Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Mantras & Words Of Power: How To Do Them Properly

Hp. Hoodedcobra666

Administrative High Priest
Staff member
Website
joyofsatan.org
Mantras are powerful tools in the arsenal of any magick practitioner to attain your ends. Words of power are to be chanted and vibrated as it's known by everyone here past the beginner level.

Now it appears there are a few things people have wrong about mantras. Mantras are means through which one applies one's own mental force to the manifestation of a goal.

For one, mantras are based a lot on intent. Mere recitation of a mantra without any focus or imagination going into it, can reduce it's effectiveness.

While the same practice of the surface is to pronounce it and say it, in which cases, even this will work, it's not going to be as potent to do this in a half careless manner. The more careless one is, the less the effect.

If you literally just speak the mantra or vibrate it without caring at all, it can "still" be effective, but the effect will be little, to where if you are completely careless you will diminish it.

As one advances, your own energy, potency and force are very much affecting the potency of any mantra used.

In other words, if you are strong, even if you use a mantra or word of power for less repetitions, you will get a manifestation of your goal easier.

In opposite, if you do many repetitions to the point you exhaust yourself, the gauge of exhaustion will affect the mantra, even if you did this for a very long time. Therefore, a balance is required to work the mantras.

Power can also make the situation of being less 'perfect' about the use, have greater effects. More on this later on the topic.

The turtle that wants to create positive and longterm change, wins that race, and those who devote themselves to 40 and longer day circles, are going to reap longer benefits.

The attempt here is to focus these energetic changes to take place and attain a stability in your life. This is how Mantras and Words of Power can help you in the Eight Fold Path as a tool to change your destiny.

If you encounter problematic issues that need immediate solving, you can do a mantra up to 3 times a day. You can space this to 5 hours per setting. Yet, doing this for longer than a week, will not necessarily mean a bigger manifestation where 40 day workings are concerned, or longterm workings.

When you want massive change that is longterm, such as a permanent escape from a situation, the importance lies in longterm repetition over a longer period of time. Doing a thousand repetitions in one day, and then doing nothing, will be like lighting a candlewick that has no oil on it and keeping the lighter on. This can be useful only in some circumstances where fast light is necessary, but it is not where you want to build a big fire.

The person who will 1/10th of this, but maintains for longer periods of time, will reap biggest changes in life.

The state of mind when you do a mantra is important. Running around, doing it haphazardly, and above all not recognizing the procedure, can keep you back. The basic point of takeoff for a working to work is to "DO IT", then, to do it in the way that is most proper.

The state of calmness and focus is necessary to increase the potency, but without the form of trying to force things.

In regards to pronouncing the mantras, yes, pronouncing them has to be accurate, and it helps with the potency of the mantra. But even if you do it perfectly and you spend all time worrying if you could do it more perfectly, then you are not focusing properly on the use.

The person who might not be 100% in pronunciation but is actually focused mentally, will achieve more than the person who utters a mantra "absolutely right" and is 100% unfocused.

A stable self awareness without too many distractions, will yield the best results. As a final tip, repetition seeks to achieve not only calmness and focus of mind, but also raising of energy, yet above all it tries to put you into the necessary state of mind which is reflected by a proper word of power.

Advanced meditators know for example that using a Rune, will have these manifestations a few hours later, but the experienced meditator will get immediate effects, same as the ones that come later. Openness and the soul to be empowered is required to experience more of these effects.

-High Priest Hooded Cobra 666

Thank you HP. Most of this aligns with my own experience.

There is something I am slightly confused on and which seems to provoke some controversy on the forums as well that came up in the Law of Attraction thread.

Let's say someone does a money mantra. HPS Maxine advised to imagine oneself being given the money and to feel emotions related to this. But is it advisable to imagine oneself already -having- the money in present tense or rolling around in cash or something, with related emotions such as elation when one does a working like this? Do both work?

Some members said this was bad as regarding yourself as already having something dilutes your desire to have it and leads to delusional thinking. But the way HPS Maxine wrote about this didn't seem like that.

