Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

a question on the perfect blend of intelligence and wisdom, sisyphus

Big Dipper

In the dark. With the Pearls and the Sharks.
Since I found out mythology is used to teach us how to develop properly, I've been looking at the story of sisyphus, where someone was really smart but was damned for eternity for not being wise enough to know what he *shouldn't* do.

It made me realize that intelligence is there to tell us what we can and can't do, and wisdom is here to tell us what we should and shouldn't do.

Sisyphus was a Genius If only he had some wisdom about him he wouldn't have been damned for eternity.

But what im wondering is if there are any stories where one has a lot of wisdom but suffers from no intelligence. are there any?

Intelligence is one's capacity for learning and understanding. Wisdom aids in judgement and is gained from experience. Morality is concerned with what one should and shouldn't do. Ability, boundaries, and limits are what determine what we can and can't do.

I'm not certain on this, but the myth of Sysyphus and the boulder may be related to karma.

There are plenty of stories containing characters who aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but are still wise. There's plenty of people like that in every day life too. You don't have to be a genius to become wise, thankfully.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back