Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Why Saturn is Exalted in Libra?

Elite

I either comprehended it by myself or found the knowledge for logic behind the exalting signs of planets except Saturn. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Bright Truth said:
I either comprehended it by myself or found the knowledge for logic behind the exalting signs of planets except Saturn. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Libra is the sign of law, justice, marriage.
Given that saturn rules over boundaries, limitations, karma and restrictions, as well as debt, it's not hard to see why these two would go together.

Saturn's aquarius rulership is much less intuitive.

existentialcrisis said:
Given that saturn rules over boundaries, limitations, karma and restrictions, as well as debt, it's not hard to see why these two would go together.

Thank you.

existentialcrisis said:
Bright Truth said:

Yeah I didn't understand Saturn's rulership of Aquarius myself either very well. However it does. Communism is a Saturn Aquarius ideal. This actually represents restrictions on freedom, complete Isolation or being a loner, I think sometimes it can represent imprisonment or enslavement in a literal physical sense in the natal charts of certain people when things like Pluto aspect it from certain places.

This is the negatives which usually is what something is these days due to people's vibration. Positive it could be a person who is freedom loving does their own thing and is kind of a loner, creating a structure that is more free. Social structures or events, science etc.

This kind of didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Bright Truth said:

You need to start from understanding the Sun's exaltation sign of Aries to understand why Saturn exalts in Libra. And why do both of them debilitate vice versa.

The Sun is the ego, the unique consciousness itself, basically it is YOU. Not your body, or your thoughts - it's YOU.
The Aries sign corresponds to 1st house - house of physical body, the ascendant - your "car" in which a "driver" would sit. The Aries, the 1st house is the eastern horizon(Horus), where the sunrise occurs every day. Your body is your 1st house, your "car". The Sun is a "driver", you.

The Sun is a spark of LIFE. Every day the Sun animates dead, lightless world bringing a spark of conscious LIFE and LIGHT into a dead "car" of our planet. The Sun does it from the eastern horizon, hence the exaltation of the Sun in Aries. Our world, our bodies are "dead" without a consciousness. While we sleep we are "dead", the Sun brings us awake from the sleep at the sunrise, our consciousness enters our body again.
Imagine a PC working without the user - it is indeed working, but no alive person sitting in front of the keyboard, hence the PC is "dead". The PC would be "animated" right when the user sits in the chair, making the symbolic sunrise "awakening". By writing this post right now I'm "animating" this forum by my consciousness. Not my body types this - I(the Sun) AM TYPING.

Now, what is Libra? You can now undestand that if Aries are eastern horizon, the Libra would be the western one. And what happens in the western horizon? Yes, the sunset. Sun-Set. Seth kills Osiris. The Sun "dies" in the western horizon. Libra is the proto 7th house - the house of other people, hence our Ego now "dead", we need to "animate" others, not our precious selves. Saturn(Seth) is the "killer" of our Ego, by "killing" our precious selves we are forced to work hard for others. Being the "king amongst planets" how do you thing the Sun feels in Libra? :)

Now to Saturn. Saturn is the base of everything, the "dead", inanimate matter. Saturn is a frame for everything, a "skeleton" of everything. Any non-working mechanism be it a car, a PC or a dead body(a biomechanism) is a manifestation of Saturn. Our universe is also a great mechanism itself.

Saturn can't bring life. He's the definition of cold and static. Nothing moves. No life, no consciousness.
Saturn is a house in which nobody lives. An engine, a great Machine, Kronos, the God of Time(this is a metaphor - Time meaning a clock mechanism. i.e. our universe).

Now, place Saturn in Aries. You now asking a dead, inanimated matter to animate the dead, inanimate matter. The most simple example is when you put a PC in front of other PC's keyboard and wonder why nothing happens. Or when you put a car into a driver's seat of other car. Saturn doesn't know what to do, he have no instruments for the task. Hence Saturn debilitates in Aries.

Now, place Saturn in Libra. You now have given a car to a person. A PC to a user. A skeleton to a body. A body to a soul. Saturn loves Libra because each mechanism, every dead matter, be it our bodies, cars or PC are(from Saturn's point of view) made to serve others. Saturn is the service for others manifested, very hard service. Every major invention of our era was due to a person's will to help others, not himself. Saturn always blesses such intent. This forum is also Saturn - the source code, forum engine, etc. It is useless without the users. It was made for people, by people.

searching said:

Thank you. You conveyed the insights very well, and examples were very nice chosen, as well.

I do not know either this is a new account, or alternative one. I guess from your knowledge, it is high likely the latter possibility is the case. But either way, welcome!

Bright Truth said:
searching said:

Thank you. You conveyed the insights very well, and examples were very nice chosen, as well.

