Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I think im screwing myself over.

Big Dipper

HI. So my philosophy is if I don't know how to do something, then I shouldn't do it (this is all career wise). I think that if I want to do something, but I don't know how to do it and it doesn't come naturally, then I need to do something else (like drawing). For instance I have no idea what I want to do career wise, so I look to astrology, which I don't know all the basics too, and what it points out is actually not what im good at. I really want to write a good book, but Im not ever going to go to school to "learn" how to since I believe that you can either write a book or not and school for it would be stupid. I would really like to draw out my imaginations, but if it doesn't come naturally, then I can't do it and I wont try. Going to school to pick up a talent is stupid to me; It's different if you need to go to get a paper that says you know how to do something just to get a job. So basically in my head goes: " I want to draw" "Can I do it?" "No" "Then you weren't meant to". Operating a machine doesn't sound like talent, it sounds more like a "skill". "oh you wanna work as a construction crane worker? Ok, but you need to be taught on what these buttons and levers do" - aside from being able to tell perfect distance, none of that sounds like talent.

Well, duh. If you want to draw and write, then learn to do it! Don't limit yourself by saying "no". Instead, say "yes"!

Lol learn how to read your chart properly it is all on the JoS.

I looked up my career with the JoS astrology material, and it is spot on. It really describes my career perfectly (did more things)

Big Dipper said:

You should look at what you like instead, because usually when someone really like something, then they become skilled as they continue to do it. Use this as the main determinant for what you should pursue, and from that you then filter out what is most feasible through your other criteria. As far as astrology goes, look at the 2nd house, 6th house, 10th house, then look at major placements or elements. This is something that the more you read about, the clearer it gets.

The same thing applies to stuff like gender where it is not that a women cannot do car mechanic work, it is just that most of them aren't really interested. Because they are not interested, their focus won't hold as well, and they never go out of their way to practice or learn. On the flip side, someone who really likes something will be able to do it longer without burning out.

In your case, if you do not have the time or means to learn something beforehand, then perhaps you will have to relegate your desires into hobbies while you pursue something more viable for money. However, if you plan on going to school for something, then you shouldn't worry about what you do or don't know already. There are also online courses you can take to develop smaller skills, such as writing, without entering a full 4-year degree.

Lastly, don't get too upset, because eventually we will all be able to do what we want, once the enemy is finished. Also, I shouldn't have to list out all the reasons why becoming more spiritually advanced would help your career. Even 2 or 3 years spent advancing while doing something less optimal will translate into you becoming exponentially better at what your final career would be, as opposed to training for that position now while not advancing at all. Even just 3 years of void meditation will make life way easier, let alone any other meditations.

Blitzkreig said:
Big Dipper said:

You should look at what you like instead, because usually when someone really like something, then they become skilled as they continue to do it. Use this as the main determinant for what you should pursue, and from that you then filter out what is most feasible through your other criteria. As far as astrology goes, look at the 2nd house, 6th house, 10th house, then look at major placements or elements. This is something that the more you read about, the clearer it gets.

The same thing applies to stuff like gender where it is not that a women cannot do car mechanic work, it is just that most of them aren't really interested. Because they are not interested, their focus won't hold as well, and they never go out of their way to practice or learn. On the flip side, someone who really likes something will be able to do it longer without burning out.

In your case, if you do not have the time or means to learn something beforehand, then perhaps you will have to relegate your desires into hobbies while you pursue something more viable for money. However, if you plan on going to school for something, then you shouldn't worry about what you do or don't know already. There are also online courses you can take to develop smaller skills, such as writing, without entering a full 4-year degree.

Lastly, don't get too upset, because eventually we will all be able to do what we want, once the enemy is finished. Also, I shouldn't have to list out all the reasons why becoming more spiritually advanced would help your career. Even 2 or 3 years spent advancing while doing something less optimal will translate into you becoming exponentially better at what your final career would be, as opposed to training for that position now while not advancing at all. Even just 3 years of void meditation will make life way easier, let alone any other meditations.
My chart's emphasis is what I've been doing for a year now and a certain moon aspect (mixed in with a bit of saturn, maybe) has had emphasis in my jobs and especially my mars aspect. My mars aspect is so strong it put me on a road of self destruction and I finally after 18 years kicked a bad habit and wont it come back unless I dip my toe back in the pond of gaming. The other thing is a certain aspect to my retro uranus which ,of course, would only rule the new and unusual; so stuff that probably doesn't exist yet. Plus, I only have my mars in one of those houses with an extreme aspect and my dream career had to be put out for the betterment of my health. I'd like to have astrology talk, but Im not sure how we'de do it privately.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back