I guess I was a bit ignoring this but thinking about it I felt tge effects of some working stronger when I was feeling strongly about what I wanted to manifest while vibrating the mantra, this happened when I was in a desperate need for it to work. Usually I'm lazy about it and its something I need to change. I guess this is about power meditation too, it will have stronger effect if you focus strongly on it.

This is very helpful, thank you.

Living under a Xian household is far beyond just a little stifling. I was wondering if I could create a working in which independence is encouraged.

If the visualization/focus is what ultimately determines the outcome of the working, could I visualize living on my own as an independent adult and manifest it into a reality?

They see me as a tool, not even letting me get a job or drive because that would cut into my 'babysitting' and I'm just tired of being dependent on them. It's demeaning, especially for someone of my age.

should we apply this to the use of runes? when i use runes i usually imagine the rune giving me power and after that is when i visualize the things happening, but i do not visualize the things happening while im vibrating the runes, is this method useful too?

Also i didnt knew the effect of runes is more powerful hours later after the vibration, i thought it was quicker, thank you for that information

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Power can also make the situation of being less 'perfect' about the use, have greater effects. More on this later on the topic.

I made a thread to ask about this before.
I'm looking forward to a detailed answer about the meat of what I was trying to get at!

Charlotte61903 said:
This is very helpful, thank you.

Living under a Xian household is far beyond just a little stifling. I was wondering if I could create a working in which independence is encouraged.

If the visualization/focus is what ultimately determines the outcome of the working, could I visualize living on my own as an independent adult and manifest it into a reality?

They see me as a tool, not even letting me get a job or drive because that would cut into my 'babysitting' and I'm just tired of being dependent on them. It's demeaning, especially for someone of my age.

It is illegal to prevent an adult from gaining employment to provide for themself. Tell them this, seek legal advice if needed. There is no problem with you getting a job.

Thanks you for the article. It’s kind of crazy, almost every time I have an issue, an article like this show up to explain things.

Intention really is the defining feature in all spiritual work. This was a very insightful post.

I found it interesting that scientists analyzed 'holy' water where thousands of people would pray to regular tap water to purify it, having faith that it would become pure.

The frozen water placed under a microscope displayed symmetrical hexagonal geometric patterns and the regular tap water had cloudy and chaotic patterns.

This causes me to wonder, why is it that the Abrahamic religions all pray over their food? This practice is seen also in more ancient traditions like Buddhism which suggests to me this was stolen.

I think in terms of those seeking to improve mindfulness and health that this is a valuable tool to have in their arsenal (i.e. quickly and non-verbally giving positive affirmations to sustenances).

People these days often eat while watching TV, driving, etc and don't thoroughly chew their food. Very young children naturally chew their food for longer periods of time than most adults.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic ramble. :)

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Mantras are powerful tools in the arsenal of any magick practitioner to attain your ends...

HP, is it okay to use musical rhythm during affirmations?

I tend to lightly beat my chest in a constant "beat" while I rhythmically chant affirmations. I find this helps me get into a "loop" where I'm saying the words in a consistent refrain while I close my eyes and imagine away. I find this helps me anyway a lot more than without it. It kinds of feels "shamanistic" if that makes sense, in a trance kind of way.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, HP.

Charlotte61903 said:
Living under a Xian household is far beyond just a little stifling. I was wondering if I could create a working in which independence is encouraged. .

I have struggled with this challenge as well, living in the belt of sheep makes being targeted more stressful. At 5yrs or 6yrs when my family first tried taking me to their murman house of worthless, my reaction was all it took to recommend I be prayed for. My mother usually never fails in this, even now without her attending soul blending sunday. Asking people to pray for me or repeating the same senseless excuses.
If I'm not mistaken you can carve Runes into objects to form an Effigy or Conduit. Set by doors, windows perhaps paired with other Runes. I'm sure direction and position can't be overlooked. Only difference is I want to infuse independence into my environment. So as I become more independent, the infused spaces scale with me genuinely.
Hail! Father Satan
Behold! Sister Inanna
Enquire! Elder Azazel
Ponder! Brother Beelzebub

So I use Vissudhi, Raum, Sowilo one after all for 15 minutes to clean my aura, i chant one, then the other, then the other and go back to the first and so on.