I do not know either this is a new account, or alternative one. I guess from your knowledge, it is high likely the latter possibility is the case. But either way, welcome!

You're welcome, I'm new here but not new in astrological science itself. Although I studied mostly eastern(sidereal) system.
My personal belief it is both eastern and western schools lack the comprehensivle basics, like coherent definitions on what planets are and what signs are, hence people can't grasp why a particular planet exalts/debilitates in a certain sign. Not to mention you'll rarely find a teacher in either school who could give an answer on what astology is itself about.

The most basic thing every astrologer should learn is that astrology isn't about planets or destinies it's about systems, and every system is fractal by nature(consists of smaller, similar systems.

We have our Solar System with the Sun in the center, surrounded by planets.
We have a King(Sun) with his Queen(Moon), his wisemen(Venus+Jupiter), his jester(Mercury), his army/police(Mars) and his kingdom ends with it's boundaries which protects the kingdom(Saturn).
We have our countries with a capitol(Sun), an army/police(Mars), schools/universities(Venus/Jupiter), media(Mercury), and every country has a boundary with people protecting them(Saturn).
Your body has the brain(Sun), the heart(Moon), the muscular tissue and energy delieverer to it, stomach(Mars), vocal system and sense organs(Mercury), neocortex(Jupiter), pleasure-sensetive areas like genitals, tongue, etc(Venus), and we have our skin as a boundary(Saturn, but skin as a sense organ would be Mercury)
Your PC has a CP(Sun), a motherboard, Moon(ever wondered why is it called that way? :) ), a power unit, a "stomach"(Mars), hard drive with an OS(Jupiter), connectors/wires(Mercury), the case(Saturn).
Your body is consisting of cells, each is your body's fractal - a nucleus(Center), a mitochondria(Mars), lyzosomes(Saturn), membrane(Mercury)
Your mental(or astral) body also consists of ego(center principle Sun), emotions(emotional principle Moon), senses(Mercury, also do not mistake senses with sense ORGANS), the energy, prana(action principle Mars), the conceptual knowledge(highest meaning principle Jupiter), the "I know what I want" knowledge(pleasure-seeking principle Venus) and "I would not do that no matter what" (willpower/limitation principle Saturn)
etc, etc, etc.

When you grasp that, understanding what planets are and how they affect us, and why they love one sign and hate another one becomes really simple.

With the above example of Saturn/Sun exalting/debilitating, knowing all systems are fractal, a person can actually got to understand it by himrself, without any teacher, if he would observe a world around him.
Like this:

"Let me go outside of my house and look at the east. What happens on the east? The sunrise." (Aries/1st house)
"What happens right above me? Zenith, the noon"(Capricorn, 10th house)
"What happens on the west? Sunset"(Libra/7th house)
"And what happens right underneath my feet? Nadir, the midnight"(Cancer/4th house).

"If the Sun is the ego itself, the spark of life, what is the most suitable place for it? In the beginning of everything, the beginning of the day, the east, the Aries"
"If the Sun is in it's higest point right above me, in 10th house, what does that mean? That mean 10th house is the most "visible" house for everyone to observe me, and to reach this highground I need to put a constant repeating effort(this is why Mars exalts in Capricorn, martian energy always want to move upward)"
"If the Sun is the ego, it should have an end. Endless ego is problematic, because I wouldn't be able to "detect" myself if my ego had no boundaries. So, when other people come into my life, or when I come into society, I need to "kill" my ego in order to operate properly(Libra, the balanced deals)with other people. But nonetheless my ego is to a certain degree "dead" around others, that's why Sun is weak here"
"If Jupiter is the significator of my highest meanings, the meaning of my life for me, what is the best place for him?Right, where nobody sees it, in Nadir, in Cancer. This is a top secret, I won't reveal it to noone except my very few close ones. This highest meaning of my life is my secret source of power, I won't be broken untill I have something to live for, and it will be manifested through the means of my actions(Mars)in physical world(Capricorn) which probably would earn me a career(10th house)"
"If Saturn is the end of my ego, if he's representing my both physical and mental boundaries, all sorts of limitations, the balance, if he denies ego and despises egoism so much, where is the best place for him? Where other egos arise, I myself should "end", hence Libra."

Eastern astrological myths like Seth-Osiris myth, were made for that purpose: to give people a grasp on how the system works. Sadly the knowledge was corrupted by the means of time itself and parasitary intruders, so it's very hard to understand what "Seth kills Osiris" really means.

This is not a complete overview ofcourse, but I hope this would improve understanding on basics and lessen the amount of questions on why certain planet exalts/debilitates in a particular sign.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back