Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Dedication items

DarkWolf

On the JoS site where it lists items you need for dedication, it says black, blue, or red candles. Is there a specific type I should use? Can I use scented if that is all I have on hand? Also for dry pen, does it need to be a dried-out pen or can I use a mechanical pencil without lead? Sorry if these questions are stupid or if it says on a different page.

DarkWolf said:
On the JoS site where it lists items you need for dedication, it says black, blue, or red candles. Is there a specific type I should use? Can I use scented if that is all I have on hand? Also for dry pen, does it need to be a dried-out pen or can I use a mechanical pencil without lead? Sorry if these questions are stupid or if it says on a different page.

Scented candle is still candle, so yes, you can use it. About dry pen, it doesn't have to be only dry pen. You can use everything you can write with. I personally used the needle that I previously used to prick my finger. Also, never say sorry if you have questions, but you're right, it's better to find answers (if there are any, because sometimes there aren't) on this forum, JoS website or in one of priesthood's sermons first.

DarkWolf said:
Black is best in my personal opinion but any of those colors will do, scented is fine. A dry pen is also fine to use or a fountain pen (something you can write on with).
Follow the instructions given on JOS dedication page and be sure to read them over to ensure you are read up and read the FAQ at the bottom, they answer some good questions.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back