Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

About Suicide and trauma to those around you

Lunar Dance 666

Ill keep it short and I post this mainly to raise awareness to people who might not know.

When your loved ones watch you being depressed it is hard, and you might not want to burden them with you.

But the moment you are suicidal and you start hurting yourself, and the people around you see that, it is horrifying.

Especially to the ones closest to you. It is not unthinkable that your closest ones develop PTSS from this.

Especially your closest ones want to see you happy and doing well and they want to do their utmost best to support you in any way no matter how excruciating painful it may be to see you in this state.

I think that as SS we might want to take on the burden ourselves to heal someone like that, especially if it is a sibling or if we are in a position where someone we see daily is suffering.

Itd be necessary to take a step back, but also, do ask the gods for guidance, especially if it is completely out of your hands and you cant do anything or if you do not know what you can do or what best action to take.

Lastly, if such a person is a friend, and nothing improves, cutting ties might be necessary.
We are not here to be crippled by people like that. We also must live and fulfill our own lives, climb higher and do the best that we can, not just for our own sake, but for the sake of getting our world back.

Even if what you can do for now is just on small scale and in your direct environment, then thats enough. We also must look after ourselves and our own wellbeing, then we can take on more.

I wish everyone a good day.

~Lunar

The biggest problem is when that close person that you tries to help and they does nothing to get out of that situation and the only thing he or she tries to do is to keep you down with him or her, in that case it is better to break all ties and contact and never let them keep you down in their pit.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Ill keep it short and I post this mainly to raise awareness to people who might not know.

When your loved ones watch you being depressed it is hard, and you might not want to burden them with you.

But the moment you are suicidal and you start hurting yourself, and the people around you see that, it is horrifying.

Especially to the ones closest to you. It is not unthinkable that your closest ones develop PTSS from this.

Especially your closest ones want to see you happy and doing well and they want to do their utmost best to support you in any way no matter how excruciating painful it may be to see you in this state.

I think that as SS we might want to take on the burden ourselves to heal someone like that, especially if it is a sibling or if we are in a position where someone we see daily is suffering.

Itd be necessary to take a step back, but also, do ask the gods for guidance, especially if it is completely out of your hands and you cant do anything or if you do not know what you can do or what best action to take.

Lastly, if such a person is a friend, and nothing improves, cutting ties might be necessary.
We are not here to be crippled by people like that. We also must live and fulfill our own lives, climb higher and do the best that we can, not just for our own sake, but for the sake of getting our world back.

Even if what you can do for now is just on small scale and in your direct environment, then thats enough. We also must look after ourselves and our own wellbeing, then we can take on more.

I wish everyone a good day.

~Lunar

It is better to talk to someone about it than to bury it. Some people are unfortunately suicidal without being able to speak on it or feel like they are a burden. Even if it is just a passing mention. I appreciate anyone that mentions it sincerely. It might feel like an emotional burden because we don’t have the capacity to care directly for everyone at all times who goes through this.

How is it something that someone can sincerely tell another person though, when it is serious. We/I follow and promote to certain others if you see something, say something, and uplift. Because we can, so we do. And just listen to others speak without reaction is fine when there aren’t words.

(On a total flip side/contrary - I have been in a few situations where someone is telling me about having committed murder.. different type of silence)

Resources unfortunately dwindle. Sometimes it is a freak incident and misunderstanding with the mind. I watched a story about a teen recently who had just been overwhelmed with emotion. He just freaked out.

Trigger warning:
He shot himself in the head and his family found him. He survived and had disfigurement but came out of it saying the above. And that he had a lot of gratitude for life afterward.

I can’t tell anyone how to handle these situations in the moment but often if it’s a truly random person, that can be handled well with strength/care and deferment to an authority or another person when it is used as an ultimatum or coercion.

This post cued me to reach out and give a form of an apology/gratitude.

Sometimes people see things we don’t see before they even happen. They see it in ourselves. Sometimes it is best to listen.

Life is not all about me nor have I ever tried really to make it about me. And you’re too young for that is something I definitely got often.

It is like the gods descended downward as said you’re going to commit suicide if you continue on this trajectory. It has taken so much.

Fear has been irrelevant when it comes to caring about other people.

But shifting focus..

I think that if I think life would be nothing without being able to help other people then I should be back in routine heavier and leveling up.

Sometimes people don’t want care.

If we are not careful and well-rounded I think we can truly take on the emotions and experiences of other people as well. And have this not work to our benefit.

Lunar Dance 666 said:

Very true. Good post! Due to the fact that I really do care about people I've put myself in situations trying to help people who were very depressed, self harming or suicidal. I myself went through some dark times in my past so I know from experience things get better. So i feel very much for these people. But, I had to learn boundaries and not let these people latch on to me though. I was simply there to uplift them and be a shoulder to lean on, and then offer support when they needed. But some wanted me as a personal "therapist" indefinitely so I had to gently distance for the sake of my own mental health because it was very draining.

Sometimes this resulted in some people threatening to off themselves if I did distance myself, but I had to understand if they're the kind of person to off themselves just to keep someone in their life, that's on them and not me. It's important to remember that it's not your fault that they are manipulative in this way. Also if you've tried helping them to no avail it's again not your fault. You did all you could, you can't help someone who won't help themselves. In the end it's up to them to change.

As you've said, we should ask the Gods to help matters outside of our hands.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back