Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question #1524: This quote

AskSatanOperator

"If the devotion you have for any god is greater than the one you have for the God within you, you offend both and offend the one."
- Sekhmet

What is the meaning of this quote?

I saw this in the signature of the member called Syt.

that humbly and knowing your place with full awareness, what a god does, knows and is, you can be too, eventually

by pretending there aren't huge power distances and related things between you and a deity, you can do more and be more

you can get lost just dazzling what gods can do and are, it's very easy, but the best eyes are to be interested and seek to learn, what you like
(and maybe even the one you admire, being guided)

i hope i explained well

Hello,
This is a really good topic. Sekhmet left us this lasting message, that has lasted throughout the ages, as a reminder of our power and our place in the universe. This is especially applicable to us in this day and age where everyone flocks to corrupt and degenerate idols for instruction and approval as to what to do with their lives.

No one should have to slavishly worship anyone or anything. Satan nor the Gods expect slavish worship. They find it repulsive as this is the pitfall that leads to incapacitation, weakness, and death in all its forms. Sekhmet wants us to respect ourselves by seeking & realizing the divine power and potential within our very mind and soul. This is her message to us.

Henu offered a really great explanation.

Truthfully, her message can be interpreted in many different ways and none of them would be wrong.

HS.

AskSatanOperator said:
"If the devotion you have for any god is greater than the one you have for the God within you, you offend both and offend the one."
- Sekhmet

What is the meaning of this quote?

I saw this in the signature of the member called Syt.

Stop imagining being superman and try to be superman yourself

Stop admiring beautiful women and handsome men and try to make yourself to be like them or even be more

Stop fantasizing about being rich and try to earn your richness yourself

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back