The point is, should I focus on visualizing light in my aura while chanting all of them? Or should I let visualization for the affirmation moment ( i affirm "the enrgies of Vissudhi, Raum, Sowilo are complety cleaning my aura, my soul and chackras completely in a positive and healthy way for me) (I affirm when i do 3 pairs) same question on the chakras (vissudhi, raum, varuna)

Gear88 said:
One very valuable and beautiful answer,please click on the arrow next to(alongside) the Name(Gear88)!
I'm just putting this here,if who haven't seen it, be sure to check out this answer!https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=402057#p402057

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
-High Priest Hooded Cobra 666
I am glad you are finally doing a piece(write) on the mantras.I haven't really seen you writing about mantras before(or I just wasn't informed, I might have missed it).

Relatively short,but valuable writing.That's why it's so good.

When using a word of power, what has personally worked for me in amplifying the strength of the energy output and results, is to fully recall the desire and intent I possessed to initially decide to start the working to begin with.
Desire precedes action, and as such, remembering why we desire something, reanimates the will we possess to enact such efforts.

Before you start vibrating a word of power, stay still, focus and ponder on the appropriate emotion, will and drive pertaining to achieving what you have chosen to form the working for. Consciously feel the desire for what you want, and what you are working to obtain.
This is also when visualization is vital, as one essentially directs and envisions one's desires (it can often boost one's will even further through the act of "simulating" the sensations of already possessing what one wishes to obtain).

Pure, raw desire can sometimes even precede technique and accuracy. Though, optimally, one must strive to properly focus and channel it with consciousness and control.

There is a point of caution to heed regarding the aforementioned; a stark difference between conscious desire, and blind desire.

To distinguish between the former and the latter, one can consider contemplating the following.
[*] Why, precisely, do I desire that which I have chosen to expend valuable energy into?
[*] Will performing this working (or action) be to the benefit of my own growth, and potentially that of others in my direct environment in either the present, or the future?
[*] How important is it, truly, for me to obtain that which I desire?

Depending on one's extent of consciousness, insight, reflection and understanding, one's desires and what they wish for, could potentially originate from flawed prioritization upon frivolous or superficial matters to begin with.
Through this mistake, one would be pursuing results not particularly constructive to their advancement, nor to that of the people or world around them.

Boko99 said:
Thanks you for the article. It’s kind of crazy, almost every time I have an issue, an article like this show up to explain things.

Same here, Brother. I've been seeing this happening since I joined this Forum two years ago, the moment I had a question or something holding me back, someone (most of the time a HP) would post the answer I was waiting for. Some have hypothesized this is one way of the Gods to maximize how we help each other. 😉

Carvier666 said:
So I use Vissudhi, Raum, Sowilo one after all for 15 minutes to clean my aura, i chant one, then the other, then the other and go back to the first and so on.

The point is, should I focus on visualizing light in my aura while chanting all of them? Or should I let visualization for the affirmation moment ( i affirm "the enrgies of Vissudhi, Raum, Sowilo are complety cleaning my aura, my soul and chackras completely in a positive and healthy way for me) (I affirm when i do 3 pairs) same question on the chakras (vissudhi, raum, varuna)

I’m just curious why you would chant Vissudhi, and Raum, instead of Haum, the mantra for the throat chakra. Is there something to it?

Carvier666 said:

I’m just curious why you would chant Vissudhi, and Raum, instead of Haum, the mantra for the throat chakra. Is there something to it?

Boko99 said:

It happens to me too. I wonder what the rational explanation for this phenomenon is.

OhNoItsMook said:
When using a word of power, what has personally worked for me in amplifying the strength of the energy output and results, is to fully recall the desire and intent I possessed to initially decide to start the working to begin with.
Desire precedes action, and as such, remembering why we desire something, reanimates the will we possess to enact such efforts.

