Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Counting Program

ApolloAbove [JG]

Website
apolloabove.org
Hello,

I created a simple counting program for keeping track of where you are in longer workings. It tracks the exact date and time of every repetition. We've all been in a situation where you have a momentary lapse in concentration, and aren't sure if you already counted a rep, or not. This can be a deal breaker for a planetary square working.

The program was designed with simplicity in mind, and ensuring you always remember which rep you were on.

counter2.png

Here are the features:
  • Tap Enter (or spacebar) to increase the counter
  • Tap Escape to reset the counter to zero, tap it twice to fully reset it.
  • Every time you "count" the program records the exact date and time
  • Once you reset the counter, a small bit of text will appear letting you know the last rep you were on, in case you accidentally reset
  • An option to audibly count whatever rep you are on (With options to change voice and speed)
  • A history box that shows the exact time when each rep was counted
  • A real-time clock
  • A timeline of reps counted which helps you keep track of how much time has elapsed
  • A "Mini Mode" that shrinks the program down to a smaller size

At the moment, the additional features in the options menu are disabled, since I kept thinking of more things to add, as opposed to actually releasing it. They will come in future versions.

Of course, I have also provided the entire source code for your leisure. Feel free to extend or rewrite it. This program does not auto-update, nor send any telemetry.
The program was produced in Visual Basic, using Visual Studio. I will provide the Visual Studio Solution for you as well, which includes the entire source code, and extends the opportunity for you to modify the program as you please.

Download
The program: https://apolloabove.org/Counter.zip
The source code: https://apolloabove.org/CounterSource.zip

How to run it
1. Download the program and place it somewhere on your computer.
2. Extract the zip archive, you should have a single folder called Counter.
3. Open the folder, and look for a blue Fehu icon, that is the application.
4. Windows SmartScreen will pop up, it is safe to run it anyways. At the moment there is nothing I can do to remove the warning.

DeepScrub said:

The image is missing from your post.

For others: I have tested this program and like it a lot. The key point here is that you can use this when doing Squares, alongside the Master Squares app, to help you keep count.

Because the counter audibly speaks the number of your repetition, and because it shows when your last rep was, this helps prevent losing count or other confusion about which rep you may be on.

DeepScrub said:
Hello,

I created a simple counting program for keeping track of where you are in longer workings. It tracks the exact date and time of every repetition.

This is actually very helpful. I've been writing on my hand for each rep lol. What I do is I put one line down for five then another for another five then I put a line through the middle of both lines making it into an H. If I have say 100+ then there will be at least 10 H's drawn. If I lost count I'd count how many H's I had. But it didn't always help because while counting sometimes I wasn't sure if I'd missed a number or not. This seems much more effective lol. Thank you for sharing this!

SapphireDragon said:
This is actually very helpful. I've been writing on my hand for each rep lol. What I do is I put one line down for five then another for another five then I put a line through the middle of both lines making it into an H. If I have say 100+ then there will be at least 10 H's drawn. If I lost count I'd count how many H's I had. But it didn't always help because while counting sometimes I wasn't sure if I'd missed a number or not. This seems much more effective lol. Thank you for sharing this!

No problem, happy to help. I was using the calculator app on my computer to count haha.

Although I am used with the counting system I have, I will use this too as it looks great.

It's great when SS puts their talent to work for the community :D . Thank you for your work and your time to provide us with a beautiful and useful tool.

Is there a mirror for the application?
The link is currently broken.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back