Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

HPS Maxine's Sermons new PDF template

The Alchemist7 [JG]

Hello. First and foremost a big "Thank You" for those of you who are still active in translating the sites despite of everything that might have happened since you started (real life circumstances, issues with the sites etc.). This is certainly one of the most important tasks for expanding and promoting JoS.

A new template has been implemented on HPS Maxine's sermons. This is needed due to the PDFs being old in formatting and aesthetics. This is similar to the template used in HP Hooded Cobra's sermons, but with some extra helpful features due to the specifics and size of the PDFs.

This is the first PDF with the proposed template, unless other ideas will be raised in this thread or over email
Link:
https://mega.nz/file/9ZZTARLC#T8y1JOc25dl3IccYI_ZQ-Li75kqOOy-tLsnz_ENGsrM

Formatting needed:

Font for "Sermons of Satan" title is called Z003
Size of this title is 40

The rest of the font for the entire PDF is Arial, including the page numbers.

The size for the below text under the title 20
"Volume One
2002 - 2005
High Priestess Maxine Dietrich"

"Content" word is size 15
Content list is size 13
Titles from Content list need to be hyperlinked. Text together with dots and page numbers is Justified.

Titles of sermons are size 18 and in Bold

Body text for all sermons are size 13 and is Justified.

Page count is size 13, and is inserted from the third page where the first sermon starts, and not the first page of the PDF.

JoS Pentagram and Astarte's Publishing House image:

Jo-S-Banner-Soft-Edges.png

Astarte-Publishing-House.png

For anyone that finds it difficult to implement the above template themselves or have any other issues, please let me know in this thread or email me on [email protected]

Regarding the fonts, Arial is copyrighted by Microsoft and cannot normally be downloaded and distributed outside Windows. Some sources claim that it cannot be used only commercially, others that it cannot be used at all. To avoid any issues, for users of LibreOffice, fonts that closely resemble Arial are "Liberation Sans" and ”FreeSans”, which are already pre-installed. Most likely all Office packages will have one or more "Arial alternatives".

If not, other alternatives for Arial can be downloaded from here, which most likely are slightly modified as to not violate the Arial copyright.
https://www.downloadfonts.io/arial-font-family-free/#google_vignette
"Arial Regular – [Ayar]" is probably the most similar to the original Arial.

Z003 can be downloaded from here:
https://mega.nz/file/Zc4FnBTQ#LrDUwtBm46JxHyY69kUqjJDzPmLnEBM38fVdXfprC-A

It also comes pre-installed in LibreOffice. I uploaded it from my system rather than passing a link as I haven't found a website that I consider safe to download from.

To install the fonts is very easy, all needed is to open the downloaded file and there should be an "Install" button. Click that and the file will already install and "incorporate" itself in the office package in a few seconds, and should appear in the list of fonts when opening the package after installation.

You can as well email me the translations of the sermons PDFs and I will create the formatted PDFs with the above template.

For users other than on Microsoft platforms, how to proceed considering that Arial is a Microsoft font? And what about the font "Z003"? Should you not provide links for fonts to be downloaded as a bare minimum for those who use other than Microsoft products? On LibreOffice there is a font called "Aerial" which is to my understanding supposed to be equivalent to "Arial", but I have not checked if those two are exact copies of each other yet.

Henu the Great said:
For users other than on Microsoft platforms, how to proceed considering that Arial is a Microsoft font? And what about the font "Z003"? Should you not provide links for fonts to be downloaded as a bare minimum for those who use other than Microsoft products? On LibreOffice there is a font called "Aerial" which is to my understanding supposed to be equivalent to "Arial", but I have not checked if those two are exact copies of each other yet.

You are very right, I should have considered this when writing the post. Thanks for the heads-up.
I will add the below in the original post as well.

Arial is copyrighted by Microsoft and cannot normally be downloaded and distributed outside Windows. Some sources claim that it cannot be used only commercially, others that it cannot be used at all. To avoid any issues, for users of LibreOffice, fonts that closely resemble Arial are "Liberation Sans" and ”FreeSans”, which are already pre-installed. Most likely all Office packages will have one or more "Arial alternatives".

If not, other alternatives for Arial can be downloaded from here, which most likely are slightly modified as to not violate the Arial copyright.
https://www.downloadfonts.io/arial-font-family-free/#google_vignette
"Arial Regular – [Ayar]" is probably the most similar to the original Arial.

Z003 can be downloaded from here:
https://mega.nz/file/Zc4FnBTQ#LrDUwtBm46JxHyY69kUqjJDzPmLnEBM38fVdXfprC-A

It also comes pre-installed in LibreOffice. I uploaded it from my system rather than passing a link as I haven't found a website that I consider safe to download from.

To install the fonts is very easy, all needed is to open the downloaded file and there should be an "Install" button. Click that and the file will already install and "incorporate" itself in the office package in a few seconds, and should appear in the list of fonts when opening the package after installation.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back