Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Retro games

NeonBlue

I think that retro games might have less programming in them. I hope I havent stepped on a landmine here. I enjoyed master of magic and shadowrun dragonfall. I saw some of the new games out there like Dragonball, cyberpunk 2077, some horror games and berserk and while they arent bad games I wanted to hear peoples opinions on the older games.

What are your favorite ones?

That you should play them if you want but always know that they're a total waste of time.

I think you will find that most people here don't have much free time, and certainly not enough time to get involved with video games much.

Powerofjustice said:

I think you will find that most people here don't have much free time, and certainly not enough time to get involved with video games much.

I think that's true for the utterly most serious Satanists who are occupied with rituals and moderation of this forum.
Not for me though, not yet anyway :) I love games and retro games with oldschool pixel graphics are amongst my favorites.
Those will probably be enjoyed even when we have real life looking VR games, which we almost have by now.

Aquarius said:
That you should play them if you want but always know that they're a total waste of time.
I think we should have a bit of fun once in a while. If you have a good routine where you do most of the things you must do, it will help you set a bit of fun time too. We can't work work work or it will get boring.

luis said:
Aquarius said:
I think we should have a bit of fun once in a while. If you have a good routine where you do most of the things you must do, it will help you set a bit of fun time too. We can't work work work or it will get boring.
There are many ways to entertain yourself that can give something back in return, videogames are just a literal waste of time, I never said don't do it, just that if you do it keep that in mind.

Aquarius said:
luis said:
Aquarius said:
There are many ways to entertain yourself that can give something back in return, videogames are just a literal waste of time, I never said don't do it, just that if you do it keep that in mind.
I don't really game. Like once in a blue moon but I still think we should not be this strict. I've read Hoodedcobra liking some games and just saying he does not have enough time to do it now. I just think entertainment is part of human nature, even reading a book could be wasting your time (I mean like a novel not a book about learning skills) but we still have creative people making them and still others enjoying the stories. Same thing with games.

Competitive/Player vs player games get me in a state of focus and engagement that's difficult to achieve in other ways.

SunAndMoon said:
I think that retro games might have less programming in them. I hope I havent stepped on a landmine here. I enjoyed master of magic and shadowrun dragonfall. I saw some of the new games out there like Dragonball, cyberpunk 2077, some horror games and berserk and while they arent bad games I wanted to hear peoples opinions on the older games.

What are your favorite ones?

My favorite retro games are, at least those are some of them that I can mention right now:

1. Tetris
1200px-Typical_Tetris_Game.svg.png

2. Chicken Invaders (all the series from 1 to Universe)
5bbfbf0ae0eb0a0fe0da9f1bd978aa6bc6d73c86.jpeg

3. Magic Rush: Heroes
0Qd_7Z_d-l4PohrCALJcBlCmH66A1cOhZEk4WZhNTVTzP7ZjFLdOyrDLJVwWgcmkIHo

And

4. Goodgame Empire
200802_goodgame_empire_10_jahre_1.jpeg

Those are 4 of the most loved games by me that I played.

Basically, some games aren't bad at all and there is no problem if we play on them, just, be reasonable with your time and don't forget to do meditations, and also be reasonable with your money, since the Jewish game industry that made Fortnite or Candy Crush (the whole Saga, in my opinion) want us to both waste time by playing hours and hours continuously and also buy boosters and gold bars that are not useful in real life.

luis said:
Aquarius said:
luis said:
I don't really game. Like once in a blue moon but I still think we should not be this strict. I've read Hoodedcobra liking some games and just saying he does not have enough time to do it now. I just think entertainment is part of human nature, even reading a book could be wasting your time (I mean like a novel not a book about learning skills) but we still have creative people making them and still others enjoying the stories. Same thing with games.
Are you perhaps not understanding me? I never said not to play, I don't even have that authority over anyone, I just told you that it's completely wasted time, there is no return on gaming, just a void of knowing you'll never get that time back you spent on gaming. Yes HC said he doesn't have time for it anymore, he also said that it was a waste of time, as I'm telling you now.

Aquarius said:
luis said:
Aquarius said:
Are you perhaps not understanding me? I never said not to play, I don't even have that authority over anyone, I just told you that it's completely wasted time, there is no return on gaming, just a void of knowing you'll never get that time back you spent on gaming. Yes HC said he doesn't have time for it anymore, he also said that it was a waste of time, as I'm telling you now.
I'm understanding. I just said while it is a 'waste' of time, we humans have creative urges like making novels, songs and so on and other people read and listen to them. Those are waste of time too, especially if you do this all the time instead of doing something useful but you wouldn't say to someone stop reading or listening to music. This is why I said Games are good but only if you don't spend all the time on them.

