Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What does meditation actually do?

Guys what happens when a person meditates, like just general meditation where you're relaxing more and more into a trance?

Like spiritually.

My friend told me that you're circulating energy through the chakras or something, is that right?

The Phantom Stranger said:
Guys what happens when a person meditates, like just general meditation where you're relaxing more and more into a trance?

Like spiritually.

You mean like mainstream "mindfulness" meditation or when you concentrate on something like your breath? All it does is train your mind and empower your crown chakra. If the meditation includes visualization, it also empowers your 6th chakra. If it's about repeating a mantra silently, it empowers your throat chakra. But nothing more than that.

My friend told me that you're circulating energy through the chakras or something, is that right?

No, this isn't true. To circulate energy through your chakras you have to will it consciously and visualize and feel the energy being circulated.

I don't know. Honestly after spending all these decades dedicated I have so many questions and need so many answers that I'd probably drive the Gods away with my long lists of questions.

There are two kinds of meditation. Regular meditation like aforementioned "Mindfulness" i.e. training the mind void, trance, and single-pointed concentration.

Most meditations and meditators are simple breath awareness or sensation awareness ignore everything but the breath/feelings.

That's fine and dandy but doesn't accomplish much. Although it can some people experience their soul doing it probably current, astro chart, or past life situations with soul improvement or activation.

Then we have power meditations. For example mantras or energy shifts or visualization. Trance can be considered a form of power meditation especially if you visualize a lot or get visuals if your not trained to be actively aware. For example trance can lead to sleepiness and might make you fall asleep. Just like the opposite maybe there are people who maintain consciousness and utilize trance to an advantage.

At JoS it's more like 90% power meditation; 10% contemplative meditations. For example we teach to control the mind, void it, single-pointed(Ganesha's single tusk), and trance.

But other than that everything else is work on the Soul. In other words be an active participant.

I think the biggest problem is most people don't exercise so they aren't grounded/centered. I believe many need to exercise and work on the carnal physical vessel first and foremost to advance in meditation even contemplative meditations benefit from it.

So long story short. I don't know what meditation is. I guess it's a hack to work on the soul and affect mind, body, and soul with quantum mechanisms and alchemical properties.

Basically if you meditate benefits will come such as mental processes improvement or better physiological properties as in yoga.

Honestly I don't know. I can't give you a straight answer as to what meditation actually do.

There is such a myriad of things even a simple meditation does over time the longer and more you do it that the benefits range from minutia to many.

Seker said:

Like spiritually.

You mean like mainstream "mindfulness" meditation or when you concentrate on something like your breath? All it does is train your mind and empower your crown chakra. If the meditation includes visualization, it also empowers your 6th chakra. If it's about repeating a mantra silently, it empowers your throat chakra. But nothing more than that.

No, this isn't true. To circulate energy through your chakras you have to will it consciously and visualize and feel the energy being circulated.

Okay thanks.

Gear88 said:

Contemplative meditations fall more on the Pisces/Lunar side (Yin) of spirituality, where we sense and feel something in order to gain more information. This is needed in power meditations as well, but it isn't a strict requirement, such as the case of a beginner who can still use intention and imagination to guide energy.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back