Before you start vibrating a word of power, stay still, focus and ponder on the appropriate emotion, will and drive pertaining to achieving what you have chosen to form the working for. Consciously feel the desire for what you want, and what you are working to obtain.
This is also when visualization is vital, as one essentially directs and envisions one's desires (it can often boost one's will even further through the act of "simulating" the sensations of already possessing what one wishes to obtain).

Pure, raw desire can sometimes even precede technique and accuracy. Though, optimally, one must strive to properly focus and channel it with consciousness and control.

There is a point of caution to heed regarding the aforementioned; a stark difference between conscious desire, and blind desire.

To distinguish between the former and the latter, one can consider contemplating the following.
[*] Why, precisely, do I desire that which I have chosen to expend valuable energy into?
[*] Will performing this working (or action) be to the benefit of my own growth, and potentially that of others in my direct environment in either the present, or the future?
[*] How important is it, truly, for me to obtain that which I desire?

Depending on one's extent of consciousness, insight, reflection and understanding, one's desires and what they wish for, could potentially originate from flawed prioritization upon frivolous or superficial matters to begin with.
Through this mistake, one would be pursuing results not particularly constructive to their advancement, nor to that of the people or world around them.

Hey Mook, I forgot to reply to your last email as I was busy for a week cleaning up a mess of my own dumbfuckery :oops:. I sent you a reply and some info :3. Sorry about that!

Great tips, High Priest. Thank you as always.

I have a question if you will. You once said not long ago that Rune magick is "mid-tier at best" - not your exact words but more or less exactly what you meant:

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Melvin said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
1. The Runes are medium level magick at best. They are not higher or top tier magick. With how I put them in Rituals, I upgrade them, yet the Rituals are powerful because of the Gods.

On what level would you rank the 50 names of Marduk and other things in the Necronomicon ? I saw many people who thought it was more powerful than the runes.

The Runes have many secrets and applications but these require another understanding of them. I would place the Necronomicon on the very high scale, provided one knows what they are doing, as this is a very complex manuscript too. On a level of very high knowledge of it, it is very potent.

You praise the Necronomicon to be much higher.

Is this talk of "tiers" and "scale" about the sheer efficiency or your bang for your buck so to speak? Because while I and many of us love the Runes, many (myself included) would love to switch over to a definitively "higher" system if it yields higher returns. I have some experience with the 50 names the other Sibling in Satan mentions but not enough to compare with the Runes.

Though, Sanskrit mantras have always worked splendidly for me too - including planetary mantras and the mantras like the one on the page for Money Meditation. What "level" would you place those?

I'm a little short on time, so I'm sorry if this comes out jumbled. Thank you and good day.

OuroborphicMystery said:
Great tips, High Priest. Thank you as always.

I have a question if you will. You once said not long ago that Rune magick is "mid-tier at best" - not your exact words but more or less exactly what you meant:

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Melvin said:
On what level would you rank the 50 names of Marduk and other things in the Necronomicon ? I saw many people who thought it was more powerful than the runes.

The Runes have many secrets and applications but these require another understanding of them. I would place the Necronomicon on the very high scale, provided one knows what they are doing, as this is a very complex manuscript too. On a level of very high knowledge of it, it is very potent.

You praise the Necronomicon to be much higher.

Is this talk of "tiers" and "scale" about the sheer efficiency or your bang for your buck so to speak? Because while I and many of us love the Runes, many (myself included) would love to switch over to a definitively "higher" system if it yields higher returns. I have some experience with the 50 names the other Sibling in Satan mentions but not enough to compare with the Runes.

Though, Sanskrit mantras have always worked splendidly for me too - including planetary mantras and the mantras like the one on the page for Money Meditation. What "level" would you place those?

I'm a little short on time, so I'm sorry if this comes out jumbled. Thank you and good day.

It's not a matter of levels or tiers or something. Even if yes that can exist though it makes more sense for a being of higher power at a lower level of development.

Thing is Sanskirt might be powerful but what if it's not doing it. You could bleed off all the energy working on something. And then for some reason the Necronomicon become more powerful. Or you do some Runic work and it produces something.

