Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Alright, look folks... I wanna talk about physical strength and physique...

TJ 666

Primal said:
Look...

When we jog and get that endorphin/dopamine high, we feel good. So obviously, physical movement has a direct influence on our minds. Doing yoga has positive effects on the mind.

If the above are true, which they are and all of you agree to it... Why don't all of you take up bodybuilding/weightlifting as a valid way of advancing the soul and the mind? Seriously.

Bluntly speaking, I cannot fathom how such an intellectually advanced clan like the Joy of Satan community fail to see how incredibly important weight training is on a person's psyche, confidence, and personal powers.

Also, it'll improve your relationships with women... Trust me on that.

Agreed! A strong Body is like a temple to a strong Mind. :mrgreen:

Primal said:
Look...

When we jog and get that endorphin/dopamine high, we feel good. So obviously, physical movement has a direct influence on our minds. Doing yoga has positive effects on the mind.

If the above are true, which they are and all of you agree to it... Why don't all of you take up bodybuilding/weightlifting as a valid way of advancing the soul and the mind? Seriously.

Bluntly speaking, I cannot fathom how such an intellectually advanced clan like the Joy of Satan community fail to see how incredibly important weight training is on a person's psyche, confidence, and personal powers.

Superb post!

How do we fail to see that if we literally encourage working out?

HPS Maxine encouraged body weight exercises (pages 3478-3480):
https://satanslibrary.org/English/JoSNewsletter_Yahoo_Group_Digest.pdf

This thread in general:
https://www.ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=374199#p374199

Primal said:
Look...

This is mostly a spiritual forum, I personally do go out for runs and hit the gym.
It doesn’t really help with women directly tho, it helps indirectly because you feel good and confident and are able to make a move.
I see so many nerds out there with handsome girls, so working out just for women won‘t help you. Taking action does.

Nice post, we seek spiritual and physical perfection, working on the body is a must as well.

Primal said:
Look...

Not related, are you dedicated yet?

You're new so you fail to see that we do not fail to see the importance of a healthy physique. Many of us do work out in our own ways. Not strictly gym workouts, but otherwise as well.

A strong physique is essential when the Kundalini ascends. As a Satanist, it is imperative to keep a healthy strong physique. It has been discussed many times throughout the years by HPS Maxine, HPHC and other SS members.

There are multiple disciplines one can practice to strengthen ones physique; Yoga, Pilates, Martial Arts such as Kung Fu, Taekwondo and so on.

Having a strong and flexible body brings many benefits to ones health and spiritual progression. Satanists are very dynamic by nature. Our aim is perfection both physically and spiritually after all (Godhead).

A strong physique is not only essential when kundalini ascend, but is also useful for control and manage more vril/bioelectricity in you body. Soul and mind walk together, this is a thing dedicated people well know.
The stronger and flexible your body is, the stronger and flexible your power will be, they benefit a lot.

Primal said:
Look...

It's too much to add on to martial arts for me.
Step into a bjj gym and try to put one of their purple belts in a headlock then tell me how strong you feel.

My personal opinion is that the more you advance, the stronger your body needs to be.

Because you need a strong vessel to hold big amounts of energy.

Primal said:
Henu the Great said:
You're new so you fail to see that we do not fail to see the importance of a healthy physique. Many of us do work out in our own ways. Not strictly gym workouts, but otherwise as well.

Hey I understand that. But it's plainly obvious to me that you don't take it seriously enough to feel the need to subscribe to a gym membership. You can't maximally work your thighs with air squats. You can't fully develop your back without access to a pull-up bar.

And this kind of half-assing with shit like pilates just won't cut it. Bodybuilding is not a matter of something-is-better-than-nothing. If you greatly workout your pressing muscles through push ups and actually succeed at it, then congratulations. You created a severely imbalanced upper body with no back development.

