Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question #1544: Satanic sins

AskSatanOperator

Although Spiritual Satanism & Joy of Satan Ministries rejects Anton LaVey's concept of Father as an archetype (rightfully so), what about the Nine Satanic sins?
Stupidity, Rejecting herd conformity, lack of aesthetics, ect.
I am curious, my brothers & sisters in Satan, what are your thoughts & feelings regarding the Nine Satanic Sins? Could they have a legitimacy to them, in spite of where they stem from?
I personally have a copy of them on hand.
Please share your thoughts, ideas, opinions & viewpoints.

Thank you for reading.
Hail Enki, our true LIBERATOR. 🦚

AskSatanOperator said:
Stupidity, Rejecting herd conformity, lack of aesthetics, ect.
I am curious, my brothers & sisters in Satan, what are your thoughts & feelings regarding the Nine Satanic Sins? Could they have a legitimacy to them, in spite of where they stem from?

Well, yes, however they aren't as important as in Laveyanism. The "lack of aesthetics" part is just Lavey's opinion.

Stephen E. Flowers has analyzed Lavey's form of Satanism in his Lords of the Left-Hand Path book and concludes that it places emphasis on almost exclusively the outside world and disregards the inner world because of its materialistic orientation and one of its teachings being that we are already gods and there's no need to bother transforming our souls. So, the "Satanic Sins" reflect this external orientation: they have all to do with the outside world.

Whereas in Spiritual Satanism, spiritual transformation is very important. So, whether something is good or bad is decided from whether it helps or hinders your spiritual progress. For example, drugs hinder your spiritual progress, so they aren't recommended. That's where we differ from Laveyanism: we consider our souls and our transformation more important than outside behavior.

stupidity is the only sin in Satanism, doing whats wrong when you know what's right. being willfully ignorant. etc, Satan and the Demons simply want what's best for you and if you make mistakes just learn from them and move forward, this is not xianity by any means. which is why sins is not the word. we must continue to evolve, we must better ourselves, perseverance, one foot forward always, no matter what. If you take a few steps back, forgive yourself and make way for greater better change.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back