Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Using anger when doing something physically

JoS Cyber Security said:
Is something wrong if i use anger while punching a boxing bag or when lifting weights?

No. It's called venting and channeling your anger in a constructive and healthy way without having to go to jail for breaking someone else's property or their face instead.

There are literally what they call rage rooms in some places where you can pay a fee to smash hit destroy whatever objects within a certain space for a certain amount of time to blow off steam.

I have seriously considered these in the recent past and just might find one pretty soon myself..

JoS Cyber Security said:
Is something wrong if i use anger while punching a boxing bag or when lifting weights?

I'd say as long as it's a good outlet for your anger, use the boxing bag. Might not be a good idea to lift weights when you are angry, as you could drop them.

You could also take up other forms of exercise like running and cycling to help vent the anger properly.

Focusing on void meditation as you are able to, to help in managing anger and other emotions properly, would be good as well.
You could channel your anger into the boxing bag.

It's definitely normal and always a good idea to channel your anger into healthy and safe activities. So yeah go for it, boxing, exercising whatever you want along those lines, as long as it's healthy and safe. If you're dedicated, also I'd highly recommend channeling the anger into Rtrs against the enemy as well. That can help remove a lot of anger, it always makes me feel much calmer after I do a few rounds of rtrs when I'm angry, But as I said you have to be dedicated to do the rtrs. So I'd hold off on them if you aren't yet. For safety reasons. Good luck!

Shadowcat said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

No. It's called venting and channeling your anger in a constructive and healthy way without having to go to jail for breaking someone else's property or their face instead.

There are literally what they call rage rooms in some places where you can pay a fee to smash hit destroy whatever objects within a certain space for a certain amount of time to blow off steam.

I have seriously considered these in the recent past and just might find one pretty soon myself..

In my opinion, this is wrong because mental negativity also manifests itself biochemically in the physical body.

Sadhguru said that five minutes of intense anger produces a huge amount of toxic substances in the body.

A philosopher said that there are mothers who have poisoned their children with their own milk by being in intense anger while breastfeeding. (I don't know if this is true but you can be sure that the effects of the mind on the body are enormous).

Sunny said:
Shadowcat said:
JoS Cyber Security said:

I believe anger to generally be a reaction to stress or obstacles. In this case, the anger which Shadowcat is referring to is something which already exists and is being expressed to avoid repression.

So yes, it is unfortunate to have such stress within the person, but I don't think expression of that is the source of negativity itself. Imagine that arises to combat an enemy, and this is an example of a positive expression.

Both excess anger and repressed anger are found in the astrological chart, so this is something everyone has to deal with in one way or another. Yes, we should not let ourselves be carried away with excess anger or negative destructive tendencies, but there is a fine line of balance to avoid repression.

I would be careful with Sadhguru has he can have a tendency to lean towards New Age beliefs. From our perspective, we know that we can channel anger appropriately by working on our soul, such as removing karma associated with this, working on our health, working on our discipline, etc.

Sadhguru and other New Age people may just say "avoid anger" and give nothing else. Yes, they identified the problem, but they did not provide an adequate solution. Ultimately, anger is a yang aspect of existence which is to balanced by yin elements. The Libra element of the kidneys balances the Aries element through neutralization of toxins, yet Aries is also known for winning battles, creating bravery, creating life, and providing an aspect of vitality.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=426818 time=1677263813 user_id=21286]
Sunny said:
Shadowcat said:

I believe anger to generally be a reaction to stress or obstacles. In this case, the anger which Shadowcat is referring to is something which already exists and is being expressed to avoid repression.

So yes, it is unfortunate to have such stress within the person, but I don't think expression of that is the source of negativity itself. Imagine that arises to combat an enemy, and this is an example of a positive expression.

Both excess anger and repressed anger are found in the astrological chart, so this is something everyone has to deal with in one way or another. Yes, we should not let ourselves be carried away with excess anger or negative destructive tendencies, but there is a fine line of balance to avoid repression.

I would be careful with Sadhguru has he can have a tendency to lean towards New Age beliefs. From our perspective, we know that we can channel anger appropriately by working on our soul, such as removing karma associated with this, working on our health, working on our discipline, etc.

Sadhguru and other New Age people may just say "avoid anger" and give nothing else. Yes, they identified the problem, but they did not provide an adequate solution. Ultimately, anger is a yang aspect of existence which is to balanced by yin elements. The Libra element of the kidneys balances the Aries element through neutralization of toxins, yet Aries is also known for winning battles, creating bravery, creating life, and providing an aspect of vitality.

I am studying and exploring the mind, so I answered from that point of view. I have heard of people who have literally died from intense and too prolonged stress.

Sunny said:
Blitzkreig [JG said:
Sunny said:

I am studying and exploring the mind, so I answered from that point of view. I have heard of people who have literally died from intense and too prolonged stress.

The way I see it, this people died because they didn't use their anger appropriately. Most people repress it, some stir it and direct it to unhealthy endeavours. What needs doing is expressing anger appropriately, releasing it in a healthy way such as with spiritual warfare, and healthy Mars-related activities. These are only two example of healthy expressions of anger.

Stormblood said:
Sunny said:
Blitzkreig [JG said:

The way I see it, this people died because they didn't use their anger appropriately. Most people repress it, some stir it and direct it to unhealthy endeavours. What needs doing is expressing anger appropriately, releasing it in a healthy way such as with spiritual warfare, and healthy Mars-related activities. These are only two example of healthy expressions of anger.

I think sadness and fear are worse than anger, however, yes, they did not use their emotions correctly. One such example is a guy who lost a parent or family (the friend who told me this did not know many details) and he was very depressed and sad all the time and died after a few years.

However, negative emotions are not useless. For example, fear when necessary saves your life. Sadness is a somewhat stupid emotion but it serves a purpose.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back