A person aiming to do the bare minimum amount of gym-lifting time should spend time at the gym two days every week. If people can commit to that, they'll progress just fine. Unless you're specifically aiming to be an endurance athlete, you have to lift in order to be fully healthy. Muscles are a good barometer of overall health. People only started fucking it up when chemically-assisted athletes came on the scene. But in the fifties and sixties, muscularity was always tied to health. Look up guys like Eugen Sandow and other old-school bodybuilders. Muscular and healthy.

Granted, I'm a weightlifter. Not a bodybuilder. But close enough!

Look, only bodybuilding wont do any good if you want to advance. You should do yoga to have the inner pathways open.

It is possible to develop your whole body without a pullup bar. Search up the Sanchin kata.

Primal said:
F_For_Flamingo said:
My personal opinion is that the more you advance, the stronger your body needs to be.

Because you need a strong vessel to hold big amounts of energy.

And by strong, you mean big size and great strength? I agree to it, of course. But most here don't really bodybuild or strength train.

You're just looking for validation, you're begging people to spell it out for you and tell you to go lift. That's great, but its not necessary to be built like a mountain to advance.

If you want to lift and have a certain body type that's amazing. But you've made how many topics by now, asking the same thing in a different way?

Flexibility is just as important if not more, do you do any kind of yoga?

Primal said:
NinRick said:
Primal said:
Look...

This is mostly a spiritual forum, I personally do go out for runs and hit the gym.
It doesn’t really help with women directly tho, it helps indirectly because you feel good and confident and are able to make a move.
I see so many nerds out there with handsome girls, so working out just for women won‘t help you. Taking action does.

Nice post, we seek spiritual and physical perfection, working on the body is a must as well.

Hey thanks. But I do have to contend with your women assertion.

Dude no. lol. After a man reaches the minimum-level of required social competency, he's already going to be accepted by his community and social circle. People tend to overkill it by learning this "game" bullshit, but after you achieve a decent level of sociability and skill, at that point, all that will matter is your social status and your good looks. The only requirement is for you to not be a complete dork.

And these nerds you've seen who were with hot girls... They may be nerds but they sure as hell weren't fat or deformed. Being thin, to some extent, is appealing because it shows you're not getting a heart attack anytime soon. But my goodness, if that pretty girl had the choice between that weak nerd and a stud bodybuilder nerd, she'd bang the stud bodybuilder nerd instead.

Granted, some manipulation and calculation will help in seduction, but the difference is tiny compared to what social status and good looks will give you. And confidence itself comes from a solid social status.

Fake confidence comes from a solid social status.

If you lose your social status, you lose your confidence. Good looks are nice to have, but not that important for a man. I agree that a strong body gives you confidence.

True confidence comes from power, power over your body, mind, emotions. Knowing and living the truth gives you confidence. Beliving in yourself gives you confidence. Also beliving in the Gods gives you confidence.

As long as one cares what other people think of him, it is hard to truly be confident, because you are dependant on other people to be confident(im struggling witht this, but it is getting better with time)

Well atleast that are the things I belive in

Primal said:
NinRick said:
Primal said:
Look...

Not related, are you dedicated yet?

If you're talking about whether or not I did the paper burning candle ritual for Father Satan, then yes. I made a big thread about it.

Why?

"the paper burning candle ritual"
*cries within*

This was the Dedication Ritual towards Father Satan, where Satan takes you into his caring and loving Family, where you receive protection and guidance, and are free to advance as far as you like. This is something very deep and the most meaningful day in the life of many SS, as this sets the start towards a meaningful life and onto a path of profound understanding, advancement and evolution overall.

So don't call it "the paper burning candle ritual" please.

Primal said:
Look...

for validation and circle jerk go elsewhere. we all aspire to be beautiful (the true meaning of it) and yes it does mean to have a well built and defined physique.

this doesnt mean bodybuilders are the definition of beauty, they're the opposite, nobody wants to look like a roided monster.

it seems to me you're just fuckin around here though

Primal said:
Hey I understand that. But it's plainly obvious to me that you don't take it seriously enough to feel the need to subscribe to a gym membership. You can't maximally work your thighs with air squats. You can't fully develop your back without access to a pull-up bar.

