Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question about Mercury Retrograde

BlackOnyx8 [JG]

Website
jos-projects.com
Does anyone know if Mercury Retrograde messes up healing workings?
HPS Maxine has stated that Mercury is the healer, but since it doesn't say anything about healing in the Mercury rulership page, I'm not sure if it going Retrograde is bad or not.
I'm planning a healing working. And I'm looking for the best date to begin.
I guess for this particular working doesn't really matter much because it will have be way after it goes direct in 18 October regardless (privacy issues). But I would still like to know for future workings.

BlackOnyx8 said:
HPS Maxine has stated that Mercury is the healer, but since it doesn't say anything about healing in the Mercury rulership page, I'm not sure if it going Retrograde is bad or not.
I guess for this particular working doesn't really matter much because it will have be way after it goes direct in 18 October regardless (privacy issues). But I would still like to know for future workings.

When a planet retrogrades, its affairs goes to one's self inside, in other words internal, not external world. Probably it may bad for healing another person but can be stronger for healing self? It's my theory, not a certain fact, just wanted to say my opinion. But retrogrades is bad for squares, that's official.

BlackOnyx8 said:
Mercury rules Virgo and the 6th house, the house of health. So there's some kind of connection there. But i'd say what really rules health is the Sun. I'd avoid Mercury retrograde for healing workings tho.

Bright Truth said:
BlackOnyx8 said:

Yeah, I forgot to mention, the working is for healing another.
I don't see much about Mercury being the healer in the JoS, besides HPS Maxine's statement. But I see that Moon in Virgo (ruled by Mercury) is good for healing workings, since next October 31, is going to be Moon in Gemini (also ruled by Mercury) and waxing, could this be a good date to begin such working?

BlackOnyx8 said:
Bright Truth said:
BlackOnyx8 said:

Yeah, I forgot to mention, the working is for healing another.
I don't see much about Mercury being the healer in the JoS, besides HPS Maxine's statement. But I see that Moon in Virgo (ruled by Mercury) is good for healing workings, since next October 31, is going to be Moon in Gemini (also ruled by Mercury) and waxing, could this be a good date to begin such working?

The one rules the health is Virgo, not Gemini. I suggest to you waiting for Virgo.

Guys, my bad, this is what I get for trying to take care of important things while at work. I totally messed up the information. The Moon will be in Virgo next October 31 and wanning. So, I'm not sure if I should do it regardless... What's more important? The sign or the phase? The SS calendar says it's a good date for removing health issues so I might just go for it.
Thanks for the Astrology explanation, I get it now.

Bright Truth said:
BlackOnyx8 said:

When a planet retrogrades, its affairs goes to one's self inside, in other words internal, not external world. Probably it may bad for healing another person but can be stronger for healing self? It's my theory, not a certain fact, just wanted to say my opinion. But retrogrades is bad for squares, that's official.

This is true for natal Astrology not for transiting astrology.

It’s like that, when planets are stationary, their influence is the purest and strongest, as we receive their natural default frequencies. (Planets don’t „move“ when you look up to the sky)

Normally planets are direct in motion.

When the planet goes retrograde, thanks to the doppler effect, we receive a different frequency than this planet is used to. And things don’t go wrong, during Mercury retrogrades my electronics get wasted, and only then. (-.-)
For a weird reason, retrograde Jupiter is even more beneficial for us tho, guess not all shifts in frequency are bad then.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back