Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

On the "coping with xnity: your legal rights tab for JOS translations.

Shadowcat

This main tab on the JOS site in particular "coping with xnity: your legal rights" is sourced and based as far as American standards of law because our original site is in English https://joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Resources.html

However, I believe for every nation that has a translation of the main JOS site, there also needs to be a version of this for their own country. For example, under this tab as far as freedom of expression of religion, or lack thereof is concerned, the laws about this for the particular nation who have this site translated will have this tab linked to a source that is based in their country about their own countries laws and regulations instead.

For countries that have obvious dangers, especially in Africa and the Middle East or China for example, there can be simply a word of caution for the reader about how to protect themselves on and offline if they wish to practice satanism due to their countries laws about religion, as pretty much everything in our site will be seen as "contraband" or may draw a danger to the SS in these counties if others know they associate here.

In certain European countries anything that is nazi affiliated etc can get one arrested and so on.

Other countries have more freedom where as others do not. If all translators link sources in this tab for the respective country they are translating for this, or at least how to avoid certain dangers due to restrictions it would be of help to many potential new people.

What do you guys think? I am looking into what proper sources could be used for the jos.NL as well. I can get with my translator partner and ask them what the best source could be as they would know the dutch law for example better than me. Would this be acceptable?

Shadowcat said:
This main tab on the JOS site in particular "coping with xnity: your legal rights" is sourced and based as far as American standards of law because our original site is in English https://joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Resources.html
Indeed that article was most likely written by HPS Maxine, who never hesitated to be open and public about being Satanist, which is why she wanted to clarify on the legal rights of being a Satanist although most people would hide it.

I definitely see the relevance for every community to write that page in accordance to their local laws, however since the English article is solely based on US regulations and practices only available in US, each community would have to study their local laws in order to write a version of this article as comprehensive as this one, icluding employment, education, schools etc. I doubt anyone would do this. In my native JoS it seems it hasn't been translated at all.

On the other side, I don't know if is really needed in other languages since the vast majority of SS are keeping their beliefs secret. Is mostly the Constitution of generally all European "democratic" countries that guarantees religious freedom however legislation on employment and education is probably to be found in each country's separate legislation on labor and related, I doubt many people would agree to look for these laws for that article

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:
Indeed that article was most likely written by HPS Maxine, who never hesitated to be open and public about being Satanist, which is why she wanted to clarify on the legal rights of being a Satanist although most people would hide it.

I definitely see the relevance for every community to write that page in accordance to their local laws, however since the English article is solely based on US regulations and practices only available in US, each community would have to study their local laws in order to write a version of this article as comprehensive as this one, icluding employment, education, schools etc. I doubt anyone would do this. In my native JoS it seems it hasn't been translated at all.

On the other side, I don't know if is really needed in other languages since the vast majority of SS are keeping their beliefs secret. Is mostly the Constitution of generally all European "democratic" countries that guarantees religious freedom however legislation on employment and education is probably to be found in each country's separate legislation on labor and related, I doubt many people would agree to look for these laws for that article

From what it looked like Maxine simply linked sources about the US law for this in general also. If this is essentially not necessary however i will leave this tab as is

Shadowcat said:
The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

From what it looked like Maxine simply linked sources about the US law for this in general also. If this is essentially not necessary however i will leave this tab as is
We have already removed that page from several other translation sites. Yes, it needs to be rewritten with local laws, which is a much larger effort and will need to be checked more thoroughly for errors.

Feel free to delete that link from your Home Page for now. It will probably have to wait until near the end, since the easy pages should be the first priority.

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=385777 time=1662091631 user_id=346]
Shadowcat said:
The Alchemist7 said:

We have already removed that page from several other translation sites. Yes, it needs to be rewritten with local laws, which is a much larger effort and will need to be checked more thoroughly for errors.

Feel free to delete that link from your Home Page for now. It will probably have to wait until near the end, since the easy pages should be the first priority.

Sounds good to me.

I did not want to ask this till later figuring it was too early now, but is it not a good idea also that the "sermons of Satan" tab be combined with Satan's Library? Since it is a compilation of various sources of knowledge including mostly sermons.

