Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Question #315: Can the ruler of a natal chart be eclipsed in importance by another planet?

AskSatanOperator

Hello. I remember reading here that the ruler of the natal chart is the most important planet. In my case my ruler is Mars, however I have Saturn in the midheaven in the 10th house and it is in square with my ascendant (Aries). I also have a stellium in capricorn.

Would that make my natal saturn a stronger or more important planet than my ruling one? Does that mean that my personality is ruled more by Saturn than by Mars? Thanks in advance.

Your Mars ruler is secondary to none. However, your Saturn has great influence on your life due to the affairs of Capricorn, especially if your Saturn is part of the Capricorn stellium here.

Your Saturn in the 10th house square to your Ascendant in Aries can make you very driven and ambitious to reach high positions/ranks, bestowing you martial talent, a natural talent for leadership, as well as a talent for management, authority and a good business sense. You have great self-discipline. You are very patient by nature and can be very strict and hard when necessary. However, you can stand out as rather stoic and pushy at certain times. You are definitely not one to back down easily without a fight. You are highly competitive.

With your Capricorn Stellium here, it adds to your self-discipline to carry through extremely demanding work as you have plenty of endurance. You are extremely hard working (workaholic tendency) and excel in planning and organization. The tendency of being slow in starting projects and carrying them through may be offset by your AC in Aries. It gives you the necessary drive to start things due the fire quality of Aries.

Just a note: I have found Capricorn Stellium people to be slow in starting projects, hobbies and so on, having tendencies to jump off in the beginning, but as soon as the project is part of their routine, they follow it through.

Any shy disposition from your Capricorn Stellium may be offset due to your AC in Aries, and Saturn in 10th aspecting your AC in Aries. Though, there can be quite some nervous tendencies at times, where you can explode in rage when pushed during these nervous outbreaks. You may prefer to be part of smaller circles that is trustworthy, instead of being part of larger crowds. However, your AC in Aries again helps to offset any shy tendencies.

AskSatanOperator said:
Hello. I remember reading here that the ruler of the natal chart is the most important planet. In my case my ruler is Mars, however I have Saturn in the midheaven in the 10th house and it is in square with my ascendant (Aries). I also have a stellium in capricorn.

Would that make my natal saturn a stronger or more important planet than my ruling one? Does that mean that my personality is ruled more by Saturn than by Mars? Thanks in advance.

If you're an Aries Ascendant, Mars is always your ruler. A Chart Ruler isn't just about personality, its about transiting planets making aspect with Mars, aspects at birth, fated issues and other things connecting with the Ruler, with Mars and Aries coloring many of the issues in your life.

Any planet being on or near any Angle is an extremely powerful influence though, especially if stationing direct/advancing and it's making direct contact with your Chart Ruler. The Mars/Saturn square may be the most important aspect of your life and colors your Mars very strongly.

AskSatanOperator said:

I wouldn't say eclipsed or overruled. Any planets conjunct the angles just means you strongly resonate with those planetary energies or adds heavy planetary themes to what the angle represents.

The Midheaven is our public persona online and in real-life, and you can choose to "tone it down" or be as Saturnian as you wish. Saturn at its best includes maturity and an attitude of being serious, calm and wise.

You mention your Saturn is square your Ascendant, so this can also factor in "why" you feel you relate less to your Mars. Consider it as a means to master your temperament. Saturn may have also hindered your passion and assertive expression of anger, and as time goes on, you learn that you have every right to assert yourself and embrace sexuality, righteous wrath, etc.

The Capricorn stellium is a blessing allowing you to slowly grow into who you truly are. Capricorns start off more mature than others, but may be unsure of their place in the world, until they figure out how to be more efficient and diligent.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back