Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Synastry: Saturn in hard aspect to your chart ruler..exceptions?

Shadowcat

From what i understand, The rule of thumb is that if someone has their saturn in hard aspect, conjuntcion, square, semisquare sesisquare, or opposite your chart ruler (i dont think the soft aspects trine and sextile, semi sextile count?)
or if your saturn is in one of those aspects to their chart ruler, it is an automatic no go when it comes to getting to know someone, and that one must avoid this person at all costs. Is this a hard rule or can there be exceptions?

My brother for example also has his saturn in hard aspect to my chart ruler at a very tight orb. Although we had fighting as kids, (and him telling on me for something got me locked up in juvie, an outcome of which he did not intend or anticipate and felt guilty for), i still see my sibling as my best friend, and he is one of the closest people to me and we have a very loving relationship despite frictions.

I know aspects and planetary influences can be offset or softened depending on other things in the chart(s) however this always seemed like something that would always stand no matter what especially due to saturn being an important planet in general.

Shadowcat said:
From what i understand, The rule of thumb is that if someone has their saturn in hard aspect, conjuntcion, square, semisquare sesisquare, or opposite your chart ruler (i dont think the soft aspects trine and sextile, semi sextile count?)
or if your saturn is in one of those aspects to their chart ruler, it is an automatic no go when it comes to getting to know someone, and that one must avoid this person at all costs. Is this a hard rule or can there be exceptions?

My brother for example also has his saturn in hard aspect to my chart ruler at a very tight orb. Although we had fighting as kids, (and him telling on me for something got me locked up in juvie, an outcome of which he did not intend or anticipate and felt guilty for), i still see my sibling as my best friend, and he is one of the closest people to me and we have a very loving relationship despite frictions.

I know aspects and planetary influences can be offset or softened depending on other things in the chart(s) however this always seemed like something that would always stand no matter what especially due to saturn being an important planet in general.
From what HPS Maxine explained in the astrology egroup, the Saturn person has some power or leverage over the chart ruler person. It can be knowing a damning secret, for example, so it's not always extremely bad. It can also be just hard feelings that may never turn into actions, like jealousy or hatred. And of course it can be victimization to varying degrees.

I think you can also look at other malefics like Mars and Neptune. Pluto can also factor in, as it often brings a control dynamic or obsession (especially if the Pluto person has scorpio placements or a prominent Pluto). Also where each person's planets fall in the other person's chart. The ascendant is also as important as the chart ruler, though the orb of influence can be weaker as it is a point and not a planet. I'd say maybe 5 degrees maximum.

I'm sure we all meet many people with their Saturn in hard aspect with our chart ruler and we often go through the relations unscathed.

Blackdragon666 said:
Shadowcat said:

From what HPS Maxine explained in the astrology egroup, the Saturn person has some power or leverage over the chart ruler person. It can be knowing a damning secret, for example, so it's not always extremely bad. It can also be just hard feelings that may never turn into actions, like jealousy or hatred. And of course it can be victimization to varying degrees.

I think you can also look at other malefics like Mars and Neptune. Pluto can also factor in, as it often brings a control dynamic or obsession (especially if the Pluto person has scorpio placements or a prominent Pluto). Also where each person's planets fall in the other person's chart. The ascendant is also as important as the chart ruler, though the orb of influence can be weaker as it is a point and not a planet. I'd say maybe 5 degrees maximum.

I'm sure we all meet many people with their Saturn in hard aspect with our chart ruler and we often go through the relations unscathed.

Then from my understanding rn squares are the worst. They are almost always bad.

Oppositions can be bad, depending on the planets involved, and also the nature of the persons involved.

And Conjunctions can be either good or bad depending on the nature of the planets.
Saturn conjunction Saturn is a good aspect for example.
Saturn conjunction Uranus a bad one. (Hatred, misunderstanding, enmity, harm..)

Trines and sextiles are almost always good.

Blackdragon666 said:
Shadowcat said:

Thank you this is an informative elaboration. i will keep these things in mind

I have a feeling this is different depending on the planet that is chart ruler. So if it is going to cause problems it will be related to the chart ruler.

For example my partner has Saturn on the exact degree of my co ruling Neptune. At first this was bad. I ended up getting into drugs partly related to people she was around got taken advantage of by her friends (the synastry plays out in the 11th house) I kind of lost connection with my spiritual path and quit meditation for awhile etc.

These issues have slowly gone away over the years it's more been replaced with me being a spiritual guide to her and guide to help her get over her deep seated issues (Saturn). Nothing really bad comes out of this aspect anymore.

Just wanted to share this part chart ruler would be more pronounced I believe but similar kind of thing.

If both people work on stuff it can be resolved or made into something better.

This isn't as bad as Pluto conjunct Mars in scorpio square chart ruler or something scary you would know looking at it ti stay away from.

It's just remain cautious with this person until you know how this will go if you have to relate to them or want to.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back