And this kind of half-assing with shit like pilates just won't cut it. Bodybuilding is not a matter of something-is-better-than-nothing. If you greatly workout your pressing muscles through push ups and actually succeed at it, then congratulations. You created a severely imbalanced upper body with no back development.

A person aiming to do the bare minimum amount of gym-lifting time should spend time at the gym two days every week. If people can commit to that, they'll progress just fine. Unless you're specifically aiming to be an endurance athlete, you have to lift in order to be fully healthy. Muscles are a good barometer of overall health. People only started fucking it up when chemically-assisted athletes came on the scene. But in the fifties and sixties, muscularity was always tied to health. Look up guys like Eugen Sandow and other old-school bodybuilders. Muscular and healthy.

Granted, I'm a weightlifter. Not a bodybuilder. But close enough!
Sigh... You assume A LOT. I don't bother going into details now, but you don't have any idea about my training and what I know about the subject.

This is not as encouraged or promoted by many simply because of lack of time and wish for efficiency as far as development goes. Say you only have 1 hour a day to dedicate to physical activites(this is quite common with 9-5ers) which should you do bodybuilding/weight training or yoga(or other disciplines like martial arts, Qigong, etc) I would say do yoga. This is simply because it has the dual effect of improving your physical health along with empowering yourself spiritually while just plain weight training does not. In other words why waste your time and energy on something when there is a much more efficient and beneficial way to do things. Further through spiritual work such as a Mars square you can exponentially improve your physique much more than just doing physical training. In essence this argument encapsulates the phrase I use quite often which is "work smarter not harder."

Also as far as the women part goes there is much more to it, and you should understand that based on experience as I have read in your previous posts. Simply looking good on the exterior will do nothing if on the interior you are "ugly" so to speak. I will not validate you as Powerofjustice has said I know you want an excuse to call bodybuilding spiritual development when it isn't, for more information look to the archived post I have linked below it may be a hard truth to accept but this needs to be said after you have asked this question many times.

exercise and spiritual development: https://archive.ph/S08X4

Ave Mars

Primal said:
Look...

I've heard several guys say weightlifting per se had zero effect on success with women though.
Personally, I would say I dated more successfully as a skateboarder, but that was long ago :)
Skateboarding involves risk and living on the edge, so it's actually pretty masculine in that sense.
Does it lead to advancement of the mind and boy? Definitely.

JoS as I understand it is supportive of any activity which leads to advancement and development, weightlifting included.
HPS Maxine has mentioned she is into that also, but so are everyone who are looking to advance themselves.
The main thing JoS wants to reveal though is what true spirituality really is compared to fake xian "spirituality", and red-pill people on that first and foremost.
I guess one reason why the benefit of weightlifting is not mentioned is because its already common knowledge.
But well, not as common as one would wish these days so I would say you have a slight point there anyway actually.
Could be mentioned.

In my opinion, the best type of exercise someone can do is something they actually enjoy doing. If it feels like a chore or a monotonous routine then that's wrong in my eyes. Where is the life in that? Kids have fun while exercising, so why don't adults? Your body can get fit and train all of its muscles through use in many different disciplines. If someone has fun while dancing then they should get their exercise through dancing, if someone likes swimming, martial arts, a combination of things, etc... then they should work out primarily doing these things they enjoy. If training with weights a few times a week helps them improve and go even further in these disciplines they enjoy then all the better to invest some time towards it.

I realized this recently while running. I was only looking towards the finish line that I marked for myself. I didn't even think to take it all in and try to have fun while running like I did when I was a kid. Now I'm trying to get back to that, and it's surprisingly really difficult. After this experience, it just doesn't make sense to me anymore why exercising shouldn't be fun. It shouldn't be a robotic chore, and it's really begun to feel wrong that it is. That's how I feel about it.