Asurya said:
Competitive/Player vs player games get me in a state of focus and engagement that's difficult to achieve in other ways.
You should try sports then.

I realize it's a waste of time, but some games seem to be a creative outlet.

The bad part is that creativity is limited by the limitations of the game itself, and basically any progress I make stays in the game and is itself useless.

How could I express my creativity?
Advice?

Vira_ said:

The bad part is that creativity is limited by the limitations of the game itself, and basically any progress I make stays in the game and is itself useless.

Advice?

Learn how to make your own video game...

"Waste of time" well I think that depends. If there is zero enjoyment, inspiration or brain training from it then I would agree, but not if the opposite is true.

For example: Puyo Puyo 2 on the Sega Genesis is an excellent fast puzzle game you have to use logic to beat.
30007_5bfe07147d1cf258a787b90e7ebb2cf3dc77c73a.png

Would not describe that one as a "waste of time" since it's challenging your logic, like other games can do also.
I do not play for that long or often, but now and then I think it can be both relaxing, inspirational and good for training focus, reaction, logic etc.

I do have a friend who plays a lot of this "World of Warcraft" though while drinking a lot of wine and thus wasting time more or less with that, which could be better spent on meditation, reading and so on. But it's his life.

The Legend of Zelda games, specially the N64 era ones. They are works of art of great taste, and there's also some European and Japanese mysticism in them which is all the better.

So many good points all over. About how games can sharpen the mind and also a good deal about how we use our time. Now thats a big one but Im really not talking about 24 hour marathons of games here but instead about the state of where one has tried and tried and now its time to rest and enjoy something.

Its definitely better to meditate and rtr of course but you cant just not do anything else right? Just make sure you do a few shades more in meditations and rtrs. But I understand that it takes time, encouragement and effort to make people realise that meditation actually works and people just dont realise that.

luis said:
Aquarius said:
luis said:
I'm understanding. I just said while it is a 'waste' of time, we humans have creative urges like making novels, songs and so on and other people read and listen to them. Those are waste of time too, especially if you do this all the time instead of doing something useful but you wouldn't say to someone stop reading or listening to music. This is why I said Games are good but only if you don't spend all the time on them.
Music and books aren't a waste of time and I don't consider them as such. Perhaps you'll understand it in time that one form of entertainment is not equal to another.

Aquarius said:
luis said:
Aquarius said:
Music and books aren't a waste of time and I don't consider them as such. Perhaps you'll understand it in time that one form of entertainment is not equal to another.
There are various games and the same with books. Then there is the social aspect to both of these worlds. Saying that games are a waste of time is your viewpoint, but it does not make it objectively the truth.

Vira_ said:

Advice?

You can try to use Yahaha to create your games.

It is mostly free and it contains a lot of assets, from levels to elements that can be added such as heries, villains or neutral characters, treasures, rewards, and also objects that can.be hudden in your level, or objects in which you can hide with your character, if you play hide and seek there.

Speaking of creating games, one can also mod already made games and make maps for it.
Here is a project I was working on for the game Duke Nukem 3D. I did my own apartment in 3D (that's where you start off):
https://odysee.com/@xlnt666:7/flashlight_duke_project:c

I also added a flashlight and replaced sprites/sounds for the weapons of the original game.
This project never got "finished" though but it was fun anyways. Now you get to see how I live :)
Hunted by those alien bastards.

NakedPluto said:
My childhood game was Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Mines too! :D

Always loved to play it in the network with my friends when I was having g free time. And I steel do that today.

The thing that always fascinated me about that game was the capacity of going anywhere and combine strategy with magical powers.

Though some of them were fictions, as in like any other games, some reassembled real powers like the lightning bolt spell which in my opinion seems like the elektrokinesis.

Ah... what a series of good flashbacks you gave to me :)

For Erathia my friends, we gotta save Erathia! :)

Asurya said:
Henu the Great said:
Asurya said:

What makes you think I don't?
You might want to look into dopamine detox if you can't stay in the zone during sports training and competition.

Henu the Great said:
Asurya said:
Henu the Great said:

What makes you think I don't?
You might want to look into dopamine detox if you can't stay in the zone during sports training and competition.

