Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Origins Of Satanism Page requiring JavaScript

AntiVirus

Hello there,

I don't allow JavaScript on my browser for safety reasons. When studying JoyOfSatan I ran into this page

https://satanslibrary.org/666BlackSun/Origins-of-Satanism.html

Which appears to require JavaScript. Trying to go to it without JavaScript gives a white page with the error "Enable JavaScript and cookies to continue"

While the page

https://satanslibrary.org/666BlackSun/Satanism_Eastern_Origins.html

Doesn't give me the same error.

Thank you for your time I just wanted to bring this to your attention

AntiVirus said:
Hello there,

I don't allow JavaScript on my browser for safety reasons. When studying JoyOfSatan I ran into this page

https://satanslibrary.org/666BlackSun/Origins-of-Satanism.html

Which appears to require JavaScript. Trying to go to it without JavaScript gives a white page with the error "Enable JavaScript and cookies to continue"

While the page

https://satanslibrary.org/666BlackSun/Satanism_Eastern_Origins.html

Doesn't give me the same error.

Thank you for your time I just wanted to bring this to your attention

Hello. I can't speak for anyone here in regards to implementing design changes or switching what language pages are written in, but I can offer advice on how to access this in a way that may make you feel a bit better.

Try and spin up an OpenBSD or Tails virtual machine with virtual box or the free VMware version if you are on windows.

Make sure you allocate a decent enough of ram and hard drive space for the virtual machine, and if you have issues booting and get errors trying to do virtualization, then you should get into your motherboard BIOS at start up to enable Virtualization.

Use virtual machine manager with QEMU/KVM if you are on Linux and install Tor and run it.

Devuan would be a good choice in a virtual machine as well. But Tails is fine out the box to use for security, as OpenBSD would require a bit of tinkering.

The JavaScript and cookies are used only for the accessibility menu on the top-left of the page that lets you switch to black text on a white background, or extra large text.

With JavaScript off, the pages should load normally, just without the top-left menu. I just tested them both, and they load fine for me. I'm not sure why your browser is treating those two pages differently, since they both use the same script file.

You could just enable JavaScript just for the Joy of Satan sites though. We have no ads, so there's no tracking cookies or privacy-invading scripts anywhere.

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=433039 time=1679988173 user_id=346]
The JavaScript and cookies are used only for the accessibility menu on the top-left of the page that lets you switch to black text on a white background, or extra large text.

With JavaScript off, the pages should load normally, just without the top-left menu. I just tested them both, and they load fine for me. I'm not sure why your browser is treating those two pages differently, since they both use the same script file.

You could just enable JavaScript just for the Joy of Satan sites though. We have no ads, so there's no tracking cookies or privacy-invading scripts anywhere.

I could of just thought of suggestions like this instead of giving him the drawn out in depth solution I did unfortunately lol.

Quoted this as I second this. This appears to be the best solution and response.

Soaring Eagle 666 [JG said:
" post_id=433039 time=1679988173 user_id=346]

Thank you both for your time and advice, I use tails for all my JoS activity.

This session I went to the website and received no error despite having the same settings as last time, must have been a problem with the exit node.

Have a virteous day.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back