Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Redefining Search: Contribute to An Extra Search Engine For The Joy of Satan

Panta Rhei

Today we are giving you the opportunity to contribute to Joy of Satan's new search engine. This will not completely replace the traditional search system, but it will enrich the search experience by bringing a new way to search.

Essentially, when you want to search for something, you do so by searching for the question you have in mind. The reason search engines work well is that they give you satisfactory results, even when you are not sure exactly what you need to find.

In fact, they do this so well that even if your query has spelling mistakes or doesn't reflect exactly what you want to search for, the results are "magically" brought to you and in just 10 seconds, you find your answers.

We believe that it is very important to have an inquisitive personality and the perseverance to find the answer. Nevertheless, the effort to search for the answer should not be greater than the effort to understand the answer.

So far, there have been many sources where you can search for an answer to a question you have in mind.

1-min.png

So far, so good. But the process was never smooth. Since the sermons were displayed as a list, you had to choose the ones that suited you by their titles. Searching in Joy of Satan did not always bring up the best article. Satan's Library wasn't much help either, and searching for anything on the forum, let alone finding appropriate member posts on the forum, gave you nothing but irrelevant results.

The situation was not always difficult, but it was not always good either. Something new was needed here...

2-min.png

With the new search system, you will no longer focus on finding the answer, but on understanding the answer. As you can see in the image, simply search for your question, and the hand-picked, carefully selected answers will bring you the appropriate information from sources across the entire ecosystem in accordance with your question.

This is a search engine that officially belongs to Joy of Satan!

Contributing

1. Basically, you will help and play a role in feeding the engine's database.
  2. No advanced knowledge of English is required to contribute, but understanding the texts is essential.
  3. You don't have to be an advanced Satanist, but you should know the contents and answers well. In fact, the search engine will often focus on beginner and intermediate questions, so being close to these levels can be an advantage.
  4. The contribution process will involve some routine work, but we will be building good things for people.
  5. And all contributing members will be listed on the Contributors page of the project.

Those who volunteer SHOULD EMAIL ME at [email protected] and then you will receive more details, information and guidance.

My sincere thanks to everyone who will contribute in advance.

Hail Satan!

Bumping this thread. Information dissemination is very important for the JoS, especially as we grow in both membership and knowledge. Setting up systems like what Spine has designed is important so that we can continue this in an efficient manner, as otherwise many will spend countless hours repeating the same information to newer people.

None of what Spine is asking for will be particularly difficult. Don't hesitate to volunteer some of your time here.

Spine said:

I cannot see the images here. Can you? Perhaps if you re-upload them, people can get a better view of your ideas.

All I want is the regular JOS Search back. I want to find text I read years ago by remembering and searching and seeing a list of pages with it, like any search engine has always worked. Have fun with your redefining ideas but please just keep a regular search engine.

Jackalope said:
All I want is the regular JOS Search back. I want to find text I read years ago by remembering and searching and seeing a list of pages with it, like any search engine has always worked. Have fun with your redefining ideas but please just keep a regular search engine.

It is being worked on, apologies.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=445590 time=1685140191 user_id=21286]
Cfecit said:

It does, but people do not have the time, drive, or discipline. They may need an urgent answer, but not know where to start and may feel overwhelmed.

Yes, it is not great that people don't read, but it isn't practical to just tell them to read the entire website, either. Sometimes it is better to just give them the information they need so they can keep up their productivity.

We need to organize our material better so that can people can learn quicker, rather than just have a 20k page dump of info which people may not look through that much (or it could be redundant).

Spine's solution helps with that.

Jackalope said:

This was broken in the recent hacking attempt and should be replaced at some point in the future. It was not removed as part of a design choice. Spine's idea is separate from this by going beyond the main website itself.
Yes let's tell a new Satanist to read the whole site and all the Jos library... Like why would they do that? When you are new you may be lazy and not sure about Spiritual Satanism. I'm not saying we should spoon feed them but help them grow. If they need an answer for something it's better to give it, if this makes them grow and become one day a powerful SS then it's all that matter. A good search engine can definitely help.

Basically with this search engine we will choose the right answers to the questions?? And it search not only in the forum but all our sites? It does not sound bad at all.

Spine said:
Despite the fact that I have warned you before, you continue with your low level actions. You try to justify these low level actions with your own ignorance and impudence. Stop trying to exhaust my patience with you.

