Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Void

FunnyDread

What's the most effective void. When I close eyes my mind rambles, when I focus on something, I kinda forget what I'm doing and do something else before remembering I was trying to meditate:/ my mind is terrible.any advice?

It's normal to have your mind "ramble". Just focus on emptying your thoughts and if anything tries to creep in, just ignore it.
Personally what worked for me is to imagine your brain as a blank, black space. Any creeping thoughts you have end up flying into this space and try to distract your mind.
What I did was to visualize a black hole in the center of this black space, and any thoughts that try creeping in get sucked into the black hole and disappear. During the entirety of your void meditation you just focus on this black hole and think of nothing, with any intruding thoughts getting sucked into the hole and going away.

If you want a visualization aid--
https://tinyurl.com/yxjwfk2y

It's harder if you close your eyes, and easier if you have some sound that does not stimulating attention. Like fans are good and other simple droning sounds, but tv would be bad because the voices on tv would be a distraction. Just sit there, see what you are seeing, and hear what you are hearing. You don't need to block out your senses. Calmly watch what you are sensing and let the sensory information flow, and just don't think about anything. You can watch without thinking.

Keep a timer. And a black book. This is the only true method is what you have been doing. Your mind rambling and your mind control needs to be worked on constantly and consistently.

Start timer
focus on what you choose.
Be it a dot you have pinned to the wall. A picture or anything just pick something you can easily stare at.

Now here is the important part be brutally honest with yourself

Stop the timer when you lose focus.

If you lose attention and focus after 5 seconds then 5 seconds. Write that down. Now work for 6 seconds complete void. Keep pacing yourself and keep refocusing your attention.

When one has little or no mental focus the only way to move forward is by consistent effort.

You must keep applying yourself daily even hourly if you have the time. And keep record. It's a muscle you are building focus can be trained

I believe the most important part is be patient and consistent keeping a record will boost your confidence and you will be able to over time see better results. Keep at it. And never give up no matter how hard it seems. Believe in yourself

HAIL SATAN!!!

FunnyDread said:
What's the most effective void. When I close eyes my mind rambles, when I focus on something, I kinda forget what I'm doing and do something else before remembering I was trying to meditate:/ my mind is terrible.any advice?
Start with a candle flame for a few days then switch to a diagram and then to your breathing. A candle flame is an awesome beginner aid.

FunnyDread said:

I know it might seem hard now, but you'll get better at it with time. It's not your mind that's terrible. You just need to practice.

Personally, I think that doing void meditation with my eyes closed is more beneficial - for me - than focusing on a candle. I can do it with a candle, but it's just... more distracting, I guess.

You can do void meditation when you immerse yourself fully into something. For example, yoga. I once entered a light trance while reading a book - at school - and when I snapped out of it everyone was gone and I was the only one left in the class.

And start small. Don't throw yourself head first into one hour of meditation per day. You'll dread it in the beginning. Ease yourself into it.

You can also try ambient material. There's Ambience-mixer I think, but I find a lot of things there a bit too loud for me.

YouTube is probably the best for that. Guild of Ambience is a very good one. Miracle Forest. New Bliss. Autumn Cozy for autumn oriented themes.

It's different from the traditional ASMR as it recreates an environment and it's pleasant. The library ones helped me survive through high school and finish as the school's best student for my generation!

Try and find what feels good for you. What works for you. We might all be SS, but we still are different humans.

Don't feel discouraged if you don't get immediate results or if something doesn't work for you.

Good luck!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back