Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

why is spiritual awakening so painful?

aanya666

I'm doing the 40 meditation program and I reached Satan time ago.
I suffer from anxiety and depression and thought it could help, and it kinda did, but I feel so bad.
Not because of Satan or Meditation of course, but I'm starting to open my eyes, I'm discovering all these new things that I had no idea of and it's just... uncomfortable.
I was so excited about learning and studying but I feel like it's just too much for me.
Why does it hurts so much? Has anyone experienced the same thing at the beginning of their journey?

aanya666 said:

I am sure everyone has felt some degree of discomfort related to their spiritual advancement. You just have to keep pushing. Of course, as you assimilate everything, it all gets easier to think. Some pain can still be experienced when dealing normies, however.

If you are feeling that the amount of concepts/items to manage is getting overwhelming, just know that all these things still exist whether or not you manage them. Astrology, astral entities or energy, your soul, etc, all these things still interact with the world whether or not you are tending to them appropriately.

The average person gets knocked around by all these "unseen" forces and has no clue wtf is going on. While it does take more responsibility and willpower to properly manage everything, it will work out to your benefit in the long term.

At the same time, don't push your limits too far. If you feel your discomfort whilst reading the JOS homepage, for example, then take a break for a few days. Focus on non-spiritual matters for a bit and relax.

Take a deep breath and go by degrees. You do not need to know everything at once. Little by little, get used to it.

As for your feelings of anxiety, working on your middle chakra (Anahata) dissipates them as it give you the resilience to cope and manage inputs from different directions and apply your mind to them efficiently, so they can be sorted without overwhelming you.

It's overwhelming. There's a lot of new information to process, and a lot of ways to realize where one could get lost or distracted. As others have already mentioned, take it in small steps. We'll still be around to give you some support. Some of the things written are indeed uncomfortable, but you won't be lambasted for asking "this confuses me, could someone point me in the right direction?"

Just be aware that some subjects might be a bit more difficult to properly approach, both in wording and what parts one focuses on, but a genuine want to learn is something that should be cultivated, and any who suppress such here only serve to mislead and stifle themselves.

We are here to help. Not mock and degrade. This isn't some competitive video-game community. We actually give half a shit about others, not just asserting dominance to satisfy a frail ego based solely on skill in a virtual pastime.

I also suffered from anxiety and got rid of it by doing a working with SaTaNaMa mantra, if you want to do it too, ask and i will post it here about how exactly to do it. I know very well how terrible anxiety can be.

Tyliron said:
It's overwhelming. There's a lot of new information to process, and a lot of ways to realize where one could get lost or distracted. As others have already mentioned, take it in small steps. We'll still be around to give you some support. Some of the things written are indeed uncomfortable, but you won't be lambasted for asking "this confuses me, could someone point me in the right direction?"

Just be aware that some subjects might be a bit more difficult to properly approach, both in wording and what parts one focuses on, but a genuine want to learn is something that should be cultivated, and any who suppress such here only serve to mislead and stifle themselves.

We are here to help. Not mock and degrade. This isn't some competitive video-game community. We actually give half a shit about others, not just asserting dominance to satisfy a frail ego based solely on skill in a virtual pastime.

Chill out. You seem distressed. Nobody in this topic has attacked the OP yet.

Stormblood said:
Chill out. You seem distressed. Nobody in this topic has attacked the OP yet.

I'm quite alright. Part of the "joys" of text communication, a lot of tone is lost, which can give the wrong impression.

Regardless, I wished to emphasize the ending due to Aanya's mentioned anxiety. I've had such anxieties before, although not in these forums. There's that lingering panic in the back of one's head that no matter what someone says or how one phrases it, it'll end up being wrong. Sucks to have that worry. :?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back