I also see that in the NL site, it has the old version of the library instead, but I also know the editorial project is still not complete and that Dahaarkan is working on many other articles to be put in there as well.

When we finish translating the main site, Is it a good idea to wait till the editorial project is finished along with the other articles that are to be added? I think it would be more efficient personally to wait and translate all that material after being fully updated and edited.

Shadowcat said:
Shadowcat said:

Sounds good to me.

I did not want to ask this till later figuring it was too early now, but is it not a good idea also that the "sermons of Satan" tab be combined with Satan's Library? Since it is a compilation of various sources of knowledge including mostly sermons.

I also see that in the NL site, it has the old version of the library instead, but I also know the editorial project is still not complete and that Dahaarkan is working on many other articles to be put in there as well.

When we finish translating the main site, Is it a good idea to wait till the editorial project is finished along with the other articles that are to be added? I think it would be more efficient personally to wait and translate all that material after being fully updated and edited.
That is a good idea. We'll see.
I like having it organized by author on those pages, but I can probably add some code to the library page, like "satanslibrary.org/?query=Maxine" to make it show only those.

I will upgrade your library page to the new version when you're ready to start adding translated PDFs. That's good to wait till the editing is complete. As I said, the main site should be the top priority.

" post_id=385939 time=1662141134 user_id=346]
Shadowcat said:

Sounds good to me.

That is a good idea. We'll see.
I like having it organized by author on those pages, but I can probably add some code to the library page, like "satanslibrary.org/?query=Maxine" to make it show only those.

I will upgrade your library page to the new version when you're ready to start adding translated PDFs. That's good to wait till the editing is complete. As I said, the main site should be the top priority.

Alright then sounds good. I am currently working on the meditation section for the NL site and I am on the chakra section. It says the planet for the throat chakra is venus and that the planet for the heart charka is mercury. This is something that needs updating in the original site and is inaccurate as far as I know.

May I fix this in the translations in advance? I won't until I get feedback.

Shadowcat said:
Alright then sounds good. I am currently working on the meditation section for the NL site and I am on the chakra section. It says the planet for the throat chakra is venus and that the planet for the heart charka is mercury. This is something that needs updating in the original site and is inaccurate as far as I know.

That is correct as far as I remember, Venus governs over the throat chakra and Mercury over the hearth chakra. What was confusing about them was the Sanskrit mantra assigned to each chakra but I think it's been corrected since this issue was raised

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

That is correct as far as I remember, Venus governs over the throat chakra and Mercury over the hearth chakra. What was confusing about them was the Sanskrit mantra assigned to each chakra but I think it's been corrected since this issue was raised
Those two chakras are ruled and co-ruled by those two planets.

Henu the Great said:
The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

Yes but one chakra would be ruled by Venus and co-ruled by Mercury and the opposite for the other chakra. The question is which one is has the main ruler Venus and which has Mercury, I always knew Venus rules the throat chakra and Mercury rules the Heart chakra which would also make sense since Venus governs over beauty, emotions and things related to the throat chakra, while Mercury governs over health which I would rather assign to the heart chakra than the throat chakra.

However I checked on JoS and it seems as Shadowcat said is the other way around. Actually it doesn't say which chakra Venus governs over but it says Mercury governs over the throat chakra if you look at the planets, but if you look at the informations about the chakras it says Venus over the throat chakra and Mercury over the heart one so this is contradicting

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=384902 time=1661852886 user_id=57]
Hello Lydia maybe you can help with the above, basically there is contradicting information on the site about which planet, Mercury and Venus, governs over the Throat and Heart chakra. Do you know which is the corect ruler of each if those 2 chakra? Thanks

The Alchemist7 said:
Shadowcat said:

o_O oh I see. Doesn't that mean something for the venus and Mercury squares though as far as what chakra they are said to empower? Because there it still says that doing a Venus square empowers the heart chakra and Mercury the throat chakra.

The Alchemist7 said:
Lydia [JG said:
Hello Lydia maybe you can help with the above, basically there is contradicting information on the site about which planet, Mercury and Venus, governs over the Throat and Heart chakra. Do you know which is the corect ruler of each if those 2 chakra? Thanks

Hello, yes.

I realized about 6-7 years ago that both co-rule both, but I never said anything here as I thought it wouldn't go over well. I emailed HP Cobra but never heard back from him at that time.

