Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What does "Jupiter retrograde over Venus" mean?

r2vven

Hello everyone!

I'm starting to learn astrology a bit, but the JoS website can be a bit confusing for someone as new as me. So, seeing as Jupiter went into retrograde motion a few days ago and will continue to do so until October (https://www.elitedaily.com/lifestyle/retrograde-planets-june-2021), I looked at possible workings for this period.

The JoS states that personal workings can be done in this period (I plan something for my university), but this info made me curious:

Jupiter retrograde over a loved or desired one’s Venus, same with Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto concerning love; a love spell in directing these energies can be most effective.

What does this mean? How can a planet be retrograde OVER another planet? Suppose I have the natal chart of a person at hand, how would I check this?

r2vven said:
Hello everyone!

I'm starting to learn astrology a bit, but the JoS website can be a bit confusing for someone as new as me. So, seeing as Jupiter went into retrograde motion a few days ago and will continue to do so until October (https://www.elitedaily.com/lifestyle/retrograde-planets-june-2021), I looked at possible workings for this period.

The JoS states that personal workings can be done in this period (I plan something for my university), but this info made me curious:

Jupiter retrograde over a loved or desired one’s Venus, same with Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto concerning love; a love spell in directing these energies can be most effective.

What does this mean? How can a planet be retrograde OVER another planet? Suppose I have the natal chart of a person at hand, how would I check this?

Check on an ephemeris or otherwise any other tool, where Jupiter is in the degrees of the sign its in currently and where it will be retrograding. If so happens that this is the same degrees Venus, Chart ruler etc. is in the person's chart- then this applies.

There are also websites to check transits over a chart automatically.

Say a desired lover now who had their natal Venus in 2' or so of Pisces. This is the optimum love working time right for this transit. This would be heavily emotional and powerful as well given both Venus and Jupiter's primacy of rulership and exaltation when in Pisces.

If one had natal Venus in Gemini and Jupiter transit there, it would be less so etc. If Jupiter in Pisces right now was squaring that natal Gemini Venus, still a brilliant time just different dynamic of energy working.

A lesson on rulership! :D

13th_Wolf said:
r2vven said:
Hello everyone!

Check on an ephemeris or otherwise any other tool, where Jupiter is in the degrees of the sign its in currently and where it will be retrograding. If so happens that this is the same degrees Venus, Chart ruler etc. is in the person's chart- then this applies.

Say a desired lover now who had their natal Venus in 2' or so of Pisces. This is the optimum love working time right for this transit. This would be heavily emotional and powerful as well given both Venus and Jupiter's primacy of rulership and exaltation when in Pisces.

If one had natal Venus in Gemini and Jupiter transit there, it would be less so etc. If Jupiter in Pisces right now was squaring that natal Gemini Venus, still a brilliant time just different dynamic of energy working.

Thank you for your answer!

For example, I think that Jupiter is currently in Pisces and retrograding to Aquarius right? So, if there was a person with natak Venus in Libra let's say 20 degrees, would a "love working" have more chance of success because it's Libra? (I chose Libra specifically as a "neutral" sign)

r2vven said:
13th_Wolf said:
r2vven said:
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your answer!

For example, I think that Jupiter is currently in Pisces and retrograding to Aquarius right? So, if there was a person with natak Venus in Libra let's say 20 degrees, would a "love working" have more chance of success because it's Libra? (I chose Libra specifically as a "neutral" sign)

If the person has a natal Libra it won't necessarily change the actual synastry and energy dynamics working between two people. Their Venus will be stronger naturally but that is for them. Transiting Jupiter gives more success to a working as it's current. If Transiting Venus was in Libra (Like their Venus return) this would go to helping. Whereas either person's natal Venus is doesn't matter for a working, only that the 2 people involved have good synastry and a good balance of planetary natures, elements etc.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back