Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Forced to change my Forums Password again, anyone else?

Betelgeuse

I tried to log on the forums and I was forced to change my password again, just like we had to not too long ago because of the enemy trying to hack into our accounts. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes, yesterday it asked me to change the password again and if I didn't do it I couldn't continue posting, I don't know if it's a bug or the forum is being attacked again.

I think that HP HC did mention that it is going to be mandatory, to change your pw every month since the breach.

However I dont like to do this every month. Im barely used to my new pw and I already had to change it.

Flint said:
I've had to make a new account after it failed to use my old password and older account.

Same, as well as proton not letting mails from the forums get through

Lunar Dance 666 said:
I think that HP HC did mention that it is going to be mandatory, to change your pw every month since the breach.

However I dont like to do this every month. Im barely used to my new pw and I already had to change it.

Building passwords isn't the problem, I can easily make a long passwords.

Once a month is kinda long. What you can do is open up notepad and type in your password on the top. Then keep repeating by typing it till it's rote. Maximum password is 30, even 30 in muscle memory can be done.

You can keep the same password and change things around or add things to it. For example make sure you have a good amount of numbers, symbols, and letters both capitalized and lowercase.

You can also get for example passwords from other places. Let's say you posses a piece of paper or a notebook and you write down your passwords for your websites. You can easily cross create new passwords so long as you put a decent amount of numbers, letters(capitalized/lowercase), and symbols.

It's a shame keyboards posses such small amount of symbols. It be kinda nice to posses single key numerical pad alternative keys such as a degree symbol or a alt code symbol there is probably another mountain of symbols available in alt codes.

But that is where the 30 part comes in. If you go for max sized 30-digit passwords. You got 10 numbers, 10 letter(capitalized/lowercase) and 10 symbols.

Mix and match; write down your password and keep a log of passwords then create a new one. Count it out for example minimum passwords should be about 8-digits but that isn't enough now a days many warning of 12-digit passwords. Even then going further is better up to 30 perfect, another divisible number 10/10/10. 12 is okay 4/4/4 but try and stick to a high digit password and try a good triple; numbers, symbols, and letters(capitalized/lowercase). So with numbers and symbols 4/4-10/10 but for letters 2/2-5/5 as you want to have both capitalized and lowercase to change the byte range calculation.

Either way it's not that bad.

Once a month is similar to the military and various security agencies. It's kinda like smartphones and bank card codes. Most agree that people use a 4-digit number on credit/debit cards that's range is too small sticking to the first 4 or 5 digits. Most agree credit/debit card passwords should be 8 or 9 beginning. 9376 or 8794 etc.etc. same thing happens for smartphones 4-/6- digit should begin with 8 or 9 even 7 even though most experts agree the last two numbers represent a greater password strength test. Although everyone agrees biometric(touch/face identification) is needed by some or some evolution of passwords.

Either way as long as you aren't password fatigued or you fail to keep your passwords written down and keep simple passwords it becomes annoying. But once a month might not be so bad. HP.Cobra COULD go once every 2 or 3 months or once a season Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.

I think once you get used to it mentally practice using your mind. It's not that bad. Plus most people think JoS is like a playground place. They don't realize the scope of this organization. We got people from various Governments and various kosher supervising organizations trying to hound us around the World. Even rogue anti-NatSoc groups like the crazy Euro groups like certain Balkan groups DDOS or hacking our site.

IF anything HP.Cobra is doing a service most websites don't bother implementing. Who knows how many people are in forums that are from the mid-90s-00s and still posses the same password and same username and are susceptible to hacking more so especially on a compromised electronic device. Hell they may even posses password on their phone multiple entry points.

I mean we've told people to even posses a cheapy crappy computer and think of us like a hacker group whereby you use a stealth computing to reduce attention on the outbound/inbound connection like using secure/stealth operating systems and separate PCs like we are the World's military or something doing a huge operation.

Both as a joke and not a joke. Take it seriously.

I apologize if I'm kinda stomping on you. But even HP.Cobra would agree with my message hell some of our security members would agree.

Lunar Dance 666 said:

https://keepassxc.org/

Pretty sure it's to keep things safe on the regular since there won't be really an end to the enemy trying to hack people's personal info so long as we exist, and (((they)))'re still around... Keep each new password somewhere secure so if you forget it you can at least find it again (preferably not somewhere digital).

Lunar Dance 666 said:

Well that's a relief. I thought someone was trying to hack into my account and it forced a password reset or something.

Betelgeuse said:
I tried to log on the forums and I was forced to change my password again, just like we had to not too long ago because of the enemy trying to hack into our accounts. Anyone else having this issue?
As others said, I believe it is set to be regularly recurring.

Nova666 said:

What do you mean? I could be wrong, but I do not believe the forum's webserver can handle emails. For account recovery, it is best to email HPHC directly.

Flint said:
I've had to make a new account after it failed to use my old password and older account.

Email HPHC about this, especially if your old account is the only thing which others can trust you by.

Everyone should get a password manager so they can easily use and quickly update secure passwords. If you have to remember them individually, then it is easier to fall into bad habits, such as repeating passwords or making them too short.

I forgot the new password I had set so I just made a new account. I'm going to be known as General Yeager from now on. I was previously known as Jack only. But the full name is Jack Yeager.

Yeager (Jager ) means Hunter in German.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=403337 time=1670046615 user_id=21286]

Nova666 said:

What do you mean? I could be wrong, but I do not believe the forum's webserver can handle emails. For account recovery, it is best to email HPHC directly.
Up to around April 2021 I was still receiving mails from the forums whenever a topic was added on Important Articles as well as there being a function on Board Preferences to get notified by mail. And when trying to change the password by using the "Forgot your password" it asks for an e-mail.

General Yeager said:
I forgot the new password I had set so I just made a new account. I'm going to be known as General Yeager from now on. I was previously known as Jack only. But the full name is Jack Yeager.

Yeager (Jager ) means Hunter in German.
I like it.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back