Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Can I just stick with Holotropic breathing

So I've looked up and tried some of the meditations on the power meditations page

However all they do is make my chest feel weird and make me feel more stressed and "cranky"(like the alternate nose breathing)

When I do Holotropic Breathwork however (which I discovered on YouTube), my brain feels calm, relaxed and I actually have quite vivid dreams

So maybe I'll do this for a while?

The Phantom Stranger said:
So I've looked up and tried some of the meditations on the power meditations page

However all they do is make my chest feel weird and make me feel more stressed and "cranky"(like the alternate nose breathing)

When I do Holotropic Breathwork however (which I discovered on YouTube), my brain feels calm, relaxed and I actually have quite vivid dreams

I do not know what Holotropic breathing is, but I do know that what JoS has to offer is presented by the best in the field of Spirituality and provided by the Gods.

These practices are very effective and raise your level of bioelectricity easily. You might want to do as little as 1-3 rounds of alternate nose breathing as a beginner. Because some people lack the endurance and past life expierence, they will get blown away by small amounts, like your expierence shows. Take is slow, and build it up gradually.

You might not even want to do that at all yet. You might want to get started with foundation meditation alone, and do that for a month or two to get used to it. As with everything, it takes time to get used to new levels. Some adapt faster, others slower. It's just how these things are with us.

For actual advancement, stick with JoS provided methods.

And a side word about breathing. Regardless of pranyama, you want to be as consious of your breathing as possible. In other words, be aware of your breathing. That alone will make you relaxed.

Stay safe and good luck.

I didn't know what "holotropic breathwork" is so I looked it up and it appears to have been invented as a replacement for LSD therapy when it was made illegal. Since I'm a guy who notices and connects things together, and I remember in your first post you made you asked about DMT and other psychoactive drugs, this makes me think you may have the wrong idea and power meditation.

Power meditation isn't about having an instant extraordinary experience/altered state. If your purpose is only that, you need to aim higher. Power meditation is a more long term thing, it's about empowering your soul and training your mind. It's spiritual weightlifting/strength training where you train your soul to handle greater amounts of energy, to protect itself as well as master your mind and direct it using a laser like focus. It's about self-empowerment and self-mastery. If you do power meditation, you may notice nothing at first but after some time you will have transformed your soul.

Like everything else in life, things that bring a quick feeling are usually bad in the long-term, that's why I'm not trusting this "holotropic breathwork" thing. Aim for long-term and spiritual self-mastery instead of just an "altered state".

So no, it's better stick with power meditation.

That kind of state of being cannot be entered in by this breath, yet this kind of breath is a consequence of this state of being.

Rational Satanist said:

I didn't know what "holotropic breathwork" is so I looked it up and it appears to have been invented as a replacement for LSD therapy when it was made illegal. Since I'm a guy who notices and connects things together, and I remember in your first post you made you asked about DMT and other psychoactive drugs, this makes me think you may have the wrong idea and power meditation.

Power meditation isn't about having an instant extraordinary experience/altered state. If your purpose is only that, you need to aim higher. Power meditation is a more long term thing, it's about empowering your soul and training your mind. It's spiritual weightlifting/strength training where you train your soul to handle greater amounts of energy, to protect itself as well as master your mind and direct it using a laser like focus. It's about self-empowerment and self-mastery. If you do power meditation, you may notice nothing at first but after some time you will have transformed your soul.

Like everything else in life, things that bring a quick feeling are usually bad in the long-term, that's why I'm not trusting this "holotropic breathwork" thing. Aim for long-term and spiritual self-mastery instead of just an "altered state".

So no, it's better stick with power meditation.

Well I'm only doing Alternate Nose breathing for now.
But I seem to get pissed off during the rest of the day, as in "cranky"
Hopefully it goes away with time.

If they make your chest feel weird then you're probably pushing too much. When you hold the breath after the inhale you can do as little as 2 seconds, maybe even 1 second and never contract any part of your body at all. Be completely relaxed and do very few repetitions and very short breath hold (if any). Slowly work your way up.

As for being cranky, the yogic breathing raises bioelectricity which can feed negative emotions if you don't have control on your emotions. Or the increased bioelectricity is actually feeding a negative thoughtform attached to you or some other negativity attached to you.

If you're not doing so already, then I would recommend void meditation + aura cleaning + building aura of protection DAILY. For a basic working of these it'll not take you long at all. Also you can do these at different times of the day if you don't want to do in one sitting. Also, I hope you've already looked at the 40 day power meditation plan??

स त न म said:

If they make your chest feel weird then you're probably pushing too much. When you hold the breath after the inhale you can do as little as 2 seconds, maybe even 1 second and never contract any part of your body at all. Be completely relaxed and do very few repetitions and very short breath hold (if any). Slowly work your way up.

As for being cranky, the yogic breathing raises bioelectricity which can feed negative emotions if you don't have control on your emotions. Or the increased bioelectricity is actually feeding a negative thoughtform attached to you or some other negativity attached to you.

If you're not doing so already, then I would recommend void meditation + aura cleaning + building aura of protection DAILY. For a basic working of these it'll not take you long at all. Also you can do these at different times of the day if you don't want to do in one sitting. Also, I hope you've already looked at the 40 day power meditation plan??

I'm doing 40 days

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back