Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

hatha vs kundalini yoga

The Phantom Stranger said:
Hey guys what's the difference between hatha and kundalini yoga

As far as my knowledge goes, Hatha helps with the energy flow.
And Kundalini stimulates the serpent to rise and empower the soul.

Kundalini creates heat, and makes you hot, in Sanskrit it is called tapas, when you create a lot of concentrated focus, stimulation, heat tension, or even stillness. These tapas transforms energy.
So it is best to do in morning as it gives high energy, mostly in kundalini yoga you will find breath of fire incorporated, and fast repetitive movements which are done in big numbers like 108. And yes it stimulates kundalini.

Hatha yoga is slow, breathing is not too fast, it is best to do in evening because it calms you, gives peace of mind, refreshes, for me it cures literally everything what I accumulated trough out the day. You go slowly while stilling your mind, watching breath, toughts, if you are advanced also observing energy, keeping body in one posture comfortably, I think you get what I am saying. It relaxes, and at the same time trains your mind, body, spirit.

This is most obvious differences I am able now to tell you.

The Phantom Stranger said:
Hey guys what's the difference between hatha and kundalini yoga

Hatha Yoga consists mostly of static poses/asanas that you hold for a specific amount of time.

Kundalini Yoga exercises/kriyas are dynamic body movements with breath sync, mudras, bandhas, mantras and even meditation. They combine many aspects of the 8 fold path together instead of only asanas.

Nameless one said it right. Also, Hatha Yoga and Kundalini Yoga are both simply Yoga. There was no pervious distinction between the 2 until recently, it's all "Kundalini Yoga". Hatha or Sun and Moon yoga is Yin based, while Kundalini Yoga is Yang based, imo. Through the rapid manipulation of the spine and breathe it stimulates the nadis, chakras, and serpent. However, in Hatha the poses are symbolic of Universal energies which we tap into while holding them.

You should be doing both daily.

Meditation, pranayama, mantras, mudras and locks can be combined (and in some cases performing a pose correctly requires certain locks being applied) with static poses as well, making the whole process more potent.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back