Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

help please. Career with no 10th house planets?

Big Dipper

So when I look for a job im trying to find something that I was supposed to do according to my chart, since whatever planet there would help me feel more at home with that specific job, but I have no planets in the career house. How do I look for "career" planets; angles, like opposition, ascension too, the sign the house is in?

Big Dipper said:
So when I look for a job im trying to find something that I was supposed to do according to my chart, since whatever planet there would help me feel more at home with that specific job, but I have no planets in the career house. How do I look for "career" planets; angles, like opposition, ascension too, the sign the house is in?

It is not necessary a planet must be in 10th house, but 10th house itself is must be in a sign. Look over your chart on Astro-Seek website. In the right side of the site there are houses, 1 to 12, look 10th house. Let's say sagittarius is in 10th house, next step is to look Jupiter in 10th house at JoS. Even if Jupiter is not in 10th house, you should count it is in 10th house since sagittarius is in 10th house. If 10th house is in another sign, you should look sign's ruler planet, e.g. aries for Mars, aquarius for Uranus.

Also let's say you learned sagittarius is in 10th house, do not limit your career reading just with Jupiter. If another planets aspects Jupiter, count them as in 10th house too.

:arrow: Ten house cusp and its ruler
:arrow: Second house cusp, its ruler and whatever planet(s) is there, as well as aspects to that planet(s). The second house rules your finances and ways to make money.
:arrow: Sixth house cusp, its ruler, and whatever planet(s) is there, as well as aspects to that planet(s). The sixth house rules work environment.
:arrow: Pay attention to fixed stars as well: which are in aspect with those planets and those house cusps? (conjunctions and oppositions only, max 2 degrees)

Your 9th house also rules higher education, if you need it. Many career paths can do with any degrees. For example, geography and language grads can still get in things like finance and even law in some countries (with the appropriate one-year diploma). On the other hand, you can obviously not become a medical doctor or psychologist without the specific degree. So, some careers require the specific degree and others can be accessed with other degrees. Some careers do not require degrees at low levels, but they will require them for executive and senior executive position (whatever degree, really, which is obviously enemy corruption to get you in debt).

When there are no planets in a sign, you take the planet that rules that sign and look its effects in that house.

For example, if in the 10th house you have Sagitarius then you're gonna look at Jupiter in the tenth house as Jupiter rules Sagitarius.

Big Dipper said:

This isn't uncommon.

As well as looking at what you have in the house, look at the degree the midheaven cusp rests on. Is it a special degree? Is there a fixed star or other star conjunct or opposing it?

Look at what ruling planet is the ruler of the sign your 10th house cusp is landing on (e.g Cancer rules the Moon)What planet is it? What sign is it in? Where is it in the sign it's in? what degree(special/fixed star aspect)? what house is it in? The placement of your 10th house ruler in another house can be a big indicator. A 10th ruler in 11th shows that networking and social activity can be a big part of your career, a 10th house ruler in 12th or 8th house can point to an occult or secretive career, etc. Especially if this ruler happened to be Moon, Neptune or Pluto. Or If your 10th house ruler was Mars, and your Mars was in your 1st house, this would be one arrangement especially for an athlete or soldier type.

If this 10th house ruler is being aspected tightly by a planet, this will have the same function as a planet tightly aspecting your chart ruler but instead of the influence over you, the influence is over your career, public image, nature of the Father, other 10th house qualities. Mars aspecting your ruler can make you very assertive and brash, bothered like the description on AA, But to your 10th ruler it makes your relationship to authority, to your dad/father figure, your dad himself, your relationship with the government and with the lower laws of nature, Martial, brash, ambitious and desiring of more. It will make those things ruled by 10th house ruler, influenced by Mars. Other planets aspecting this 10th ruler will mean the same type of thing for their natures.

You can also read the description of said planets aspecting the ruler, IN the 10th house. Like even if you don't have Uranus in the 10th, if its trining the 10th ruler, you can look at the description of Uranus in the 10th house on Azazels astrology. Its description would certainly have some bearing for you and make sense.

You can also look at aspects to your 10th house cusp itself. For example 4' Taurus 10th house cusp and a 4' Leo sun would be a tight square aspect of the Sun to Midheaven. Giving Solar qualities to your career.

Finally, check your 6th and 10th houses. In understanding your career, you also need to know how you work (6th) and how you attract and treat money and your possessions (2nd) which blend into the whole picture of career. You will probably have planets in at least one of these and if you do or you don't, you should work out the same above with them.

The 6th house can show you how your relationships with co workers can go, your pathological reactions to everyday stresses at work, latent health issues, how you organize yourself, work ethic and so forth. The 2nd house is your relationship with the material world around you. When you wake up, what you see around you in the morning. What you own. What is in your house. How you treat it. Like the 6th house, organization, are you clean? Are you lazy? Etc. Careless and/or lucky with wealth (Jupiter, Neptune/Sagittarius, Pisces)? Or frugal, hardworking, considerate(Saturn, Sun, Pluto etc.)

As you can see, they all fall back on eachother. But it's like a tree. The 10th house would be the trunk, 2nd the roots, and 6th would be the branches and leaves, the details. The only part which changes visiblh is the branches, like our work typically changes day to day. There is a poetry and clear system you can follow through it, which should help you understand how to look at your chart.

And don't be worried about not having planets in a particular house, it's very very common to have a good few without any in them.

Hope that helps :D

Look for the planetary ruler of the sign in your house of career.
The placement of that planet should give some specifics.
Ex 1.Aries 10th house with mars in 4th house might mean personal trainer. Since the 4th house and mars would be in libra it would be contract work with different people. If the mars is in scorpio instead of libra then maybe physical therapy is more suitable.
Ex 2.Taurus tenth house with venus 5th house sagitarius could make you a baker, specifically cakes and sweets.if venus is in the 5th but in Capricorn then you'd be more into baking practical foods like bread.
There are other indicators to make it even more specific but that's the surface level of the formula.

13th_Wolf said:
Big Dipper said:

thx guys much appreciated.

Since the south node shows the abilities that you already have, you can see what you can do very well for your career. However, I think it's important to think about your north node as well, as the north node indicates what you should learn to being better.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back