More recently, maybe about a year ago, HP Cobra confirmed in a reply somewhere that yes, both co-rule both.

I think perhaps different people need the energy of one or the other in each chakra, it depends on factors based on the individual. For example, some might need Venus in the throat and Mercury in the heart, while others would need the opposite, and perhaps for other people they can use either.

I thought Astarte's sigil was a tip, with the elongated part of the ankh... like Venus in two chakras.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=386515 time=1662361766 user_id=57]
The Alchemist7 said:
Lydia [JG said:

Hello, yes.

I realized about 6-7 years ago that both co-rule both, but I never said anything here as I thought it wouldn't go over well. I emailed HP Cobra but never heard back from him at that time.

More recently, maybe about a year ago, HP Cobra confirmed in a reply somewhere that yes, both co-rule both.

I think perhaps different people need the energy of one or the other in each chakra, it depends on factors based on the individual. For example, some might need Venus in the throat and Mercury in the heart, while others would need the opposite, and perhaps for other people they can use either.

I thought Astarte's sigil was a tip, with the elongated part of the ankh... like Venus in two chakras.

Sorry to butt in like this, but I'll say up front that I'm not particularly interested in astrology, I'm studying it, but it's not that true, but in my opinion, Mercury is in the Throat Chakra and the Heart Chakra, and Venus is in the Heart Chakra. Both are relevant Chakras, and both have to do with emotions (Throat Chakra is emotions that can surface, e.g. arousal, Heart Chakra is love, and from Venus, Love, sexual desire.)

This would suggest that Venus could belong to either Chakra, but in order I think it is as follows: the Heart Chakra has Venus and Mercury, in that order, and the Throat Chakra has its opposite, Mercury, and a little Venus.

With a weak Heart Chakra, one can be sentimental, monumentally empathetic, and the element is Fire and Air, and belongs to the Rajas Guna, as does the Throat Chakra. Air also belongs to the Throat Chakra, but the other is Ether. So I think Venus is more associated with the Heart Chakra and just a little bit with the Throat Chakra, and Mercury is more associated with the Throat Chakra and a little bit with the Heart Chakra.

That's my opinion, but if you understood what I wrote, I'm glad. By the end I didn't understand what I was getting at. :D

Henu the Great said:
I realized I messed up my reply above, what I wanted to say is that one chakra might have Venus as the main ruler and Mercury as a "secondary" ruler with a lesser impact, and the opposite for the other chakra.

BrightSpace666 said:
Lydia [JG said:

Sorry to butt in like this, but I'll say up front that I'm not particularly interested in astrology, I'm studying it, but it's not that true, but in my opinion, Mercury is in the Throat Chakra and the Heart Chakra, and Venus is in the Heart Chakra. Both are relevant Chakras, and both have to do with emotions (Throat Chakra is emotions that can surface, e.g. arousal, Heart Chakra is love, and from Venus, Love, sexual desire.)

Shadowcat said:
o_O oh I see. Doesn't that mean something for the venus and Mercury squares though as far as what chakra they are said to empower? Because there it still says that doing a Venus square empowers the heart chakra and Mercury the throat chakra.

This needs to be agreed upon and corrected on the main site as it might confuse other members, also the contradicting information appears probably in all the other JoS sites already translated in other languages. Or maybe HP Cobra will have a final say on this

The Alchemist7 said:
Henu the Great said:
I realized I messed up my reply above, what I wanted to say is that one chakra might have Venus as the main ruler and Mercury as a "secondary" ruler with a lesser impact, and the opposite for the other chakra.

BrightSpace666 said:
Lydia [JG said:

Shadowcat said:

This needs to be agreed upon and corrected on the main site as it might confuse other members, also the contradicting information appears probably in all the other JoS sites already translated in other languages. Or maybe HP Cobra will have a final say on this

I agree. HP, what do you think?

Like Lydia says though, if they do co-rule both, I guess it depends on what energy is needed where, and doing a Venus square for empowering the heart chakra or a Mercury square for the throat is still fine, as this is what it still states about the Venus and Mercur Spiritual squares still, despite it being said in certain places that the rulerships are the other way around.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back