Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question #1507: How to calculate fixed stars?

AskSatanOperator

I'm too embarrassed to ask this publicly as its probably obvious but i looked on jos-astro and when i typed in my chart it gave me an endless list of stars that means nothing to me, how do i know which stars apply to me?

Start by opening Azazels astrology from joyofsatan and start reading while applying the information to the chart you cast. In time you will understand more and more. And you can also look up posts related to astrology from Brother Blackdragon as they contain a lot of valuable information related to this topic.

In this list, on the left side, keep only the fixed stars that are in conjunction or in opposition to your native planets. Ignore the rest of the aspects, not significant according to HPS Maxine.
I go even further by keeping only the conjunctions and oppositions of an orb of two degrees maximum (and not 3 degrees as indicated).

On the right side, these are aspects to your natal houses. Keep only the conjunctions and oppositions with the "angles of the theme", namely House 1, 4, 7 and 10 with an orb of maximum 2 degrees.

Oh my God, I thought a person was supposed to have like 1 or 2 of these in their chart, I have a ton, is that normal? I had never checked my fixed stars before and I have really a like 7-8 different ones (in conjunction or in opposition). They're not all good though xD. Are you sure they need to be 2 degrees or under to count?

Powerofjustice said:
Oh my God, I thought a person was supposed to have like 1 or 2 of these in their chart, I have a ton, is that normal? I had never checked my fixed stars before and I have really a like 7-8 different ones (in conjunction or in opposition). They're not all good though xD. Are you sure they need to be 2 degrees or under to count?

Yes, I'm sure. I'll try to transcribe Maxine's explanation.
The Fixed Stars are very far away. That's why they appear fixed on a human timescale, even though there's the precession of the equinoxes. To cut a long story short. As they are very, very far away, the conjunction is in reality almost like an optical illusion. So we can't accept a wide orb because it wouldn't be a significant energy.

On the other hand, we can accept a much wider orb in the case of a Mars-Venus conjunction, for example, because these celestial bodies are materially very close, in the same solar system, compared with a fixed star and our natal Mars, for example.

Yes, it's normal to have so many! Every natal chart I've studied has an average of 7 to 10.
And alas, fixed stars are not always beneficial...

Powerofjustice said:
Thank you so much!

My pleasure.

However, you can still take into account a fixed star with an orb slightly exceeding 2 degrees. Just bear in mind that the tighter the orb, the greater the effect of the star.

I've charted a person with an exact conjunction with a star that creates a risk of dog bites. As a child, this person had been bitten in the face by his dog, leaving a scar!

Fixed stars reveal a great deal about everyone. I always look that way!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back