Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Angles

AlexElPM

In JoS it literally says that "planets within 5 degrees or less of an angle [Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven, or IC] are more powerful in their influence". But I see on Astrodienst that the planets that are at a maximum of 10 degrees of an angle can influence them. So... the maximum is at the 10 or 5 degrees??

On the angle within 5 degrees as it says on the JoS. Under 10 degrees and above five still counts but weaker. 0-2 degrees is the strongest and if you're getting to like 0'03 or something thats bang on.

AlexElPM said:
In JoS it literally says that "planets within 5 degrees or less of an angle [Ascendant, Descendant, Midheaven, or IC] are more powerful in their influence". But I see on Astrodienst that the planets that are at a maximum of 10 degrees of an angle can influence them. So... the maximum is at the 10 or 5 degrees??

It gets weaker the farther away it is. Its kind of the same with other conjunctions too For a personal example I have in my own life my Chart says i have 2 planets that are 8 degrees apart but it says conjunct. It is not always a noticeable trait. Kind of kicks in on and off and is not always strong in my personality even though it's personal planets. But you would notice it though if you knew me. (Thanks to what those planets are i am really freaking glad that is not a close conjunction :lol: ) Technically 10 degrees is a conjunction BUT you would rarely have any effect from it at all and when you did it would be weak. With the Angles this is more a point in the sky than a planet it represents a part of the life or personality. A planet close to it for good or bad would have a more powerful effect in the person's life and more powerful energy in their chart. It represents the 4 solstice points which are the most powerful points in astrology so far as degrees. The farther it gets away from this the less of an effect it has. Past 5 degrees since this is not a planet but a point in the sky it may not have much or any influence like this. I would trust what the JOS says. A lot of astrology sites if you know anything about astrology or the way the energy of the planets actually works spew a load of horseshit about stuff.

Like for example something being within 2 degrees of An Aries point (example 2 Cancer or 28 Gemini) is not going to add any of that energy too it. That doesn't start till its within less than half a degree before and after that. Then you start feeling subtle effects of the aries point from the planet if you tune in more and more the closer you are to it. I figured that out using meditation.

I do wonder though because my girlfriend has this. Does a planet on the same exact degree as the ascendant make it the Chart Ruler or most powerful planet in the chart (what if its in its exalted sign which it is in her case?)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back