Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

different positions astrology/astronomy

NinRick

I have noticed that the positions of the planets differ astroglogically and astronomically...
For example, astrologically the sun just entered cancer, whereas astronomically the Sun is still in Gemini.

Why do those two perspectives differ? I always thought that they should be the same, but they are not.

Hi,
We all know that the position of the planets in the sky is not the same as that we read in ephemeris, because Astronomers and Astrologers use different systems: simply Astrologers are based on the Zodiac signs, Astronomers on constellations. They’re not the same.

It so happens, for example, that when, according to astrology, the Sun is actually in Leo, in the sky, it appears to us in the constellation of Cancer, this due to the precession of the equinoxes.

From the point of view of astrology nothing changes, and you will always be of your sign, because the Zodiac signs will remain unchangeable spaces forever.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back