Sports require partners and arranged meeting times, training centers to pay for (depending on the sport), rest, nutrition etc etc...

They're completely different activities and experiences...

Henu the Great said:
There are various games and the same with books. Then there is the social aspect to both of these worlds. Saying that games are a waste of time is your viewpoint, but it does not make it objectively the truth.

I don't get why you would say that to me and then this to him.
It has me a bit confused on where you stand.

Aquarius said:

I agree. Can there be better “game” than reality? If someone would realise that there is no such thing, video games then appears as total time waste.

TerKorian666 said:
Aquarius said:

I agree. Can there be better “game” than reality? If someone would realise that there is no such thing, video games then appears as total time waste.
It literally becomes strange to play games after you get to know the satisfaction of progressing your real life.

Asurya said:
Sports require partners and arranged meeting times, training centers to pay for (depending on the sport), rest, nutrition etc etc...

They're completely different activities and experiences...
I am talking about what sports are in essence, the process therein, and the required focus. Not much different than competitive gaming.

I don't get why you would say that to me and then this to him.
It has me a bit confused on where you stand.
All I am saying is that if you have a hard time focusing on other than high dopamine activities, it could help you to lower the threshold and as a result be able to focus on other activities as well.

Henu the Great said:
Aquarius said:
luis said:

Games and books? Mentioning these together reminds me of text adventures! I dont mean to fuss I was just feeling nostalgic. Sometimes you can get alot of interesting ideas and motivations from entertainment and it really helps to express yourself in some ways. Shutting off from the world doesnt really help right?

I need to add that its a fact that games can help with ideas, concepts and such even if it sounds silly at first. Mainly these things keep the mind sharp as strategy games and puzzle type games.

Different types of entertainment were never made to be equal to one another as they all have different types of effects and appeals. Also entertainment can introduce concepts that are abstract or more clearly defined and get people thinking. There are other ways, plenty of them Im not saying we should go crazy on games here.

The cool thing about your time is that you yourself get to decide if the way you spend it is a waste or not. I'm at a level of perception where I can gain a lot from a video game that aids in my spiritual growth and understanding. Thus for me I don't consider the time wasted because I gained from the time investment. I would certainly agree that investing your time is wasteful if you don't gain anything, or if nothing fruitful comes from it. If it helps you or someone else then is it truly wasted time? I don't think it is, personally.

Goblock said:
I sent you another message, I don't know if this or the previous one will be approved first.

Double-checking your signature refers to a cult of human sacrifice in India (possibly a jewish-gypsy infiltration of the time in India).
A cult of thieves and human sacrifices, who knows who might remember all that?

Then nyarlathotep is a "dark deity" invented by a writer, perhaps blaspheming the name of Thoth, putting him in the middle.

Vira_ said:
Goblock said:

Double-checking your signature refers to a cult of human sacrifice in India (possibly a jewish-gypsy infiltration of the time in India).

Then nyarlathotep is a "dark deity" invented by a writer, perhaps blaspheming the name of Thoth, putting him in the middle.

Yea that is highly blasphemous and disgusting and don't belong here.

Video games have interactive properties that are exclusive to the medium that is not present anywhere else and when certain elements are present I think these can be considered art. However most games are designed for entertainment & addiction purposes with the intent of maximizing profits from consumers.

Games that have strong narratives or mechanics that incentivize the user to tap into their creativity and make it manifest in the simulation can have similar psychological effects to other mediums of art.

In the example of a story-driven game, one can experience emotional responses to witnessing this story develop in the same way one can experience these by reading a fantasy book. Shocking and/or emotional scenes in these can elicit similar responses from viewers as a disturbing/emotional painting.

But these are all things of the past as games are no longer developed by artists, writers and creative people. Nowadays games are developed by teams of psychologists who finely craft virtual experiences designed to overload your brain with dopamine to cause addiction and dependency on these "games", which typically involve high prices for simple features and mechanics of the game. Modern games being infested with gambling and addictive features are not an accident.

Games could be considered art at some point, but now are reduced to simply being lucrative products. Even most developers independent from jewish companies are developing games in this way.

Modern games are primarily designed to be like addictive drugs and are far more damaging to one's psyche and brain functions than most people believe. People who have completely fried their brains with the extreme overload of dopamine have lost all will and desire to accomplish anything in real life and are complete slaves to these dopamine buttons in the form of games.