Doing what you love will also craft your body in that style, like how they say someone has a "swimmer's body" and stuff like that. And speaking of physique, past a certain point, having that much muscle to maintain sounds like a pain to me. Bigger definitely isn't always better, and it's certainly not functional the way most people do bodybuilding. On a personal level, bodybuilding is not aligned with my goals. I don't train for my appearance, never have.

jrvan said:
In my opinion, the best type of exercise someone can do is something they actually enjoy doing. If it feels like a chore or a monotonous routine then that's wrong in my eyes. Where is the life in that? Kids have fun while exercising, so why don't adults? Your body can get fit and train all of its muscles through use in many different disciplines. If someone has fun while dancing then they should get their exercise through dancing, if someone likes swimming, martial arts, a combination of things, etc... then they should work out primarily doing these things they enjoy. If training with weights a few times a week helps them improve and go even further in these disciplines they enjoy then all the better to invest some time towards it.

I realized this recently while running. I was only looking towards the finish line that I marked for myself. I didn't even think to take it all in and try to have fun while running like I did when I was a kid. Now I'm trying to get back to that, and it's surprisingly really difficult. After this experience, it just doesn't make sense to me anymore why exercising shouldn't be fun. It shouldn't be a robotic chore, and it's really begun to feel wrong that it is. That's how I feel about it.

Doing what you love will also craft your body in that style, like how they say someone has a "swimmer's body" and stuff like that. And speaking of physique, past a certain point, having that much muscle to maintain sounds like a pain to me. Bigger definitely isn't always better, and it's certainly not functional the way most people do bodybuilding. On a personal level, bodybuilding is not aligned with my goals. I don't train for my appearance, never have.

I disagree with the part that it has to be fun and enjoyable.
There are days and phases where we don’t want to work out, but you still need to do it. You don’t do it because of how much fun this is, no. This is hard work and has something to do with discipline and becoming the Person you want to become.
It’s not a robotic chore, you are forging your own mind and steeling your will.
Same goes with meditations and studying.
You don’t study because it is fun, you don’t learn coding because it is fun, you don’t become an engineer because it is fun. You are working hard so you become the person you want to become.

My brother is big into Bodybuilding, and I have enjoyed Yoga, in my 5 years of training Yoga consistently, when I do step into the gym to train with my Brother, other than Weight, I have absolutely no difficulty keeping up with him.

I can also do Pull-ups, handstands, one hand pushups, work 16 hours straight. Mostly, I contribute this ability to my desire to constantly improve my physical capabilities, Through Yoga, Skateboarding, Diet, Work, and Calisthenics.

However, after watching a few of the Arnold Classics, Seeing them Big Oily Muscular Men, I want to bring entire Crowds to Awe. I know this can only be achieved with Bodybuilding and Diet.

Bravera said:
Arnold Classics, Seeing them Big Oily Muscular Men, I want to bring entire Crowds to Awe. I know this can only be achieved with Bodybuilding and Diet.
They were all on steroids.

NinRick said:
jrvan said:

There are days and phases where we don’t want to work out, but you still need to do it. You don’t do it because of how much fun this is, no. This is hard work and has something to do with discipline and becoming the Person you want to become.
You don’t study because it is fun, you don’t learn coding because it is fun, you don’t become an engineer because it is fun. You are working hard so you become the person you want to become.

Aside from mandatory school have you *ever* done anything 'just because'? Because that is what jrvn is talking about.

Working out in the gym is the most tedious and boring thing to do for me.
I have and get 0 motivation from the idea or even doing so.

Its has been said before. As an SS you don't have to go to the gym lift weights etc, but excerise in a way that suits you. Aka something that is at least somewhat fun for you to do. Because thats easiest to keep up and to have motivation for.

Being large or bulked up with weights are the not all in all criteria here OP. Many of us have outside activities like going to a gym or a park. For instance I take the process that Thoth taught me a long time ago. He said master the body before moving to weights, when that is achieved use weights as a addition but not to be bulk up. So you promote in a way bodybuilding. Cool, but there is no reason to indirectly insult everyone that spiritually advances by indicating we are not aware of bodybuilding or weight training.

