Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Using Squares not listed on the calendar?

Blitzkreig [JG]

Moving this into a separate discussion, due to the usefulness here.

Catalincata94 said:
Um, why not using sun in leo or aries instead of sagittarius? because the sun rules leo and aries is an exalted sign... and on the JOS calendar it only shows the sun planetary squares when the sun is in leo or aries.

Just because the Sun is currently in Sagittarius and it is still a fire sign. As long as the energy is not in a detrimental or fall sign, or if it doesn't contradict your goals, then it can be useful. It is still solar energy, but it is acting in a Sagittarius manner, or you can think that it is solar energy fueling the Sagittarius part of your soul.

Doing it in a Square format is more efficient than a 40 day working, but of course you can only do this during certain times of the year.

Sun in Sagittarius is not as useful for willpower, nor it is a fixed energy like Leo is. Yet, for the purpose of increasing your vitality, you can certainly use it.

We can see people who have all sorts of Sun signs, so there is a general utility to all of these types of solar energy. Perhaps the Sun in Leo gives 100% vitality, but the Sun in Sag. only gives 75% as much. Yet, since you are adding this to your soul in a fully positive manner, then it still adds on top of your previous vitality.

--------------------

Feel free to read more about all the Sun sides, or other planetary signs. This will show you how each energy type can be useful.

The Sun is unique in that its energies can fuel anything, which is why the solar chakra is the source of vitality for the soul. It empowers all nadis.

For other planets, you can do their squares outside their signs, but there isn't always a good or obvious use for them.

Another example of a non-traditional square is Mercury in Scorpio, which I have started for improving my focus and it is working very well.

Both Jupiter in Aries or Taurus can be used for increasing vitality as well. Knowing Jupiter, it basically expands those areas of your soul, or areas of your life. With Taurus, this can also include wealth, especially stable forms.

Mars is also very useful from a work perspective. Mars in Virgo or Gemini can be good at processing text, reading, and writing, for example, which is something that we do a lot in this digital world. Mars in Leo can be used for increased vitality, willpower, or energy as well, and this will be available next year.

I would like to add as some first hand experience that these do in fact work. I have personally performed quite a few squares now while planets are in non-home signs. I think all JoS members should be aware that there are more opportunities to perform workings than listed on the calendar.

But mind Blitz's words carefully, and consider how a planet would operate in a sign first before starting the square. However, I do admit that by structuring the affirmation correctly, you will mitigate any negative effects.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back