Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Wisdom of the 12th House

existentialcrisis

Does anyone have any experience reading, or insight into this house?

Most of what I find online looks canned and ambiguous, like they are reading the description of the 12th house and assorted placements and mashing them together just for the sake of providing an answer. Doesn't seem to be much understanding out there for this house like there is for the others.

I feel like this house is important for me somehow but I'm not sure what to make of it. Like it has answers. The house associated with the sign on its cusp has emphasis, as well as its ruler. I sense that it has lessons to serve, like Saturn. But it's hard to pin down. No doubt about it being Neptune's house.

How do you make sense of this house and make the most out of it?

existentialcrisis said:
Does anyone have any experience reading, or insight into this house?

Most of what I find online looks canned and ambiguous, like they are reading the description of the 12th house and assorted placements and mashing them together just for the sake of providing an answer. Doesn't seem to be much understanding out there for this house like there is for the others.

I feel like this house is important for me somehow but I'm not sure what to make of it. Like it has answers. The house associated with the sign on its cusp has emphasis, as well as its ruler. I sense that it has lessons to serve, like Saturn. But it's hard to pin down. No doubt about it being Neptune's house.

How do you make sense of this house and make the most out of it?

I just imagine it as the house of Pisces, therefore any planet placed within it is subject to the affairs of life ruled by Pisces. As the astrology page describes, this can bring spiritual benefits, but also misfortune, both in general and specific to Pisces, such as secrecy or delusion.

The houses represent our external environment, of course, so I find it easier to focus on the external world when thinking about planets or signs in houses, rather than trying to focus on the energy of a sign itself.

Anyway, I would recommend simply reading over the individual descriptions of Neptune's rulership, the 12th house, and each planet as they are found in the 12th. This should give you a good idea of how it works.

As far as making the most out of it, there is no doubt the planet found in your 12th house will bring or can readily give spiritual benefits. However, you will also want to make sure you clear off the negative karma that may be associated with that planet or house as well.

As you say, it is similar to Saturn in that it can be both good and bad. In regards to the bad, these negatives are uniquely related to Pisces, however. Saturn is like a hard limiting factor, whereas Neptune is mutable water, which makes it very illusive. Funny enough, Saturn energies can be used to ground the sensations that Neptune provides.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back