We are very much aware, some may do it, but that is private. You have an idea that we must lift weights or it should be promoted as the criteria. That is specific enforcement. We don’t enforce anyone. We can advise but that is still up to the individual.

I want to add something to this about physique, and this will mostly apply to women. YOU CAN get rid of that extra weight on your butt and legs AND your cellulite. It is not a fat problem but a collagen problem. The only way to get rid of its appearance? Build muscle to push out the dimples and enhance tone. Program your body to run on fat instead of carbohydrates and get rid of sugar and junk food. Here is a post I found from a woman in AUS who got a bang-up body and swore by HIIT workouts and squats around the house. Granted she takes in a lot of carbs, but the fuel content needed for one's body to achieve the same results is dependent on the person. I personally prefer mostly keto. I also take collagen in my coffee every day which helps with cellulite over time and the joints. I have had some significant improvement so far.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9194995/Mum-two-36-reveals-four-simple-ways-toned-bum-got-rid-cellulite.html

put in the effort and go from a 5-6 to an 8-8.5 at least ;)

Shadowcat said:
I want to add something to this about physique, and this will mostly apply to women. YOU CAN get rid of that extra weight on your butt and legs AND your cellulite. It is not a fat problem but a collagen problem. The only way to get rid of its appearance? Build muscle to push out the dimples and enhance tone. Program your body to run on fat instead of carbohydrates and get rid of sugar and junk food. Here is a post I found from a woman in AUS who got a bang-up body and swore by HIIT workouts and squats around the house. Granted she takes in a lot of carbs, but the fuel content needed for one's body to achieve the same results is dependent on the person. I personally prefer mostly keto. I also take collagen in my coffee every day which helps with cellulite over time and the joints. I have had some significant improvement so far.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9194995/Mum-two-36-reveals-four-simple-ways-toned-bum-got-rid-cellulite.html

The last picture with the red bra is photoshopped. Her hips are way smaller there than in the picture of the left of it and I am pretty sure we can all agree that bones don't just change shape.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
And that is completely fine and normal.

Working out in a gym is unnatural. There are other more primitive ways to exercise.

Funny that a guy named “primal” is here promoting man-made garbage techniques such as going to gym and lifting a metal bar up and down which is something that no ancient or “primal” human has ever done :lol:

Jackie Puppet said:
Lunar Dance 666 said:

Working out in a gym is unnatural. There are other more primitive ways to exercise.

Funny that a guy named “primal” is here promoting man-made garbage techniques such as going to gym and lifting a metal bar up and down which is something that no ancient or “primal” human has ever done :lol:

You can remain silent as you are being a troll. His feelings on working out are admirable, however he needs to understand that there are fundamentals that require spiritual influence. Primitive? There is nothing wrong with lifting weights, but to place it as the only criteria is nonsensical.

Jackie Puppet said:
Lunar Dance 666 said:

It has its place, and I don't buy the natural/unnatural argument for everything. If I did then I could easily conclude that civilization, technology, and every advanced thing that humans do is unnatural because wild animals don't do it or something like that. Weight lifting is very effective for transforming the body, and I wasn't dismissing it altogether. I even said it can be used to supplement the primary type of exercise one prefers. And I might be wrong, but I think they did do these sorts of things in Ancient Greece.

I used to curl 30 pound dumb bells every day. My max on the bench press years ago before I stopped going to the gym was 95, and I want to go back to increase that to at least 135 and hopefully around 200 over time. I do get enjoyment out of feeling the strain and burn in my muscles so it's something that works for me, and I do kind of miss it. I never did it for bodybuilding though and I never will. My goal was always to get healthier and stronger, and to push my limits and prove myself to myself.

I'll tag on a little reply as well for the other part of the conversation started by Ninrick:
this is a difference in perspective and mentality, as I see it. I would say that type of view is very Saturnian, too much so for me. I used to think like that a bit as well, but now I see it as oppressive to my spirit when it's too much. I am now trying to discover a better balance with it for myself, applying Saturnian discipline in a fun way which works for me and doesn't make me feel devoid of passion and enthusiasm. I want to enjoy what I'm doing and have fun with it while working towards my goals.