Times, astrological, development, shifts in reality; various things changes a language. For example for a long time things are inconsistent. You might develop a spiritual power but it fades out even with training. Try the same thing after empowering the soul going though potential Kundalini or outright risen. And the power returns there's extra practice.

The thing about our civilization currently is except negativity from astrological shifts, enemy, enemy magick, and other things. There is variations some things work, others don't, one day this works, the next it shifts. There is too much variables. There is no consistency; for an advanced being of higher power Runes/Glyphs/Alphabets/Symbols work at a much higher degree of consistency.

You might do a 40 day spell for money make 1,000 dollars extra every 7 months. You try again and only get another 100 but if you did some Necronomicon you might have gotten 300 on top. For a being of higher power they probably perform a few vibrations, program affirm, and visualize and if they lived on Earth they'd probably end up receiving a solid 30,000 dollars within 8 hours. As an example I have no idea how magick works in advanced Worlds or Beings of higher power.

Sheer fact is for us Humans currently we are variable. There is no solid spearhead into spirituality. Someone might do Yoga and buzz up like crazy. Another does a few mantras of Runic Wunjo and they feel energetic patterns. Someone does Yoga and it's just a physical exercise they might feel some muscles, twitches, or heat from thermal body emanations. And they might state why do they state an energy buzz whatever corpse pose lets ignore it.

Humanity has no mass consistency that goes, these numbers of people of the population perform Yogic activity Asana/Pranayama and blast out a strong surge of energy from their soul and they feel it and they produce a magickal ritual to eliminate crime from their city.

Again it's more like Humanity is so down. That mentally people want to develop spiritually and have stuff but don't want to do it or put the effort. Too many people living on cloud 9, head in the clouds mentality. Not enough lead|grounded|centered people. Reality wise unless we develop a mass spiritual acclimation. These variables will exist in a mass scale but also at the personal level.

In reality it's both personal and civilization wise. If civilization isn't improving spiritually even the most spiritual person or people aspiring to that will have despondent thoughts. But at the same time the existence of magick and spirituality as a one-shot working isn't yet achievable for MANY. There might be a lucky person that pumps 100 Fehu Green with Shimmering gold and has 200 dollars extra within the week. They continue with 40 or 90 day and engrave it into their soul and discover it's now 345 a month extra. Maybe a few years pass and it's 2,300 every three months.

But there could be a person that does the same and gets 10 dollars. Perhaps if they tried Sanskrit Laskshmi sentence mantra they'd discover financial securities advice and discover investing just 100 dollars holds an investment for 6 months to a year and they cash out for 2,700 dollars.

So again it's both personal and shifting of reality. Consistency is probably when you've advanced and there IS consistency everything just works.

AveSatanas4181 said:
Carvier666 said:

The above quote was mine, in error. I can see why he'd chant Vissudhi and Raum and Sowilo. He had specifically said it was to clean his aura. He wasn't focusing on just one chakra. I get it. Sorry. I'm new.

All this is good ,but how do you upgrade your workings Mr cobra.HAIL SATAN.

Hello, there!

Maybe someone can answery questions here regarding mantras?

First of all, is it a mantra when I state "all the jewish influences over the world are definitely and irrevocably destroyed" or the above mentioned is just an affirmation?

I heard your website has info on runes. Are there mantras for runes?

And lastly, can mantras be used in what I heard you have as planetary squares or something like this?

I am new and confused a little, so I need to find more information :)

Hail Satan

Norse 88 said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Mantras are powerful tools in the arsenal of any magick practitioner to attain your ends...

I tend to lightly beat my chest in a constant "beat" while I rhythmically chant affirmations. I find this helps me get into a "loop" where I'm saying the words in a consistent refrain while I close my eyes and imagine away. I find this helps me anyway a lot more than without it. It kinds of feels "shamanistic" if that makes sense, in a trance kind of way.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, HP.

Yes, actually, that is not a bad thing to do at all. Rythym is a whole other aspect in magick.

The situation is I have to make a lot of input and updates in JoS content. But what you do here habitually is actually a thing that is an actual practice that for some people can focus the mind.

