Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I suspect mantras work even if you don't focus

Hi guys

I don't know if I am right, but I suspect mantras work even if you don't focus on the right area.

Like vibrating PTAH even without focusing on pineal gland, I think it still might work.

Or vibrating RAUM even without focusing on solar chakra.
Like simply vibrating the mantra is enough for it to work.

Do you think I'm correct? Yes? No?
If correct, then what is the point of focusing on the chakra during the vibration?

I suspect it might be the same reason bodybuilders talk about mind muscle connection while lifting weights.

Simply lifting weights is enough, but lifting weights while focusing on the muscle, gets a deeper focus on that muscle and allows to not let other muscles interfere. Its not necessary, but helps.

What do you think guys?

The point of focus is that with focus you get the intended result. When you fire a firearm randomly, yes, the weapon works, but you will not hit anything specific. When you aim and fire at a specific point, the projectile hits the point. The same with mantras.

The Phantom Stranger said:
I suspect it might be the same reason bodybuilders talk about mind muscle connection while lifting weights.

Simply lifting weights is enough, but lifting weights while focusing on the muscle, gets a deeper focus on that muscle and allows to not let other muscles interfere. Its not necessary, but helps.

What do you think guys?

ABSURDLY agree.

me swimming in a river around there didn't think my breath was so high, i vibrated uruz 20x and sowilo 20x for extreme energy and swimming professionally my words and visualization were not so thought out and i was without so much vigor at that moment, it worked perfectly and swam frequently for hours, without ceremony.

besides that my aura in just a few months of daily meditation and really focused on it already built an excellent power to me, i don't need to vibrate sowilo or things like that to have my health almost instantly resolved

i just recite almost without pretense
“my health is perfect and healthy in every way”
5x or 10x

flu, or whatever it is that doesn't have something urgent, if it's more "impacting", i don't stop using instruments given by satan

but being the ideal of how to do certain things really makes a difference and doesn't have to be neglected

It's definitely the intent that matters here. For instance take into consideration our Rtrs. Some people may do 100 of them with no intent or focus and although they've done many, they still aren't as effective as the person who did only one, but with full focus and intent.

What you're doing essentially is forming energy that you are programming, and you're pouring into it a formula of emotions, affirmations, and intentions and then directing it to achieve a set purpose.

Look at mediating on your Chakras in a similar fashion. You're not going to get very good results if you aren't focusing on the very thing you're trying to open,heal or empower. It's important to focus. This is why void meditation is so important. The art of focus quiets the din going through your mind. which enables your workings to be that much more important and effective.

Look upon focusing as giving directions. We all know catastrophy ensues when someone throws instructions to the wind and then tries to embark on a journey not knowing where they are going first. Your energy will be in a similar state, unsure where to go if it's not given directions. It may get lost or deliver unwanted results because it had no clear instructions.

Basically focusing during any meditation, or working is highly essential and is very much needed and important.

If you do not focus you do not advance and just become complacent with stagnation. Focus and attention is very important and can become a tunnel of immersion to impressive power and ability.

True to an extent, yes. But the focus makes it more direct.

Where the mind is focused((especially when the mind is trained)), power goes to that area. The more intense the focus the better, though don’t strain yourself

So doing it indirectly like you said, yeah it can work to an extent but when you focus your mind on a specific area, you’re giving it even more power and getting more in tune with it.

It’s more powerful to do it while focusing on the specific areas instead of just doing it without.

I think some are making it unnecessarily complicated and missing the point. I haven't been here long, but from what I understand a mantra is energy in the form of a particular sound, each energy sound has it's own 'desired' effect eg: The mantra VAUM energizes the Sacral Chakra, but it must be consciously directed because energy without purpose is chaos and has no meaning. Look at the universe around us how energy is always in constant motion and purpose. The whole idea of the universe is to bring purpose and meaning to chaos as when it was when it first came into being. We as higher beings with a consciousness are the example of this order and purpose when directing this energy when doing meditation.

I should also add, that as 'higher beings' we are duty bound by the laws of the universe to spiritually advance - this is the message from the Gods.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back