Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Animated Goddess Astarte!

Lightning-Wings

It took me 2 weeks to complete this! I pulled an all nighter to complete this as I truly wanted to and also share it here with you all!!

I've never animated anything so big and so detailed before, so I'm really proud of myself for that!! :D

I have to thank Lord Phenex, my GD, for overlooking this project and helping me along the way!! :)

The inspiration behind this piece was from two weeks ago, on a Friday, when I was doing Queen Astarte's power ritual. The ending part where I was to say the last sentence: The Queen of Time. I instantly got an idea of drawing Queen Astarte, but she was a still picture, but then I started getting ideas on drawing her as a gif, with her hair flowing and her eyes blinking and her lips forming into a smile. Then recently I got an idea to draw that she was holding a galaxy with an infinity symbol, symbolizing a subliminal message of saying that she holds the power over Time. I think it's a really awesome touch!! :)

I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!! :D I'm so happy to have drawn this!! :D :D :D

(Sadly I can't upload the actual gif, as it doesn't allow me to use the media option. So you'll sadly have to view it on a different platform.. :/ I hope you guys still like it regardless!)

https://imgur.com/KYvGSCC

HAIL SATAN!
HAIL ASTARTE!

MiniMe3388 said:

Beautiful animation.
I will be waiting for more :)

Hail Astarte!
Hail Satan!

Thank you!! :)

I am thinking on who to draw next. I have asked Father Satan to respectfully let any God wanting to be drawn to approach me. I've been thinking of Lord Sorath, but it could just be my imagination.

This is a very good start. If you keep it up, I think you can progress in this area. Which program did you use for the animations?

I have to say, the waving of the hair evoked a sense of vastness and antiquity that I can't quite describe.

ApolloAbove said:
Lightning-Wings said:

Awesome work, really cool

Thank you! :)

Spine said:
This is a very good start. If you keep it up, I think you can progress in this area. Which program did you use for the animations?

I have to say, the waving of the hair evoked a sense of vastness and antiquity that I can't quite describe.

Thank you!!

I used Krita and drew every frame by hand. I like it better this way, although I never tried it in any other way, haha.

That's very nice to hear!! :)

I don't know why, but I really do enjoy drawing Lady Astarte. I feel such joy, kindness and familiarity with her, it almost feels surreal. :)

It is beautiful! The drawing brought lightness, and you draw very well! I really liked that the soft expression was maintained throughout the animation.

Keep it up! :D :D

Looks nice. I like the colors. Better than AI :)
Uploaded this to https://imgbb.com so everyone can see here directly.

undefined-Imgur.gif

Víbora said:
It is beautiful! The drawing brought lightness, and you draw very well! I really liked that the soft expression was maintained throughout the animation.

Keep it up! :D :D

Thank you so much!! :)

I did my very best :)

xlnt said:
Looks nice. I like the colors. Better than AI :)
Uploaded this to https://imgbb.com so everyone can see here directly.

undefined-Imgur.gif

Can any of the Mods edit my original post to post this?

I tried using imgbb, but it didn't allow me to upload the gif.

I thank you very much for helping me out!!! :)

Lightning-Wings said:

No problem at all. Your artwork was really nice and well done. Looking forward to see more, as you got talent for this.
We should all try to help and uplift each other here instead of the opposite.

Regarding the original post; I've asked mods to edit my original posts soo many times. Simply ain't happening it seems :|

xlnt said:
Lightning-Wings said:

No problem at all. Your artwork was really nice and well done. Looking forward to see more, as you got talent for this.

Regarding the original post; I've asked mods to edit my original posts soo many times. Simply ain't happening it seems :|

Thank you!! I have made more: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=86515

And that's understandable.

Wotanwarrior said:
Is really a nice drawing, hail queen Astarte forever!

Thank you!! :)

Lightning-Wings said:
xlnt said:
Lightning-Wings said:

Thank you!! I have made more: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=86515

I'm thinking of making an interactive 3D gallery with JoS artwork and specific music for each gallery room.
Your artwork will be seen there also, no doubt :)

Now that I've said that I guess I have to actually do it. Shiiieeeet.

xlnt said:
Lightning-Wings said:
xlnt said:

I'm thinking of making an interactive 3D gallery with JoS artwork and specific music for each gallery room.

That sounds like an awesome idea!!

Make sure to also include OhNoItsMook(spelling?) helpful art advice and other peoples art too!

Good luck, haha! :D

Lightning-Wings said:
xlnt said:
Lightning-Wings said:

Make sure to also include OhNoItsMook(spelling?) helpful art advice and other peoples art too!

I've started out a bit. But the road iis looong. This is just a test.

galleri1.png

galleri2.png

Perhaps adding golden frames would be good. And that people will care about this :)

Updated with golden frames, black walls and ceiling.

galleri4.png

galleri5.png

Suggestions are welcome.

Since I'm creating this in a game engine;
I'm thinking of also perhaps including a Holoco$t museum which can be blown to pieces with a bazooka.
With the sound of "BOOM!" and "Oy vey!".

Maybe some enemies to shoot at also. :roll:

This thread just took a different turn.

xlnt said:
Lightning-Wings said:
xlnt said:

I've started out a bit. But the road iis looong. This is just a test.

galleri1.png

galleri2.png

Perhaps adding golden frames would be good. And that people will care about this :)

This is so pretty!!

xlnt said:
Updated with golden frames, black walls and ceiling.

galleri4.png

galleri5.png

Suggestions are welcome.

Since I'm creating this in a game engine;
I'm thinking of also perhaps including a Holoco$t museum which can be blown to pieces with a bazooka.
With the sound of "BOOM!" and "Oy vey!".

Maybe some enemies to shoot at also. :roll:

This thread just took a different turn.

Brother, you are very talented!! I didn't know you made games!! :eek: I'm impressed!!

I'd definitely try out your game!! :3

Lightning-Wings said:
Brother, you are very talented!! I didn't know you made games!! :eek: I'm impressed!!

Thank you. This is basically a TC project (total conversion) for the 32-bit version of the old game Duke Nukem 3D.

Updates:
Lobby with an elevator up to the gallery:
jos-gallery-lobby.png

The gallery:
jos-gallery.png

jos-gallery2.png

jos-gallery3.png

jos-gallery4.png

Download link for the current "beta" version:
https://mega.nz/file/NE4WBQzZ#I6yOO43Rz9N9SW4fuXfc7bB6rVp7frNNVKPev9ibaHk

Size: 1.39 GB. Unpack with Winrar. "eduke32.exe" is the one you start this with.
I hope it will work for you. "Enable autoload folder" must be checked.
Control configuration may be altered as I'm left handed.
U = walk forward J = walk backward H = strafe left K = strafe right Y = open

Hope you enjoy :)

xlnt said:
Lightning-Wings said:

Thank you. This is basically a TC project (total conversion) for the 32-bit version of the old game Duke Nukem 3D.

Updates:
Lobby with an elevator up to the gallery:
jos-gallery-lobby.png

The gallery:
jos-gallery.png

jos-gallery2.png

jos-gallery3.png

jos-gallery4.png

Download link for the current "beta" version:
https://mega.nz/file/NE4WBQzZ#I6yOO43Rz9N9SW4fuXfc7bB6rVp7frNNVKPev9ibaHk

Size: 1.39 GB. Unpack with Winrar. "eduke32.exe" is the one you start this with.
I hope it will work for you. "Enable autoload folder" must be checked.
Control configuration may be altered as I'm left handed.
U = walk forward J = walk backward H = strafe left K = strafe right Y = open

Hope you enjoy :)

Awesome!!

I'll try it out later.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back