Look at the biggest losers, neets and failures in the age-group of around 20-40 and almost all of them have one thing in common. They all play these fucking "games" on a daily basis. And like any drug addict, they become extremely hostile when you criticize their drug and their addiction.

Dahaarkan said:
Video games have interactive properties that are exclusive to the medium that is not present anywhere else and when certain elements are present I think these can be considered art. However most games are designed for entertainment & addiction purposes with the intent of maximizing profits from consumers.

Games that have strong narratives or mechanics that incentivize the user to tap into their creativity and make it manifest in the simulation can have similar psychological effects to other mediums of art.

In the example of a story-driven game, one can experience emotional responses to witnessing this story develop in the same way one can experience these by reading a fantasy book. Shocking and/or emotional scenes in these can elicit similar responses from viewers as a disturbing/emotional painting.

But these are all things of the past as games are no longer developed by artists, writers and creative people. Nowadays games are developed by teams of psychologists who finely craft virtual experiences designed to overload your brain with dopamine to cause addiction and dependency on these "games", which typically involve high prices for simple features and mechanics of the game. Modern games being infested with gambling and addictive features are not an accident.

Games could be considered art at some point, but now are reduced to simply being lucrative products. Even most developers independent from jewish companies are developing games in this way.

Modern games are primarily designed to be like addictive drugs and are far more damaging to one's psyche and brain functions than most people believe. People who have completely fried their brains with the extreme overload of dopamine have lost all will and desire to accomplish anything in real life and are complete slaves to these dopamine buttons in the form of games.

Look at the biggest losers, neets and failures in the age-group of around 20-40 and almost all of them have one thing in common. They all play these fucking "games" on a daily basis. And like any drug addict, they become extremely hostile when you criticize their drug and their addiction.

This goes a bit offtopic, but I would not say that all modern games are like that even if many of them today are.
Such addictive games you describe are for example World of Warcraft and Fortnite where people actually buy items/upgrades/characters and get hooked by various rewards in the game.

My favorite modern games are Skate 3, Dishonored and Starcraft 2. None of them are like that, except some people might get a bit too hooked on Starcraft 2, but I don't think that's the game's fault.

On a side note, the reason I never finished the project I mentioned in this thread must be this: nobody gives a shit :p

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=405519 time=1670833259 user_id=21286]
Vira_ said:

jrvan said:

Just keep in mind that this user Goblock has admitted to trolling JoS and other attempts to waste time and energy of genuine SS.

There is a limit to the amount of attention that should be given to someone who abuses this very thing.

I just dont get why folks are allowed to post that kind of thing! It makes the forum look psycho as people look at those images and easily get the wrong idea then they spin an excuse and change the profile so things "look different later" and boom the image is gone leaving the guys that spotted it looking confused.

Goblock said:
Vira_ said:
Goblock said:
I sent you another message, I don't know if this or the previous one will be approved first.

no it doesnt refer to cult of human sacrifice i dont know where you got that from i explain in my other message to you it is kali and order of nine angels. i dont think nyarlathotep is blaspheme of thoth that wasnt intention, i just like hp lovecraft so i put this god in signature, like i say he is probably actually a thoughtform right now. you are kinda speculating that i am referencing and secret blaspheme the gods when this isnt true their are secret references in my posts and signature but not the ones you refer to.

In any case that signature picture of yours depicts a murderous being, and is thus not really in line with what Spiritual Satanism is (not about evil, spooks, monsters etc.)
So I (and others apparently) do find it suspicious of you having a signature picture of what looks like a murderous evil human slaying monster.
Not that strange.

xlnt said:
Goblock said:
Vira_ said:

no it doesnt refer to cult of human sacrifice i dont know where you got that from i explain in my other message to you it is kali and order of nine angels. i dont think nyarlathotep is blaspheme of thoth that wasnt intention, i just like hp lovecraft so i put this god in signature, like i say he is probably actually a thoughtform right now. you are kinda speculating that i am referencing and secret blaspheme the gods when this isnt true their are secret references in my posts and signature but not the ones you refer to.

In any case that signature picture of yours depicts a murderous being, and is thus not really in line with what Spiritual Satanism is (not about evil, spooks, monsters etc.)
So I (and others apparently) do find it suspicious of you having a signature picture of what looks like a murderous evil human slaying monster.
Not that strange.

That's a common image of the Hindu Goddess Kali. There are spiritual symbolic meanings behind it. Shiva is depicted lying on the ground as well, which is also symbolic. There is nothing suspicious about this picture specifically that I am aware of.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back