Even the beginner level information in Joy of Satan is highly valued and very difficult to understand for today's civilization. You don't learn anything simple here, and instead you receive a comprehensive spiritual education that gradually recreates your entire worldview. So a person has to spend a long time here to acquire many of the personality traits that you think people should have.

So not every Spiritual Satanist here has the behavior of an ideal Spiritual Satanist, even though they carry that title. And this is critical to how we are going to run things. For example, you here, like a child, are doing nothing but creating problems and trying to attack me.

There is something called User Experience Design. It says, don't force something on people. Instead, adjust your position according to whatever their natural behavior is. So telling someone who doesn't want to read thousands of pieces of content, no matter how soft your tone, "You have to read the whole site!" is just forcing something on people, and it's not going to give them an inquisitive personality, discipline and willpower.

Instead, human-centered systems need to be designed. If you could think of such simple concepts, you wouldn't write such nonsense as if it was the best idea in the world. And because you can't think of these things, while you spew hate at Spine, the ignorant and evil Turkish Spine is doing something meaningful here.

I think what Cfecit means is that this will encourage for new people to NOT read the whole site. They will just go ask "how do i do telekinesis?" "where's the love spells?" New people don't know what they don't know, and will miss important things if they just ask questions they do know. The Joy of Satan is like a cookbook for the soul. You never know what tasty recipes you might find if you read it, and not just skip to an already favorite!

ApolloAbove said:
Jackalope said:

It is being worked on, apologies.

Thank you! <3

Jackalope said:

We will have a regular search engine again like before, and this is another project.

Cfecit said:
HP. Hoodedcobra666 said:
Lack of clarification for what this is about has been fixed in the title.

I believe JG Blitz has clarified everything on the matter. Different tools can help different audiences and people.

We have spread out the responsibilities and projects, so there shouldn't be a worry here.

In regards to criticism, that is welcome, but be aware Spine is on specific projects. That is one extra tool in the existence of other tools which should make the reading of the JoS easier.

What I see is that the Turkish-language library is nonexistent. To translate well, I emphasize well, over 2300 items takes years. Apart from the fact that the Turkish site is also limiting.

I therefore ask: Has any action been taken in this regard? I don't mean in general, but of specific tasks.

If not, why was members like Spine given the tasks that a native English speaker can safely take care of?

Cfecit I believe as a community elder of more experience and everything you should understand things mentioned in this response and that you should also encourage others to do whatever they can.

Your reply does highlight the case of translations yet the situation is that yes, people are doing translations on the JoS Turkey, and will also be translating the Library eventually and so on. Official Turkish translations are essentially only from mid 2021, or even 2022. That's not enough time, yet.

What you might soon have to answer about Cfecit will be why you are constantly initiating attacks on people and constantly trying to cast doubt on people on what you assume is "priorities", which are not decided by you, but by myself or by the needs of the communities and their ability to do certain tasks.

Certain people might be able to code, but they cannot necessarily translate as other translators can. As one could understand, there could be a shortage of people, as there has been a shortage of forethought in your reply.

Writing 2300 PDF's in a place of low engagement and in a new site and infrastructure [which through the strategies of JoS Turkey, has been changing, let me tell you, to the best], is simply creating material that without engagement, will be moot.

Any internal specifics of this other community are completely unknown to you, but known by me and other people who are dealing with these matters. Decisions are based on this information. There are other translators that are doing other work.

How this community or how it's sites and community was formed, was already happening when the community made it into the Joy of Satan. There are many things that are still being worked on, will change, and become applied to JoS.

The JoS Turkish is young, and it requires to spread around more than it requires only translations. Translations are happening regardless. Meanwhile, JoS Italy is founded for many years.

To constantly overly criticize, pointlessly complain, and essentially that does nobody a positive thing. It's also on a lack of information where expression of bitching is more important than gathering the necessary information and then communicating the matter in a proper way.

Lastly, you do not have a clear understanding of the priorities of each language and translation, and what needs to be done first. Asking would solve these priorities.

Except of people being of a certain Nationality, they have a certain skill set that helps the JoS in general. Spine is not solely on the Turkish forum, but he is also working on other projects which are of a general nature.

I do believe this is a situation of that is highly affected by simply disliking Spine or others and simply trying to dig out every potential excuse other the sun to express your own doubts. That is understandable, but is clearly unrelated to the topic at hand.

Noctur said:

This is so true. Cfecit was also verbally attacking members in the editing sermons project, so I tried standing up for them, and then he turned on me and put all the blame of incompetence on me and twisted everything. All because he didn't understand some things.

