Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Birth on a Void Moon

chinichi said:
Hello there!

How does it affect someone to be born under a void moon?
I think it adds some special emphasis to the house and sign the moon is in.

Shael said:
chinichi said:
Hello there!

I think it adds some special emphasis to the house and sign the moon is in.

What's your opinion on out of sign aspects?
I just wanted to ask, because the concept of a VoC Moon implies that it's ineffective.

Many people use it/dont use it, no big deal, I just wanted your opinion. :)

94n said:
I just wanted to ask, because the concept of a VoC Moon implies that it's ineffective.

I actually dont know all that much about astrology, especially the terminology of it. I assume by "out of sign aspects" you mean the aspects that the VoC moon has that arent in the same sign as it.
If that is the case, then I can just say my personal experience on it. I have a VoC moon in my chart that has the red aspect lines to some other planets in different signs. I do notice the (presumably normal) trope of having my subconscious desires often be in opposition to my conscious ones. I also do have something exceptional in the area of my life that my natal moon rules (house). So for that matter, I think that it's mostly the normal effects of having the moon in opposition in this way, with the added "special" thing that its VoC state brings with itself. So I'm not sure if out of sign aspects are affected by it much. At least for me personally I dont think there is anything noticeable.

All I can say in the end is that the VoC in a chart doesn't really relate to "failure" in any way, like it would for example for workings that are started during it. It just brings something special and that's it, I think. Atleast for me haha.

chinichi said:
Hello there!

I’ve seen many highly successful persons born with VOC moon, so it’s not a dooming thing. They’re often unusual in someway though. The successful ones, tend to be off the beaten path. Not fallowing trends.

94n said:

I’m curious what you mean, out of sign? When the moon is void of course it isn’t out of sign. Some astrologers have said that. It just means it’s made it’s last aspect to a planet before changing signs.

When it comes to aspects, the signs the planets are in isn’t hugely significant, it’s more the orb, or the number of degrees they are in relation to each other. So like the moon in 2 degrees Capricorn opposite the sun in Gemini 29 degrees is still opposition despite them not being opposite signs. It’s called a Dissociate Aspect.

Thanks for your answers. I appreciate it Eric and Shael. :D

I just wanted to make a discussion. :)

I wonder what the reasoning behind it is, that something is unique or unusual. What about the VoC makes this so?

I just wanted to say there's no "one way" to practice astrology--imagine how boring the world would be if everyone thought and interpreted the same. Whatever method works, works! :)

The most ancient definition of a VoC Moon I can find was a Moon that makes no (Ptolemaic) aspect in the next 30 degrees regardless of sign--the ancient astrologers considered this a bad omen for the native, unless benefic planets were at an angle.
I thought this was a mistranslation error, or a mistake, but apparently it's present in a number of works. It's doesn't seem to be very practical to be used in everyday matters, such as magic, etc.

When astrology further developed, societies found more use for the definition (of a voc) when the Moon isn't making anymore aspects at the end of a sign--this is the current one we use today. This makes the most sense to me, simply because it's what I'm most familiar with and is literally what we work with on this website.

Discussing,
94n

Eric13 said:
chinichi said:
Hello there!

I’ve seen many highly successful persons born with VOC moon, so it’s not a dooming thing. They’re often unusual in someway though. The successful ones, tend to be off the beaten path. Not fallowing trends.

94n said:

I’m curious what you mean, out of sign? When the moon is void of course it isn’t out of sign. Some astrologers have said that. It just means it’s made it’s last aspect to a planet before changing signs.

When it comes to aspects, the signs the planets are in isn’t hugely significant, it’s more the orb, or the number of degrees they are in relation to each other. So like the moon in 2 degrees Capricorn opposite the sun in Gemini 29 degrees is still opposition despite them not being opposite signs. It’s called a Dissociate Aspect.

giphy.gif

My reasoning is this:

VoC-The Moon makes no more aspects, til it moves on to the next sign.

To elaborate:
The Moon is the one that carries the events, and carries (some of) the actions of the world as far as its influence goes. So, if the Moon makes one final aspect, it's pushed on its "business" to the last planet, then, after that, the Moon makes no more aspects (1/2 definition of a VoC Moon). The Moon is ready to leave the sign, and it just has to exit the sign (2/2 definition of a VoC Moon)

The Moon's aspects to the planets is what makes the events happen. We know this because it's the implied definition of a VoC Moon also.

Now the definitions are written...

So we have this configuration:
Moon was in 29 degree Gemini, and the Sun was in 0 Degree Capricorn.

Certainly by standard definition, the Moon is VoC, because the Moon is at the end of its sign (and finished its aspects from the previous planets).

But if we consider the existence of dissociate aspects/out of sign aspects, then the Moon really isn't VoC, because it's going to make another aspect very quickly say if a planet was in a tight orb of 0 degree in the next sign and the Moon is 29 degree in the previous sign. Then here we can consider:

a) Out of sign aspects are not counted, because the Moon does not affect or become affected by the planet in the next sign regardless of orb.
b) Out of sign aspects are just as effective because it is within the orb of the planet in the next sign.

Why does the Moon's orb/influence stop just because it's at the end of the sign? That's the biggest question here. And that's what the VoC means strictly.

To clarify:
If the Moon was in 29 degree Gemini, and the Sun was in 0 Degree Capricorn, does this count as an opposition or is the Moon VoC? If the Moon is VoC, then this out of sign aspect doesn't count because it doesn't pertain to anything in actual events. If you count it, then then events could still be timed normally rather than as a VoC, say the ability to start things such as projects, etc.

