Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question #878: How to deal with boredom that occurs after void meditation and mindfulness?

AskSatanOperator

So I've been practicing mindfulness and void meditation and I've gotten better at it. I use to spend most of my time daydreaming and fantasizing in the past but now I am starting to develop laser focus. I enjoy meditating and focusing my mind on my day instead of letting it wander but the only problem is I become extremely bored when I practice mindfulness. Do I just have to learn to accept boredom as a part of life or are there any techniques and tricks I can use or maybe something else.

AskSatanOperator said:
So I've been practicing mindfulness and void meditation and I've gotten better at it. I use to spend most of my time daydreaming and fantasizing in the past but now I am starting to develop laser focus. I enjoy meditating and focusing my mind on my day instead of letting it wander but the only problem is I become extremely bored when I practice mindfulness. Do I just have to learn to accept boredom as a part of life or are there any techniques and tricks I can use or maybe something else.

Yes. If you're feeling bored, do it. If you're not in the mood, still do it. By doing this, you can overcome limitations. It's important to cultivate a mindset where you can find pleasure in the process itself.

In addition to what BlackOnyx said, you can replace the boredom with something else. Do something unusual, challenge your routine.

I know from experience what you mean. However, keep in mind that daydreaming and fantasizing uses up energy that could be better spent elsewhere. Also, when you continue with Void and Mindfulness, you develop an appreciation for reality as it actually exists around you, you won't be so bored overtime.

AskSatanOperator said:

I am always looking for something to do and when I notice that I am falling into a routine I just change my whole day ( I just can't follow a single routine for the rest of the year, I am always changing ) change the meditation schedule if possible or include things in your day like painting, playing some instrument...etc, just find something not to sit still.

Keep void meditating daily and eventually you just won't feel right if you go too long without it.

try to touch on the nurturing, rejuvenate safe space that void meditation takes you to and it will become something you feel like you need

You have to dig deep to get past boredom. Once you get past it, then you really start getting places.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back