We are all gathered under Satan's kingdom. We must support each other's efforts and endeavors. Why is there anything wrong with being productive and innovative? It's an evolving and changing world, of course there will be differences. Personally, I trust everything Spine is doing. Spine is getting better and better and he's trying to do more for us. Let him give more to the community.

I am also from the Turkish forum, I see his work, not you, and it is out of question that his efforts are ineffective or ignored. He works like an ant and cares too much about JoS. I think it is wrong to treat him this way when JoS is the focus of his life. Very few people can do what he does.

Criticism is understandable, but it has to be constructive. Destructive criticism and the like is against the spirit of this place. Even if your intentions are good, this is not the time and place for many of the things said here.

The situation is upon the calculation of the actual percent of any mistakes these were within an acceptable margin of 1%. I was shown this in data/numbers by the ex-admin of the platform in which this work took place.

These simply mean that further effort and a re-run of things to correct them should be the call and aim, since most projects of this magnitude will always have a few issues, or more than this, too.

Such margin of error is not a show of anything as severe as you state Cfecit. I believe all people who partook in the project, based on the amount of PDF's they have done, had something like 1%-2% error rate or even less, across all the PDF's.

That still doesn't say much, because anyone can tail someone and find a mistake like this within the scope of such huge projects. That doesn't say much except of the volume of the project being that big that this occurred as a normal outcome.

Cfecit said:
Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=445864 time=1685253292 user_id=57]

I rewrite, my previous post was deemed unsuitable by, I don't know who, so it was deleted. But I do not allow my reputation to be ruined, I am a loyalist and when I argue it is for the right cause, for the good of all.

I am surprised that Lydia puts this argument in the public square. Unfortunately, it's not as Lydia says, maybe she's misremembering, because I don't want to have the assumption that she's doing it on purpose, it's not at JG's standard, apart that in that project she has already some prejudiced about me.

There was no attack. Lydia "misinterpreted" the initial situation, (going, however, to tell me that I will no longer be accepted into the other projects-which I was in the new projects anyway) so I went against her because certain behaviors I do not tolerate.

One of Lydia's "incompetence" is:
[original text by HP Hooded Cobra here in ancient-forums]: https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=59111
[Edited PDF, then archivied as "official text" in the Library, in satanslibrary]: https://www.satanslibrary.org/Engli..._Hating_Me_-_High_Priest_Hooded_Cobra_666.pdf
[internet archive]

Did you notice immediately what is error? Unfortunately, Lydia did not and that was her responsibility. There are two other sermons with the same situation, so Lydia was not deemed up to that task by my standard. "I don't understand some things" is basically that, according to Lydia, these are human errors and therefore "one has to forgive/turn the other cheek", because according to her, 5% error rate is acceptable. I have a different standard and apparently mine is high or "severe", because I know that these errors has a serious consequence for those who have to use these Sermons for work purposes as a translation or other type. Then, in short, I got out of the project by my own will ("survived" a threat of ban which i could care less) when I was at 200 out of the total of (if I remember correctly) 1500 PDFs. There is no knowing how the other 1300 are like, accurate or not. It is called, being held accoutable for their actions, in this case it's the admins of that project. Hooded was informed about this in a long and very detailed email from me.

The result of that situation is that, the library materials are not deemed reliable. I have done more explanation and more details about it in my previous [deleted] post but this time I leave it to the reader to imagine what it means and what the outcome is.

Folks, now you know my position.

There's such a thing as being far too critical. You would definitely fall into this category. I hate to be so stern, but how you are acting is absolutely ridiculous. Being overly critical of people's work like some maddened grammar police hitting people over the head with a nightstick, is not helpful.

If it's that unacceptable to you, how human beings can make like... 1% or 2% of a mistake here and there. Go do everything, line by line, with 100% accuracy..

If we are being realistic, you would have issues holding yourself to the same standard you hold others.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=446739 time=1685595585 user_id=21286]
Would any of you be interested in helping with this project? The basis is pretty simple: Define a common question that arises on the forums, then find sources which answer it. This can come from both the forums and the main JoS sites.
This will build up the database for this service, which can then be used to quickly inform new members.
Sure, I can cook some questions.

Announcement to all our members:

As the people running this project, we are very careful about the organisation and accessibility of the information in Joy of Satan.

This project, which we are keeping anonymous for the time being, will be the beginning of many more wonderful and helpful projects to come.