AveSatanas4181 said:

Why would I use mantras for throat chakra? When performing a cleaning session I use Vissudhi (related somehow to cleansing and the sun) and Raum (seed of the sun, Ra is the god of the sun) Those are good for Cleaning.

I don't know if I misunderstood your question :roll:

Norse 88 said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, HP.

You can also use a sound or light metronome if you find this useful.

Thanks a lot!! I've kind of did aura of protection with many vibrations in the morning but at night i'm doing half the number of vibrations than in the morning and when doing the night AOP my focus and concentration is much better. So, yeah i agree that less vibration is better if it is not too little.

Carvier666 said:
AveSatanas4181 said:

Why would I use mantras for throat chakra? When performing a cleaning session I use Vissudhi (related somehow to cleansing and the sun) and Raum (seed of the sun, Ra is the god of the sun) Those are good for Cleaning.

Oh I was confused because I thought Vissudhi was the throat chakra. Nevermind

AveSatanas4181 said:
Carvier666 said:
AveSatanas4181 said:

Oh I was confused because I thought Vissudhi was the throat chakra. Nevermind
Visuddhi is a cleaning mantra and works well on the throat chakra, as all chakras.

BlueLake666 said:
Hello, there!

First of all, is it a mantra when I state "all the jewish influences over the world are definitely and irrevocably destroyed" or the above mentioned is just an affirmation?

And lastly, can mantras be used in what I heard you have as planetary squares or something like this?

Hail Satan

Mantras are the words of power. Its the words we vibrate to generate a certain type of energy. The runes are also a type of mantra as its words of power.

For the planetary squares, the mantras you can use are on the same page the information for the squares are on in the JOS main site.

Zeffie of the Wind said:
BlueLake666 said:
Hello, there!

Hail Satan

Mantras are the words of power. Its the words we vibrate to generate a certain type of energy. The runes are also a type of mantra as its words of power.

For the planetary squares, the mantras you can use are on the same page the information for the squares are on in the JOS main site.
Affirmations can be mantras as well in certain cases.

Henu the Great said:
Zeffie of the Wind said:
BlueLake666 said:
Hello, there!

Hail Satan

Affirmations can be mantras as well in certain cases.

Interesting :!: :)

HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Norse 88 said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, HP.

Yes, actually, that is not a bad thing to do at all. Rythym is a whole other aspect in magick.

The situation is I have to make a lot of input and updates in JoS content. But what you do here habitually is actually a thing that is an actual practice that for some people can focus the mind.

Great. Thanks, HP. I had a strong feeling internally that it was the right thing to do. But my mind was a little "second-guessing" from time to time, so it's great to have your input. I'll go full steam ahead with my habitual rhythms from now on.

Thank you.

HAIL SATAN

Astralnaut said:
Norse 88 said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, HP.

You can also use a sound or light metronome if you find this useful.

I hadn't thought of that. That's not a bad idea! Thanks Astralnaut.

I was thinking about something related to this, and would like opinions, please;

Do you believe it is possible for someone who is chanting blind, basically when someone chants a word of power or a mantra without knowing it's true properties or meaning, would this still have the effect of the word given enough time and repetition?

Personally I would think the effects would be very minor, but even someone totally clueless could perhaps benefit from chanting a word of power repeatedly, even if they know not what it entails or what it brings.

Dahaarkan said:
I was thinking about something related to this, and would like opinions, please;

Do you believe it is possible for someone who is chanting blind, basically when someone chants a word of power or a mantra without knowing it's true properties or meaning, would this still have the effect of the word given enough time and repetition?

Personally I would think the effects would be very minor, but even someone totally clueless could perhaps benefit from chanting a word of power repeatedly, even if they know not what it entails or what it brings.
The word of power matter in a spell but what is more important is your intention. If you are vibrating a word of power like Surya for example and you don't know that is the word of power for the Sun and you just vibrate it without any affirmation and intention then it's going to manifest in many weird ways or not manifest at all. It could even empower negative karma.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back