Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Saturn Retrograde

BlackOnyx8 [JG]

Website
jos-projects.com
Greetings everyone,

I just wanted to remind you that Saturn will be retrograde from June 17 to November 4. A lot of people ignore these details and face unnecessary hardship. I remember when I didn't know about Astrology, there was always some time during the year when life was exceptionally difficult, I used to be consumed and helplessly overwhelmed by these energies.

It would be wise to prepare for this event especially if Saturn will be transiting over your first house or other critical areas, although Saturn transits even when retrograde are not necessarily bad.

Saturn rules discipline, duty, responsibilities, hard work, etc., when Saturn goes retrograde these energies are turned inwards, this would be a good time to reflect on your mistakes and practice some introspection. If you have been slacking in these areas, Saturn will make your life difficult and force you to finally face reality - you must acknowledge why this is happening, learn whatever it is that Saturn is trying to teach you, get on your feet, and do what you have to do. Do not fight this change as it is good for you, even if it is very uncomfortable.

This is a good time for improvements but only if you have the right mindset when you approach this transit. If you ignore Saturn's warnings and continue with the bad habits, it will overwhelm you, and it will punish you.

A good way to offset some of the negative aspects of this transit would be with a protection working combining the runes Algiz, Sowilo and Eihwaz. Any other Solar or Jupiter-related energies will also work.

Last year when Saturn was retrograde was really hard and difficult for me, apart from a hard transit it was added that I was obliterating Saturn and all the negative karma was coming to the surface.

But not everything was bad, in that period I finally got out of a deception that lasted 8 years.

I wanted to expand on what I previously wrote. HP HoodedCobra and others have written extensively on the nature of Saturn, so I won't dwell on that too much. But I think it's worth remembering that Saturn is neither good nor bad; it's neither inherently a blessing nor a curse, but it's certainly capable of both. Saturn does not create problems. When Saturn comes, it shakes you, forces you to wake up and see reality in its true colors.

If certain areas have been neglected in some way (the house Saturn is transiting over), Saturn will bring everything to the surface for you to deal with. It will not punish you directly but it will show you in a brutal way that you will punish yourself with the decisions you made that put you in the situation you're in right now.

If misery is perceived in the affairs ruled by the house Saturn is transiting over, it is because misery was already there in the first place, probably for many years, and now Saturn must come to force you to solve these things once and for all. Saturn did not create the issue; it only showed that the issue is there and forced you to face the reality that these things must be dealt with, otherwise suffering will definitely get worse. But if the mindset is not one of growth but of depression and defeat, then Saturn will exacerbate this, and consequently, you will sink deeper.

On the other hand, if you prepare for this transit, and have a clear understanding of where issues might arise, you will be able to solve them before they become a problem. Therefore, Saturn will reward your efforts. Saturn is the planet of Karma, and major events in life are tied to transits of Saturn.

During the retrograde transit, because the energies are turned inward, all of these require a great level of self-reflection and introspection, especially because it's in Pisces. You need to be grounded and not lose touch with reality. You must be disciplined and responsible in your endeavors and learn the lessons that Saturn is trying to teach you. It may bring you a sense of restrictiveness and you may be denied certain things, but Saturn is here to show you a problem and to help you overcome it.

This is why I suggested working with Eihwaz because it is a rune of transformation. This is a very transformative process where your perception of reality might be forced to change, and you need to be able to understand what is going on.

Even when doing a protection working, you still have to learn these lessons Saturn is trying to teach you, and you must act upon them. The protection working will only widen your margin for error, lessening some of the blows. However, if you truly fail to do what must be done, Saturn will force you to learn in one way or another.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back