Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What does Hade's Bident symbolizes??

DarkShadow

I'm very interested in legend of Hades & Persephone. Can anyone tell me what does the bident in Hade's hands symbolizes??

https://www.reddit.com/r/occult/comments/cw9941/on_the_symbolism_of_the_bident/

Just some random theory....idk how reliable it is though

Any concept of duality (Life/Death, Male/Female, Light/Darkness etc) is a suitable meaning for the Bident, although the Twin Serpents fit it both in shape and meaning.
I imagine two intertwined serpents with their heads separated, representing the dual aspect of life: if one isn't there, the other one falls. Being held by Hades likely means the cycle of death completing life: both honest and liar, good and evil, young and old will die.

The symbol of Pluto can also be interpretated as Hades holding the Bident (the low cross as I call it, seen in Ceres, Venus, Mercury and any other astrological symbols representing tools held by gods), the Bident itself meaning duality and the circle meaning the third/whole, the union of two aspects in both and none.

This is just my interpretation, though. I might be mistaken or have missed complementary meanings, since this is the first time I interpretate this symbol.

Good afternoon,

on internet wikipedia it is said to bave been used to catch fish.

Not found on internet , but by memony based on archeologyst, it was also used to dig by farmers in hard rocky land instead of the usual trident fork. Trident fork is for my part better to turn and soften earth in garden before planting. As one said it represent ida pingala and suhumna so take the cental part and you have just ida and pingala.

But, the shape of bident to me looks also like a tuning fork. Resulting sound depends of the length and material. So we may say it represents sound/mantra. Remember hades is tied to darkness, hell, invisibility. I think dark is color of ether, we use also ether for invisibility training in theory. If the staff is ihis power like lignthining bolt of zeus so a link with his abilities is possible.

Or just horns on a staff ?
Or The letter U on a staff (spine). Since u = v, why not say it is water (sanskrit syllable va of 2nd chakra) ?

Other ideas ?

Hail satan

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back