Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mercury in Scorpio vs Mercury in Capricorn in Witchcraft

WiseDragon

In the JoS Astrology section as far as Mercury in Scorpio goes it says: Mercury in Scorpio gives the gift of concentration and a natural ability in working magick- focusing the desires and will. These people have the gift of being able to visualize. Meditation can come easier for them.

For Mercury in Capricorn it says: Like Mercury in Scorpio, those with Mercury in Capricorn have the ability to focus their minds for extended periods of time.

As we know complete focus is needed in Magic. Both positions look great for the concentration of the mind. But Maxine says that Mercury in Scorpio has also the natural ability of visualization. So i suppose Mercury in Scorpio is better.

But if you are able to keep your mind focused for long periods of time visualization also comes easier, so i don't know, maybe Mercury in Capricorn is just as good.
But Scorpio is also the sign of the Mage, that has to mean something.

What do you think?

WiseDragon said:
In the JoS Astrology section as far as Mercury in Scorpio goes it says: Mercury in Scorpio gives the gift of concentration and a natural ability in working magick- focusing the desires and will. These people have the gift of being able to visualize. Meditation can come easier for them.

For Mercury in Capricorn it says: Like Mercury in Scorpio, those with Mercury in Capricorn have the ability to focus their minds for extended periods of time.

As we know complete focus is needed in Magic. Both positions look great for the concentration of the mind. But Maxine says that Mercury in Scorpio has also the natural ability of visualization. So i suppose Mercury in Scorpio is better.

But if you are able to keep your mind focused for long periods of time visualization also comes easier, so i don't know, maybe Mercury in Capricorn is just as good.

What do you think?

I personaly think that both position are good to focus, but Scorpio really helps with visualization.

Maybe Capricorn is good for focusing and staying still,while Scorpio also give a great creativity for visualization.

WiseDragon said:

What do you think?
Both planetary positions are excellent for concentration and magic, but the elemental structure changes (the earth element is very powerful to use for concentration but still the intense energies of pluto if sublimated and above all elaborated (Runa Eihwaz) can be equally positive but is more connected in the sense to sexual energy while the other to the element Earth and in this case as regards Saturn), other aspects of Mercury must also be considered such as Mercury / Pluto confirms and intensifies even more the tendency to concentration and the ability to use magic, instead with Mercury / Neptune the concentration would weaken but with a tendency to telepathy and more pronounced psychic abilities, a lot also depends on how these positions manifest themselves even taking into account the rest of the theme to confirm or weaken the ability to concentrate.
Mercury in Scorpio is less inclined for visualization than Mercury in Pisces but the latter is decidedly weaker for concentration while Mercury in Scorpio has more visual thoughts regarding sex in particular because it focuses more on it, the thought is easier to stop with the will with this position and weakens in a different way if the energy of the kidneys is compromised or on the contrary if you strengthen the strengthening will be greater, Mercury in Capricorn has a longer duration in certain cases as regards mental resistance and must be sublimated in a different way.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back