Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

About a planet aspecting the ASC

Shadowcat

Ok so im doing alot of astrology studying lately. Maaayybe this is a stupid question :p. If a planet is trine, sextile, square, conjunct ect, any aspect to your ascendant does that mean it is in that aspect with the planet that rules the sign of the ascendant? for example: if your ascendant is cancer does that mean that other planet is in that aspect to the moon, since the moon rules cancer?

Shadowcat said:
Ok so im doing alot of astrology studying lately. Maaayybe this is a stupid question :p. If a planet is trine, sextile, square, conjunct ect, any aspect to your ascendant does that mean it is in that aspect with the planet that rules the sign of the ascendant? for example: if your ascendant is cancer does that mean that other planet is in that aspect to the moon, since the moon rules cancer?
Let's say your asc is in 12" Leo, then when there is for example a trine on that, it would be 120" (+- the orb) into that 12" Leo, not to any planets. Planets and asc are different thing. Unless you happen to have planet right on top of your asc. In such case it would be trine on the asc, and the planet.

I know from a chart reading from HPHC that if planets conjunct your ASC that this also has some effect. But nothing powerful like a ruler. But it provides some side effects.

Henu the Great said:
Shadowcat said:
Let's say your asc is in 12" Leo, then when there is for example a trine on that, it would be 120" (+- the orb) into that 12" Leo, not to any planets. Planets and asc are different thing. Unless you happen to have planet right on top of your asc. In such case it would be trine on the asc, and the planet.

One planet aspects both my ascendant and its ruling planet but the aspects are different. Does this still count?

Shadowcat said:
Henu the Great said:
Shadowcat said:

One planet aspects both my ascendant and its ruling planet but the aspects are different. Does this still count?
The effect the aspects would have are different since they are two different aspects.

Henu the Great said:
Shadowcat said:
Henu the Great said:

The effect the aspects would have are different since they are two different aspects.
True, thanks 😊

If a planet is on the exact degree of the Ascendant does this make it the main chart ruler. I know that I do know about Astrology a lot so you may think it dumb that I ask this but I have not been able to find anything on this anywhere. My girlfriend has mercury exactly on the ascendant and exalted as well.

slyscorpion said:
If a planet is on the exact degree of the Ascendant does this make it the main chart ruler. I know that I do know about Astrology a lot so you may think it dumb that I ask this but I have not been able to find anything on this anywhere. My girlfriend has mercury exactly on the ascendant and exalted as well.

I‘d say yes.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back