Thank you for answering it clears up a few things.

I am glad that these people are not "doomed" or "failed projects" but more of a chance for something better, perhaps a success if they use it well.

I find this "loophole" of the universe quite an interesting subject and would love to read about this more, if anyone got more information to share on this topic

94n said:
To clarify:
If the Moon was in 29 degree Gemini, and the Sun was in 0 Degree Capricorn, does this count as an opposition or is the Moon VoC? If the Moon is VoC, then this out of sign aspect doesn't count because it doesn't pertain to anything in actual events. If you count it, then then events could still be timed normally rather than as a VoC, say the ability to start things such as projects, etc.

The aspects for the void moon aren’t treated the same as birth charts or transits, etc. So in a birth chart for instance the aspect you mentioned would indeed be an opposition, however for the void moon these aspects are applied at point of contact and only major aspects like the conjunction, square, trine, etc. apply. If the moon is 29 degrees Gemini and the sun is 0 degrees Capricorn, there is no opposition in this case and if there are no other exact aspects to the moon the moon would be void of course.

So let me use a slightly different example to explain when the moon would go void of course.

Say the sun, the slower moving planet, was at 26 degrees Gemini and the moon, the faster moving planet, was at 25 degrees Gemini and this was its last major aspect before going into cancer. Then the after the moon hits 26 degrees Gemini and makes a perfect conjunction to the sun, it goes void until it is at 0 degrees cancer. Make sense?

Eric13, thank you for taking time out of your day for answering. :) I understand.

As for why aren't they treated in natal, or transits--why not? Many astrologers, including Maxine, applies the concept of a VoC Moon to many charts :twisted: If the concept of a VoC is applicable in mundane, then it should be applicable in natal too. That's what a VoC means, and it's how it's applied in the natal chart per HPS Maxine's definition.

I understand astrology is done in many different ways. Personally, I haven't explored the concept of VoC Moons in the natal. I just wanted to open up discussion, that's all.

94n said:
As for why aren't they treated in natal, or transits--why not? Many astrologers, including Maxine, applies the concept of a VoC Moon to many charts :twisted: If the concept of a VoC is applicable in mundane, then it should be applicable in natal too. That's what a VoC means, and it's how it's applied in the natal chart per HPS Maxine's definition.
Sorry, pardon me, I didn’t mean the voc moon doesn’t apply to the natal chart, what I meant was the way aspects work. In a natal chart or transits for example there is an orb. So the conjunction would more or less be in effect within a ten degree orb. Whereas with the void moon, there is no orb. The void starts at point of contact. When there’s an EXACT major aspect.

Example: Sun 19 deg Cancer, Moon 25 deg Cancer. There’s a six degree orb. In a natal chart or transit, this is a conjunction. However for the void moon the aspect is done with. The moon would of went void after it hit 19 degrees cancer exactly.

Hope that makes sense. The void moon does still have an effect on natal chart for better or worse.

Does anyone know a celebrity or successful person that was born on a void o moon? Just so we can study how it made a difference in their life, of course, this person should have the hour and day of birth know publicly so we cans study their chart.

luis said:
Does anyone know a celebrity or successful person that was born on a void o moon? Just so we can study how it made a difference in their life, of course, this person should have the hour and day of birth know publicly so we cans study their chart.
Okay, I can’t give you an exact hour but I know 100% certain he has a Scorpio asc. Musician Buckethead, the guitarist that I’ve had many of interesting convos with Mageson about haha.

If you haven’t heard of him, he’s a musical genius beyond anything you’ve heard, but the dude wears a kfc bucket on his head and a Michael Myers style mask in his face while he shreds up the guitar and dances like a robot and fights with nunchucks and gives presents to his audience at each show.

Born May 13, 1969. Long Beach , CA I believe.

What an interesting person. Probably one of the most unique artists I’ve ever seen whilst being such a genius at the same time.

Eric13 said:
luis said:
Okay, I can’t give you an exact hour but I know 100% certain he has a Scorpio asc. Musician Buckethead, the guitarist that I’ve had many of interesting convos with Mageson about haha.

If you haven’t heard of him, he’s a musical genius beyond anything you’ve heard, but the dude wears a kfc bucket on his head and a Michael Myers style mask in his face while he shreds up the guitar and dances like a robot and fights with nunchucks and gives presents to his audience at each show.

Born May 13, 1969. Long Beach , CA I believe.

What an interesting person. Probably one of the most unique artists I’ve ever seen whilst being such a genius at the same time.
I guess the Void of Moon gived him his Genius and eccentric nature. Thank you i will try to look him up. My mom was born on a Void of Moon and the house affected by it Is the house of childrens so i don't know how this played out in her life and in how it's going to play out in me and my Brother life. Maybe being a SS is what this did, it's interesting.

luis said:
Not a celebrity in the world currently, but Eva Braun had one. Here a quote from Azazel's Astrology.

"Born on a Void of Course Moon:
Whatever house has Cancer on the cusp; the affairs ruled by the house are exceptional in some way. One born on a void of course Moon is often a very unusual and/or outstanding person.

Eva Braun, Adolf Hitler's mistress/wife had the ruler of her 7th [marriage/partners] with the sign of Cancer on the cusp, ruled by a void of course Moon in the 8th house of power, representing Adolf Hitler - enough said?"

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back