Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Meditation with eyes opened

Russ

Most of the times I'm doing aura cleaning and aura of protection with opened eyes or sometimes when I'm walking or after eating (any activities that doesn't require thinking)

I think it still works, i still can feel my chakras when I'm cleaning it even with my eyes are opened and i still can visualize. I also feel more comfortable doing it with my eyes opened than closed.

But will it still work effectively? Does doing meditations with eyes closed is more effective than doing it whit eyes opened?

Both are valid ways of doing meditations. Do what best suits you, and you find effective.

Everyone is different. If there are things you can addapt to your own self, then why hesitate to do it? Why, if you know something works for you, you'd ask if it is more effective if you do something else? And why, if you know it is something that would not do you harm to experiment, would choose to ask instead of experiment?
If it is something on a nature that can harm you if you do it another way, then it is normal to ask just so you're sure. But this eyes opened/closed thing, or, for example, "the best" sitting position while meditating, shouldn't be that much of a worry, see what best suits you.

Russ said:
Most of the times I'm doing aura cleaning and aura of protection with opened eyes or sometimes when I'm walking or after eating (any activities that doesn't require thinking)

I think it still works, i still can feel my chakras when I'm cleaning it even with my eyes are opened and i still can visualize. I also feel more comfortable doing it with my eyes opened than closed.

But will it still work effectively? Does doing meditations with eyes closed is more effective than doing it whit eyes opened?

Doing meditation with eyes closed is more effective. When you meditate with eyes open you divide your atention in to two or more and so the energy of the mind is divided in two and the energy you use to clean your chakras for example will be weaker but i think if someone advances enough in void meditation then even if with the eyes open the divided atention will be more on the part of the cleaning. This knowlege i have because i know the saying "where the mind goes energy flows"

Catalincata94 said:
Russ said:

Doing meditation with eyes closed is more effective. When you meditate with eyes open you divide your atention in to two or more and so the energy of the mind is divided in two and the energy you use to clean your chakras for example will be weaker but i think if someone advances enough in void meditation then even if with the eyes open the divided atention will be more on the part of the cleaning. This knowlege i have because i know the saying "where the mind goes energy flows"

There was a time, where I could focus on my 6th chakra better when my eyes where opened. I also felt it stronger. So I think this is individual.

NinRick said:
Catalincata94 said:
Russ said:

There was a time, where I could focus on my 6th chakra better when my eyes where opened. I also felt it stronger. So I think this is individual.
Alright thanks for that :)

NinRick said:
Catalincata94 said:
Russ said:

This is definitely individual, and everyone should do as it best suits them. There are no rules about this, or about other similiar matters. Experiment for youself and do how you like.

The deeper the trance, the strongest the effects of meditation and witchcraft. Trance while doing a physical activity is a very advanced ability which I suppose needs the kundalini risen or analogous levels of development. You should do it when you are still. For cleaning your aura, there are asanas to do that if you want to do it while moving. By virtue of those Qigong movements, you can clean your aura. Not by simply walking and half-assing JoS meditations.

I used to everything with my eyes open and I did it for several years. The thing is that the depth of the trance when your eyes are open is not the same, but it's less deep even if your body is still. Does it work? Surely it does. However, experience shows it is less powerful and thus less effective. In my case, doing everything with eyes open means operating at 10%.

Void meditation is a very basic meditation and the foundation of all meditations. All meditation is in fact a variation of void meditation, with the focus as the object of the meditation. The stronger the focus, the stronger the effects. Same for witchcraft.

Comfort is not a factor here. Or, to say it better, it is normal for some people (like me earlier on) to feel uncomfortable with their eyes closed. In my case, it was fear of sensory deprivation and in general "restriction". So, discomfort/anxiety would build up but I was well-advised, when I got an astrology reading several years ago and asked for clarification, to push past that feeling. When you push past that feeling, you'll experience all the power and intensity you've been missing on.

Ultimately, it is about you and your goals. What are you trying to achieve with meditation? Not everyone here is working directly for kundalini ascension and the Magnum Opus. Some are working for more efficient spiritual warfare first and foremost, others want specific siddhis. You have to decide what your goals are. The more serious and advanced the goals, the more important is to make your priorities and focus properly. Those who have more light-hearted goals and are just experimenting, and those who belong to the iron and bronze classes of society, can afford to have less focus and to operate at a lower level of power.

To recap and answer your questions more directly:
Will it still work effectively? Yes, it will.
Is doing meditations with eyes closed more effective than doing it whit eyes opened? Yes, it is in all cases.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back