Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Lydia can u tell me the correct pronunciation

Hi Lydia,

Can you tell me the correct pronounciation of Vi-suddhi mantra, like elaborate a bit more

Is the S like shoe or soap, do I have to make a hissing sound at the back of my throat as well like in "HAUM"? Or just "shine"?
And is the Hi at the end like a drawn out "He" or is it silent H like "EEE"

I ask this because I see much conflicting opinions on the forums, they don't seem to agree much.

The Phantom Stranger said:
Hi Lydia,

Can you tell me the correct pronounciation of Vi-suddhi mantra, like elaborate a bit more

Is the S like shoe or soap, do I have to make a hissing sound at the back of my throat as well like in "HAUM"? Or just "shine"?

I ask this because I see much conflicting opinions on the forums, they don't seem to agree much.

I've also read conflicting opinions. Different people also have different accents so maybe how one person writes it might actually be pronounced slightly different.

I'll write how I do it, and I know it to be correct and effective for me. I've done it many times over the years and tried nearly every variation that can be thought of, trying to work it out. The one I describe below is the one I find to be most effective an really did take out all dross. But maybe there can be variations, because other SS say their way works for them.

The S like "soap".

The D's like D, not TH. Have the tip of the tongue right above the teeth where they meet the gums, not like T but a bit deeper in pitch.

Hit the H hard, almost like hissing it but a definite H sound. Don't hiss like an S, sorry if this sounds confusing but it's the best way I can describe it.

I'd be interested in hearing other member's opinions and what pronunciation works best for them.

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=432516 time=1679729129 user_id=57]
Hi Lydia,

I've also read conflicting opinions. Different people also have different accents so maybe how one person writes it might actually be pronounced slightly different.

I'll write how I do it, and I know it to be correct and effective for me. I've done it many times over the years and tried nearly every variation that can be thought of, trying to work it out. The one I describe below is the one I find to be most effective an really did take out all dross. But maybe there can be variations, because other SS say their way works for them.

The S like "soap".

The D's like D, not TH. Have the tip of the tongue right above the teeth where they meet the gums, not like T but a bit deeper in pitch.

Hit the H hard, almost like hissing it but a definite H sound. Don't hiss like an S, sorry if this sounds confusing but it's the best way I can describe it.

I'd be interested in hearing other member's opinions and what pronunciation works best for them.

So at the end its like an extended "he" like "heeee"?

VVVV-EEEE-SSS-UUUU-DDDHH-HEEEEE?

Lydia [JG said:

also can i place my tongue a bit behind the point where they meet the gums instead of at the point where they meet, like a vibrated D

Lydia [JG said:
Hi Lydia,

The S like "soap".

This is very interesting JG Lydia! I just tried to vibrate it like this, but I have to say, this works better than what I used to do.

Specifically, the hard H at the end.

I have always vibrated the DH as TH in THAUM, but the same way you suggested to vibrate the D, as I usually vibrate TH that way by placing my tongue against the upper palate right at the backside of the front teeth, it just always felt better for me to vibrate any variation of TH or D in that way.

However, I always treated the H as part of that vibration. This definitely seems wrong, as when vibrating the H like you suggested is far more effective.

I will vibrate Vishuddhi that way from now on, and refer to this post when someone asks on instructions on how to best vibrate it.

Hail Satan!

So at the end its like an extended "he" like "heeee"?

VVVV-EEEE-SSS-UUUU-DDDHH-HEEEEE?

Yes, like "heee".

also can i place my tongue a bit behind the point where they meet the gums instead of at the point where they meet, like a vibrated D

Wherever works for you to get the D sound. Actually that's where I place mine, my first instruction sounds wrong now that I re-read it. I wrote "a bit above" but "behind" meant the same.

I'm glad I could help :)

Lydia [JG said:
" post_id=432666 time=1679809947 user_id=57]

Thank you, Lydia!

Just to make sure, for VVVV-EEEE-SSS-UUUU-DDDHH-HEEEEE, it's written as "s" but it's a "sh" sound like shirt right?

Like VoiceofEnki wrote it :"Vishuddhi"

Powerofjustice said:
Thank you, Lydia!

Just to make sure, for VVVV-EEEE-SSS-UUUU-DDDHH-HEEEEE, it's written as "s" but it's a "sh" sound like shirt right?

Like VoiceofEnki wrote it :"Vishuddhi"

No. S. I clarified above.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back