Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What is the difference between self-awareness and consciousness

V12-POWER

while to some this might be a beginners question, this just popped out in my mind.

im particularly confused about animals which are capable of being self-aware, then those animals, chimpanzees for example, go to a mirror and realize "hey thats me"

what is the correlation of this and being actually able to think and be conscious of ones self and the environment? im not getting it, and i can't seem to draw a line between self awareness and consciousness, to me they're closely related concepts and this is good if you see animals as just purely instictive, zero reasoning/non-thinking beings, but when you sit and think it cant be so vague, so I was left without an answer, what kind of consciousness do animals have?

and another good one, how is human consciousness related to the IQ. we know the average is 100 and anything below 80 is most likely a person with mental problems, I also do believe that lower IQ people have much lower social inhibition and act more "instinctively" just like animals do, could be wrong but that makes some sort of sense doesnt it?

lets suppose a chimpanzee with an iq of 100 is born. Would this chimp be able to act more humanly? and better yet, would this chimp have a consciousness that's more closely related to humans? or is IQ just not related to consiousness altogether.

im failing to gather all the pieces of what makes us conscious and able to think and at the same time different to them. yes, I know we are not evolutions of a chimp, we have a soul and our brains are much more powerful. but is that all there is to it? just more "horespower" in a sense. I might be downplaying the fact that Satan created us though, but I want to understand animals and what the hell goes through their minds.

of course im talking about the average person not an advanced SS who is on another level. Someone who is totally undeveloped spiritually, a christard, whatever.

The way I see it; one has to have consciousness in order to be self-aware. Self-awareness is an effect of being conscious, since without consciousness there can be no awareness of neither oneself or anything else.

From meditation we can expand our consciousness and thus also expand not only our self-awareness but also awareness in general of the world around us. Most people here are probably more aware of themselves and the world at large than the average NPC who goes on autopilot and never meditate or care about the big questions in life.
The latter is the type of person the Jew want us to be like; an animal acting on instinct instead of awareness.

Self awareness is when you realize/notice your own mistake. Consciousness is when you realize/notice someone else's mistake.

Self awareness has more to do with observation of oneself. Consciousness has more to do with observation of one's surroundings.

You are not your mind. Your mind is a tool to use for working out problems. In void meditation you are the consciousness that watches your mind. Our consciousness is not inside of our bodies. There is no part of the brain that stores memories. Our consciousness is out in the field. We are connected to the ether which is consciousness and are one with it. Our DNA is like an antenna that downloads our consciousness for us to experience physically. So we are both physical and non physical. Consciousness is our Spiritual aspect.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back