People build together and so the participation of all members, especially senior members with experience to help new ones, is very valuable to us and enriches the fundamental culture of the project.

We will use Proton for communication and we have another platform for database organisation. Soon we will close the volunteering process and start the database organisation. For this reason, those who want to volunteer should send me an e-mail at [email protected] as soon as possible.

So that we can talk to you more about the pursuit of excellence, as ultimate partners in our desire to go beyond.

Spine said:
Excellent, send me an e-mail please. I don't know your Proton.

With all respect, I do not recognize your name and I don't know anything about you. There are only maybe 5 people from here who I have ever contacted with emails, and probably 20 messages total to all of them. So I don't think I trust sending emails with somebody who is a complete stranger to me.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=447470 time=1685895762 user_id=21286]
Ol argedco luciftias said:
With all respect, I do not recognize your name and I don't know anything about you. There are only maybe 5 people from here who I have ever contacted with emails, and probably 20 messages total to all of them. So I don't think I trust sending emails with somebody who is a complete stranger to me.

Spine can be trusted, and is known to both myself and HPHC. Either way, the email conversation with him is about the project and not anything personal. As Noctur stated, you can also make a separate email as well, if you wish to not use a private one.

This actually brings up a really good question about trust. How can we trust a new person Spine to make a search engine, when not even Soaring Eagle's search was secure? Especially something Spine just whipped up in 10 days? This is just asking for trouble! You should maybe use a search like Apache Lucene that's already very secure and peer-reviewed.

Jackalope said:
This actually brings up a really good question about trust. How can we trust a new person Spine to make a search engine, when not even Soaring Eagle's search was secure? Especially something Spine just whipped up in 10 days? This is just asking for trouble! You should maybe use a search like Apache Lucene that's already very secure and peer-reviewed.

There's no need for thinking like this. Spine can be trusted.

Hello, I received an email a couple of days ago to make a proton email. I have made the email the address is [email protected]. I am ready to help whenever you need me. I am getting a job soon that has a Friday, Saturday, Sunday 12.5 hour shift. I can work any day but those :) .

Interesting @Spine. If you require my assistance I’ll try what I can offer. My email is in my signature

This thread is not about Cfecit, but about Spine's announcement for the new JoS search engine project.

Don't further try to hijack this topic or derail it.

Enough has been said on this already.

Hello Spine! Has the project started?
I haven't received further instructions yet.. : (

AFODO said:
Hello Spine! Has the project started?
I haven't received further instructions yet.. : (
No, it will start very soon. We are doing the final organization now and then all volunteers will receive further instructions.

Thank you.

When great things are done, people will want to be part of it. The important thing is to have the desire to pursue it and create it when there is nothing. Then with perseverance and effort, the impossible becomes a reality.

From now on, the process has started and all volunteers have received an email explaining everything in detail. Thank you all and for your efforts, you will receive the highest sense of satisfaction.

Bump!

Everyone can still join! Not a hard work but we need more people to be more efficient. It's perfectly fine if you only contribute 10 minutes a day. We don't have much people working on this right now, you would make a difference.

Contact Spine if you can, and want to help.
[email protected]

Every Spiritual Satanist should contribute to Joy of Satan in some way. We should be able to do this much in return for the knowledge and service that Joy of Satan gives us.

I realize that most of us have enough time to play video games or lie in bed and watch movies on Netflix, but don't you realize how much you could help if you devoted a fraction of that time to this project?

Just think of a question, find an article that answers that question and it's done. That's exactly what everyone who is volunteering now is doing, it's not that hard work.

I can imagine that you are thinking, "Someone else can do it," but you have to do it, as a Spiritual Satanist you should be able to do at least this much.

Please contact Spine at [email protected]!

Abyssos said:
I'm only commenting because the meme was weak.

Well, good thing no one here, from newbies to the advanced members, takes your words seriously thanks to your sperg outs. :)

Abyssos said:
They don't need to. I take almost no one here seriously either, due to 2-3 years in which I witnessed the most repulsive ideas expressed and accepted by much of the userbase here. By taking a stance as a political enemy, I have put myself in a advantageous position for posterity. I have monopolized an entire ideology, and no one here will know what that even means. I encourage you to not take anything I just seriously, of course.

End of addressing hailourtruegod.

Holy shit... you really are the epitome of the bucktooth nerd emoji...

But yes if you can help out somehow instead of the idiocy you've portrayed then go ahead.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back