Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Any JOS approved learning material on the solar return?

Amalek

Hello bros!
I want to learn to read the SR.It's quite confusing at first.
Do you guys know of any good books/sites to learn it?
I guess I would find the I would find my answer in the archives but I thought I would ask here first in case anything better came up.
Thanks in advance!
Hail Satan!

Amalek said:
I want to learn to read the SR.It's quite confusing at first.
I take it you mayhaps not understand a Lunar Return (LR), either?
A LR is for predicting how this month will unfold.
A SR is for predicting how this year will unfold.

And in the same way as the Solar Return, you chart it from the exact degree the transiting Sun (or Moon) is in its Natal position.
The easiest way to do this is through https://jos-astro.com , as you can change the time, down to the second, with a single click.
image.png

Example: The Natal Sun (or Moon) is 3°21'45".
Rectify the chart until the transiting Sun (or Moon) lines up exactly with the same degree.
image-3.png

image-2.png

See: https://satanslibrary.org/English/Joy_of_Satan_Astrology.pdf
CTRL + F "Solar Return" or "SR"
Page 135/200:
"SOLAR RETURNS:
One‟s upcoming year astrologically, always begins on one‟s birthday. The exact
time the transiting Sun conjoins the natal Sun to the degree, minute and second,
a chart is cast that reveals the planetary influences for the coming year. Further
information is given by casting a chart when the transiting Sun squares [is 90
degrees] from, and opposes [180] the natal Sun. This will break the year down
into three month parts.

For example say your Sun is 10‟44”16 into Gemini. When the transiting Sun
comes to 10‟44”16 of Gemini, the exact time this occurs, a chart is cast. When
the transiting Sun is at 10‟44”16 into Virgo [90 degrees away], a chart is cast and
is called a “quarter return.” The quarter return has lesser influence than the solar
return and basically acts as a timer for the events predicted in the solar return
chart. When the Sun is 10‟44”16 into Sagittarius [180 degrees away from the
natal Sun], this marks approximately six months from one‟s birthday. I have
noted in many cases [but not all], events predicted in the solar return often
manifest after the transiting Sun opposes the natal Sun at 180 degrees. Six
month solar charts have more influence than quarter charts, but again, this is not
a rule. When the transiting Sun is at 10‟44”16 into Pisces, you have the last three
months of your year.

In a solar return degrees are VERY important, but most famous astrologers who
write the books do not know this or much else on how to interpret them for that
matter
. The solar return must be blended with the progressions, transits and
other predictive data.

For example, say with your solar return chart, the midheaven is 0 degrees into
Taurus, with solar return chart ruler, the Sun [for Leo on the solar return
ascendant] conjunct the Moon in the second [money] house. [New Moons in a
solar return are very significant and indicate important beginnings], along with SR
midheaven ruler, Venus in the 1st house, placing emphasis on the 10th house of
career for upcoming events. Planets in the first house of a solar return place an
emphasis on the events of the house they rule in the SR chart and also in the
natal chart. Chances are, with the above influences, one will begin a new career."

Lastly: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57136&#p282777 , posted by Stormblood.

I think the best recommendation, rather than reading a book, is to actually use your spiritual abilities, as books by people who don't meditate will not teach you much. You could make this type of exercise a daily habit:

:arrow: Fall into a deep trance. (Eyes closed obviously, to shut out all distractions)
:arrow: Once you reached an appropriate level of trance, visualise yourself sitting in the akasha. From there, visualise a birth chart in front of you, one that has the characteristics you want to study.
:arrow: Move 'inside' the chart and reach the house that you want to to study.
:arrow: Focus on the energies in there. One by one, how they interact between them, etc.
:arrow: When you're done, clean yourself thoroughly.

Over time, this should make you more and more in tune with the nature of the energies and how they interact, so that you'll ideally be able to recognise patterns easily when reading a chart, and be able to give a good reading.

This is like a variation of the 'Merging consciousness' meditation. It can be done with all charts. All it takes is for you to memorise them, which is really easy anyway. It works even if you only remember one part of it, then open your eyes back to look at another part. It doesn't need to be perfect. All you know is a good amount of focus, to gradually develop energy sensitivity, and to set the clear intent of entering that chart.

Remember that when you enter someone's chart, it's like entering their soul, differently from casually studying made-up placements. Extensive cleaning is needed afterward, to remove any leftovers of their energies.

I think the mind palace memory technique is derived from the merging consciousness practice. Thinking of that, you can basically walk around someone's chart. Everyone will experience the energies differently. Some may even see the planets as people inside of a house/building, etc, with the building having particular characteristics depending on the sign on the cusp. An aspect can be seen as a relationship between two people, so seeing how these people interact between them will give you insight into how the energies interact.

With transits and other tools of prediction, the experience becomes more complex, intense, and colourful.

I may try this method myself sometimes.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back