Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Rolled "R"s and planetary squares

WinterWarrior666

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble with rolled R's and planet squares? Currently I'm doing a Jupiter Square and sometimes the roll of the R in "Guruave" just doesn't happen when I try to do it, does anyone else have this problem? If so how did you solve it?

On a related note, if you do screw up a rolled R "Gurrrrr" does it count as a ruined square? Or can you just try to say the word "Guruave" again correctly?

WinterWarrior666 said:
Hi everyone,

Is anyone else having trouble with rolled R's and planet squares? Currently I'm doing a Jupiter Square and sometimes the roll of the R in "Guruave" just doesn't happen when I try to do it, does anyone else have this problem? If so how did you solve it?

On a related note, if you do screw up a rolled R "Gurrrrr" does it count as a ruined square? Or can you just try to say the word "Guruave" again correctly?
HP Cobra posted a very good article about generalities on the Squares. Such small mistakes like not vibrating one word properly won't affect the whole working.
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=66793
If you screwed up a word one time, move on and consider it as vibrated, is better than repeating the whole mantra again one more time because the number of vibrations for each must be respected. By the way just not to remain myself confused as you wrote `Gurrrrr`, Guruave should be vibrated as: GHHH-UUU-RRR-UUU-AAA-VVV-EEE as far as I am aware. G is also to be extended.

There are indeed people which have certain voice `issue` and cannot spell `r` properly but this is inherited as far as I know and is unlikely that something can be done to fix this condition which I think is called rhotacism. Here one has to struggle to vibrate RRR as close to the sound as they can and that's quite it. Or maybe this condition can slowly go away with practice, like trying to spell and vibrate R daily.

WinterWarrior666 said:
Hi everyone,

I cannot roll the R all the way cause i have the french R or whatever it is called but after so many mantras like Raum and Frtr i can do a decent R. I think as long as you do a decent R, it will work.

WinterWarrior666 said:
Hi everyone,

I used to have trouble at first with r's too, but after watching this video i learned in a few minutes and have been able to since. I hope it helps

https://youtu.be/XKRQMCHlONU

The Alchemist7 said:
WinterWarrior666 said:
Hi everyone,

HP Cobra posted a very good article about generalities on the Squares. Such small mistakes like not vibrating one word properly won't affect the whole working.
If you screwed up a word one time, move on and consider it as vibrated, is better than repeating the whole mantra again one more time because the number of vibrations for each must be respected. By the way just not to remain myself confused as you wrote `Gurrrrr`, Guruave should be vibrated as: GHHH-UUU-RRR-UUU-AAA-VVV-EEE as far as I am aware. G is also to be extended.

There are indeed people which have certain voice `issue` and cannot spell `r` properly but this is inherited as far as I know and is unlikely that something can be done to fix this condition which I think is called rhotacism. Here one has to struggle to vibrate RRR as close to the sound as they can and that's quite it. Or maybe this condition can slowly go away with practice, like trying to spell and vibrate R daily.
It is possible to learn to correctly pronounce r. I had this problem as a child, but I grew out of it and one day I noticed I could spell it properly.

Jihiji12 said:
WinterWarrior666 said:
Hi everyone,

I used to have trouble at first with r's too, but after watching this video i learned in a few minutes and have been able to since. I hope it helps

https://youtu.be/XKRQMCHlONU

Holy shit this was super helpful.I thought I had it and could get it most days but this taught me a part that makes it feel alot more reliable, thank you very much.

The Alchemist7 said:
WinterWarrior666 said:
Hi everyone,

Yeah I know it's vibrated at the G (and all other letters as well by extension) I was merely trying to show where it is things often screwed up.

I do need to clarify though I wasn't repeating the whole mantra if wrong, I just didn't finish the word with the screwed up R and tried only that word over.

Try substituting a "D" sound, as it's basically the first sound of a roll. "Gu-du-ah-vay." It also works for languages with rolled R's. Spanish, for example, the name "Carlos" an be pronounced as "Cah-dlos."

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back