Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question

imdvnyyy

does Hatha Yoga empower chakras? during asanas i also feel hands and foot chakras

Yes. There are specific poses you can try to empower specific chakras. The headstand is for the crown chakra for example. I don't know about the hand or feet chakras.

Yes it does, however it is also important to remember to meditate for 10-20 min on the energy buzz after session.

One of our members, Egon, has prepared a routine which combines both yoga and chakra work. I myself use it since it saves a lot of time. The link to the topic is below.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=227&p=97721#p97721

During triangle pose the center of my left heel feels like it has a knife or piece if glass in it, that feeling only surfaces when intense buzzing shoots down my leg and reaches that spot of my foot.

Maxine said on JoS opening a Chakra can be painful but didn't elaborate on y. Does the pain come from my muscles/tendons not being able to handle the increase of energy that comes with an open Chakra? Or from to much low vibration accumulated in said Chakra prior to opening?

I have a really high pain tolerance but I'd rather not force it open thru the pain if it hurts for reasons that mean it's not ready to be open yet.

<o> said:
During triangle pose the center of my left heel feels like it has a knife or piece if glass in it, that feeling only surfaces when intense buzzing shoots down my leg and reaches that spot of my foot.

Maxine said on JoS opening a Chakra can be painful but didn't elaborate on y. Does the pain come from my muscles/tendons not being able to handle the increase of energy that comes with an open Chakra? Or from to much low vibration accumulated in said Chakra prior to opening?

I have a really high pain tolerance but I'd rather not force it open thru the pain if it hurts for reasons that mean it's not ready to be open yet.
That has nothing to do with energy, it's you over stretching and/or doing the pose incorrectly. You're not supposed to feel pain when doing yoga, so go slower, you're not supposed to feel a super stretch like when you're doing stretching in yoga, you basically have to get in a position in which you're comfortable and then move to a very tiny uncomfortable position and breath deep.

Also remember to sustain yourself with your core when doing poses.

Aquarius said:
<o> said:

That has nothing to do with energy, it's you over stretching and/or doing the pose incorrectly. You're not supposed to feel pain when doing yoga, so go slower, you're not supposed to feel a super stretch like when you're doing stretching in yoga, you basically have to get in a position in which you're comfortable and then move to a very tiny uncomfortable position and breath deep.

Thank you, put much perspective into the EDS disorder I have. Collagen disorder makes me able to stretch out more then I should even if it hurts. Mby this forced stretching explains y my muscles have been jumping like their under nerve overload? like terets muscle spams, it's odd.

It's easy to mix up bodily reactions to physical/spiritual action when u don't fully understand the spirit yet lol. Especially when it comes natural.

<o> said:
Aquarius said:
<o> said:

Thank you, put much perspective into the EDS disorder I have. Collagen disorder makes me able to stretch out more then I should even if it hurts. Mby this forced stretching explains y my muscles have been jumping like their under nerve overload? like terets muscle spams, it's odd.

It's easy to mix up bodily reactions to physical/spiritual action when u don't fully understand the spirit yet lol. Especially when it comes natural.
Remember that hatha yoga is very much about strength in the poses you do, you have to support poses with your core and really feel sustained, for example in triangle pose you should not sustain yourself on your arms on the legs, you put very little weight on your arms, rather you should sustain yourself with your core. Hope it helps, I had similar problems to you when doing yoga since my body needs poses done right. I came to the conclusion that I have to learn yoga at the anatomical level if I want to have positive experiences with yoga.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back