Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

⚠️Helpful HTML Code For JoS Pages - Site Editors and Translators

Egon

Website
odysee.com
There are plenty of pages in the JoS that are mostly empty with one index, that lead to more index pages, tons of very small pages, and it can be quite frustrating to edit. But there is this very easy code in Html you can use to make the pages more dynamic, and save time from creating tons of different pages, you can use this Summary function that allows you to click to expand or collapse the text, all in the same page, such as I did in:

https://www.alegriadesatanas.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/DemonNames.html

https://alegriadesatanas.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Planets666.html

Sermons version, where each clickable item leads to more indexes because it is not possible to insert the dozens of pages with bigger texts such as the sermons:
https://www.alegriadesatanas.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Sermons.html

All you have to do is using the following model, where "Title of text" is the clicklable button, and "Content of Text" or "Link" is the content, be it whole pages or what would be the other empty page with another index of links:

• ____________________________________________
    <details>
    <summary>Title of Text 1</summary>

Content of Text 1
    </details>

<details>
    <summary>Title of Text 2</summary>

Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

</details>

For translators and site makers using Web Word,
it is recommended you create the index inside of a table (see "Creating a Table")
because otherwise once you click on Save, it might mess up the formating of the text. That should only be the case for editing an existing page, but may work fine without a table for creating a new page from scratch.

Once you have created your table and decide the list of items that will be your expandable index, right click on one of the items, then select Element ▶ Edit Code, OR "Edit Inner Code"

A window will pop up where you can paste the above codes and edit as you wish. If the items are inside a table then all items will show up in the same window, if not you can edit each line with a buttom individualy.

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=429624 time=1678488179 user_id=346]
The Alchemist7 [JG said:
" post_id=429711 time=1678526334 user_id=1057]

Egon said:
There are plenty of pages in the JoS that are mostly empty with one index, that lead to more index pages, tons of very small pages, and it can be quite frustrating to edit. But there is this very easy code in Html you can use to make the pages more dynamic, and save time from creating tons of different pages, you can use this Summary function that allows you to click to expand or collapse the text, all in the same page, such as I did in:

https://www.alegriadesatanas.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/DemonNames.html
I think this is great to reduce the number of pages and make browsing the site easier. I see this more effective for indexes with about 10 articles that are also not very long, rather than HPS Maxine's sermons or the Demons sections though, as they are quite big. Is only a few sections that are very big but except of those, having expanding/collapsing articles on the rest of the site might improve browsing considerably. I think what needs to be researched is that this does not impact the results shown up in the Search function.

This is a good idea for the astrology sections. However, for the Demons, eventually every Demon will have a lengthy page, so it will be changed to an index of links in the end. Don't waste time using this code there.

It needs a "Collapse All" and "Expand All" button. That would make it more convenient for those who want to see it in the old layout where everything is expanded by default.

The detailed page link is next to the Sigil, see Abrasax example (Gods C - F), or the High Rank Gods. These can work well multitasking.

I don't understand the second stantement, they were never all expanded in one page, each section is contained separately.

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=435125 time=1680907296 user_id=346]
This is a good idea for the astrology sections. However, for the Demons, eventually every Demon will have a lengthy page, so it will be changed to an index of links in the end. Don't waste time using this code there.

It needs a "Collapse All" and "Expand All" button. That would make it more convenient for those who want to see it in the old layout where everything is expanded by default.

I have taken this idea in consideration and we are discussing this with the Guardians on the implementation, thank you.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back