Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

vedic vs tropical astrology

loki88

Hello. I scanned the search engine on the site but couldn't find any relevant links for proof of the legitimacy/superiority of the tropical or vedic or their relative usefulness. Any links people could provide would be great. Thanks.

You will have to search the yahoo astrology group, not this forum that has only been up for a few years. I wrote some posts but those were in the previous forum.

Basically, transits alone prove western Tropical is the chart that works. Saturn entering a house, hitting a planet, same with the other outer planets. Transiting Pluto, when it aspects a planet, and the house ruled by that planet, the sign will be wrong in sidereal.

For natal charts, planets on fixed stars, planets on negative degrees, these are not the same in Sidereal. Same with Solar returns. People physically look and act like their AC, the AC based on tropical western. And people are very much the representation of their chart rulers and any stellium. Planets on negative degree, the house they rule, there will be misfortune to one extent or another.

I get a real good laugh when looking at my vedic sidereal chart, it gives me a grand trine plus more planets in an element which I am most certainly lowest in, and only 1 planet in my main element. My AC in sidereal has nothing to do with me in real life, I look and act nothing like it. As well, I have some very significant things about me which are only based on certain planets on fixed stars, these would not factor in with sidereal/vedic.

Any competent astrologer can disprove sidereal, based on transits and natal chart, and a real, honest look at one's personality, habits, flaws, problems, misfortunes, talents, skills.

(I know I replied to your email with some of this, but I'm also posting this for other members)

This is one post by HPS Maxine, I can't link it as it's from a pdf of her posts in the yahoo astro group:

"I know all about both systems and have worked with both systems. I have been
an astrologer for close to 40 years. I am a professional and I will tell you, the
Vedic/Sidereal for whatever reason is not accurate. I use the tropical. Certain
aspects of Vedic astrology are helpful, such as the nature of the planet is more
important than the nature of the aspects. For example, squares and oppositions
from jupiter are usually of a beneficial nature, especially with transiting planets,
solar returns and such, while trines from saturn can be a down time.

Firestarter is correct as far as I am concerned. In order to do a competent
astrology reading, one must use one's psychic abilities, along with the
information given on the planets. This is because no two charts are exactly the
same. The astrological chart is a map of the soul and is as individual as one's
fingerprints. Two people can have the exact same aspects, but given the affairs
of the houses ruled by the planets, and the other aspects and planetary
placements, that same aspect will manifest differently in the two charts. In
addition, psychic energy must be used in determining how a certain chart pattern
or configuration will manifest in one's life.

Science has not progressed far enough [because of xianity and its ilk], to where it
can explain the spiritual. Kirian photography for one can photograph the aura, but
the chakras still cannot be seen. Science is making great strides in deciphering
thoughts and with this, may soon be able to see the energy centers of the soul,
but given the jews dominate this field, much of what is given to the public has
been corrupted, especially in the way of anything spiritual.

I know all about the equinoxes and the synetic vernal point, and the sidereal
aspects of astrology and as I already wrote, I have studied both systems and
have found the sidereal system to be seriously flawed when doing plenty of
research. The characteristics of the planets in the signs and other given
information of the vedic system does not fit me or the many others I have
studied.

This has been my own experience. I also came across a woman in an occult
bookstore who did not like the sidereal vedic system and told me of an astrologer
who read for her who used this system, who was not only "way off‟ in predicitons,
but the entire reading was flawed."

Thanks for clearing that up, I'll copy the info and keep it as a 'proof' of the legitimacy of the tropical system.

Vedic Astrology is a catch up term invented by a new age Astrologers when they needed to compete with market that was getting popular from western countries, especially from USA. True Astrology means the Moon movement through 27 Nakshatras, through constellations in the sky. So people in ancient India believed that Moon position in the sky was most important and wherever the Moon was positioned that was the place your soul was descended from... They sometimes call it a birth star, star seed etc... All of those have their own degrees and is divided in 27 parts. Western Astrology is not that specific and does not recognize constellations in its depth. It follows the Sun movement. For me Nakshatras have deeper explanation, they have their own specific stars, their own "Gods" and can give you more information.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=91013 time=1563861115 user_id=57]
You will have to search the yahoo astrology group, not this forum that has only been up for a few years. I wrote some posts but those were in the previous forum.

Basically, transits alone prove western Tropical is the chart that works. Saturn entering a house, hitting a planet, same with the other outer planets. Transiting Pluto, when it aspects a planet, and the house ruled by that planet, the sign will be wrong in sidereal.

For natal charts, planets on fixed stars, planets on negative degrees, these are not the same in Sidereal. Same with Solar returns. People physically look and act like their AC, the AC based on tropical western. And people are very much the representation of their chart rulers and any stellium. Planets on negative degree, the house they rule, there will be misfortune to one extent or another.

I get a real good laugh when looking at my vedic sidereal chart, it gives me a grand trine plus more planets in an element which I am most certainly lowest in, and only 1 planet in my main element. My AC in sidereal has nothing to do with me in real life, I look and act nothing like it. As well, I have some very significant things about me which are only based on certain planets on fixed stars, these would not factor in with sidereal/vedic.

Any competent astrologer can disprove sidereal, based on transits and natal chart, and a real, honest look at one's personality, habits, flaws, problems, misfortunes, talents, skills.

(I know I replied to your email with some of this, but I'm also posting this for other members)

This is one post by HPS Maxine, I can't link it as it's from a pdf of her posts in the yahoo astro group:

an astrologer for close to 40 years. I am a professional and I will tell you, the
aspects of Vedic astrology are helpful, such as the nature of the planet is more
from jupiter are usually of a beneficial nature, especially with transiting planets,

addition, psychic energy must be used in determining how a certain chart pattern

Science has not progressed far enough [because of xianity and its ilk], to where it
can explain the spiritual. Kirian photography for one can photograph the aura, but
the chakras still cannot be seen. Science is making great strides in deciphering

studied.

bookstore who did not like the sidereal vedic system and told me of an astrologer
who read for her who used this system, who was not only "way off‟ in predicitons,

Thank you Lydia for this post. I can attest to all of this as well. I have had people literally think my sun sign was my asc before telling them anything about me. I am bumping it since a certain worthless troll is spreading around misinformation.

Shadowcat said:
Lydia [JG said:

studied.

Thank you Lydia for this post. I can attest to all of this as well. I have had people literally think my sun sign was my asc before telling them anything about me. I am bumping it since a certain worthless troll is spreading around misinformation.

I also agree. I read both my Sidereal and Tropical, and not gonna lie, Tropical makes more sense. I went even further and use Stellarium to pinpoint exactly where the planets were in the sky, and while some things from Sidereal make sense, the tropical ones were more spot on. While the transits and aspects were mostly similar, the signs they were in made a huge difference between Sidereal and Tropical. However, the Vedic Nakshatra system made a lot of sense.

Shadowcat said:
Lydia [JG said:

studied.

I heard about some Vedic astrologers using the Nakshatras system to pinpoint where planets are instead of example Pisces in Mercury, they say Mercury in the Nakshatra of Uttara Bhadrapada. Tho, the accuracy doesn't really help much.

loki88 said:
Hello. I scanned the search engine on the site but couldn't find any relevant links for proof of the legitimacy/superiority of the tropical or vedic or their relative usefulness. Any links people could provide would be great. Thanks.

Vedic astrology is more scientific and precise. Try both systems instead of worshiping the words of others.

Aim_ain said:
Vedic astrology is more scientific and precise. Try both systems instead of worshiping the words of others.

What exactly is so much more precise and scientific about it?

If one doesn't know a thing about Astrology, one really shouldn't try to make random baseless statements like this.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back