Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Do you advise me to abandon Facebook and Instagram?

apolo.souza

I'm very concerned about my privacy lately. Facebook and Instagram are Jewish. Furthermore, I was once obliged to give my full name and address and I regret having done so. In addition to being Jewish social networks, they ban people for silly reasons and when they really need to censor something they don't. The problem is that if I leave these social networks I will be disconnected from the rest of the world, but I think it's worth it for my privacy, because as I said, these are Jewish social networks. What would you advise?

Many people here don't use social media. This whole "But I'll be disconnected from the world" argument is very common, but do we really need to be so connected to everything/everyone? And when people are "connected" through social media, the fact is, those people often neglect and are disconnected from reality and those in their real personal lives.

You might want to read the book (available for free on pdfdrive.com) Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport. He talks about the same concept in his other books (Deep Work was his first), it makes it all so clear.

You'll not miss out anything, just read the news here and there and you will be updated. Facebook and instagram are mind a destroying cancer.

apolo.souza said:
The problem is that if I leave these social networks I will be disconnected from the rest of the world
LoL.

You know there is life outside of these sites too.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back