I'm the first to tell people "Sometimes you just have to do things you don't want to do." But again, balance. I've also used a variation of that line: "Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, so you can do things that you do want to do."

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Shadowcat said:

The last picture with the red bra is photoshopped. Her hips are way smaller there than in the picture of the left of it and I am pretty sure we can all agree that bones don't just change shape.

That's not Photoshop those pictures are side by side to show before and after for comparison....her hips got smaller because that's literally how fat she was.

The Buteyko breathing method is pretty good for raising metabolism.
It's hard to convince people but the idea that CO2 is a toxic waste gas is Jewish fabricated BS.
Arterial CO2 levels directly corelate to body oxygen levels
oxygenadvantage.com
normalbreathing.com.
normalbreathing.com/co2/
Lots of Soviet Buteyko practitioners were killed off by the KGB supposedly because it was making people too healthy and hard to control.

The reason that Yoga and Taiji are more important than adding muscle for SS is because these nourish and rejuvenate the fascia which is the largest bioelectric organ in your body.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
NinRick said:
jrvan said:

Aside from mandatory school have you *ever* done anything 'just because'? Because that is what jrvn is talking about.

Its has been said before. As an SS you don't have to go to the gym lift weights etc, but excerise in a way that suits you. Aka something that is at least somewhat fun for you to do. Because thats easiest to keep up and to have motivation for.

There are times when I feel that the gym gets monotonous and I would like to do different things, but right now it's the only thing I have to keep myself in shape.
For example, I really miss being more in touch with nature and feeling more grounded.

All this talk and I strangely don't see Brother Stormblood's (if I remember correctly) topic on the utter jewishness of weightlifting, at the very least its modern form ("modern" as in all the way back to even Arnold, who himself may be a jew). Whoever it was by, it was really compelling.

I for one despise the equation of "working out" or "sports" to weightlifting in the minds of the vast majority of people, when it's pretty much just about the lowest form of sport there can be. Little to no functional strength gain, almost guaranteed to lose flexibility (which is leagues more important than simple strength alone), the kind of superficial and vain ego kicks the OP himself seems to be susceptible to, etc. There are far better, superior sports for functional strength, flexibility and more.

At most, mindful (as in, not stupidly lifting things up and down) resistance training at times can be a good side addition to one's actual workout routine.

Asurya said:
It's hard to convince people but the idea that CO2 is a toxic waste gas is Jewish fabricated BS.
oxygenadvantage.com
normalbreathing.com.
normalbreathing.com/co2/
Lots of Soviet Buteyko practitioners were killed off by the KGB supposedly because it was making people too healthy and hard to control.

The reason that Yoga and Taiji are more important than adding muscle for SS is because these nourish and rejuvenate the fascia which is the largest bioelectric organ in your body.

I don't know about breathing in carbon dioxide... that sounds really dangerous. What about the teachings of photosynthesis and the symbiotic relationship between plants and beasts? Plants are meant to absorb CO2 while providing O2 to beasts which produce CO2.

NinRick said:
jrvan said:

Hey Ninrick it said you quoted me but I dont see what you said?

Primal said:
I'm honestly just a bit angry that Yujiro Hanma of Baki is being forgotten in this community when He is the model to follow in Satanism.

There is no problem in taking inspiration from art, but please do not push exaggerated fiction on everyone else, or call it "the model to follow in Satanism." especially since you are barely dedicated.

Not everyone needs to look like a bodybuilder, it is more important that each individual follows their own path up the mountain.

I guarantee you that no matter how great you are weightlifting there are certain disciplines that would make you cry physically. Take the Shaolin Monks for example, none have the body of weightlifter, but all have stupendous calisthenic austerity. Another example are ballerinas, they train their whole lives to achieve that grace, and their training routine is unfathomable to most people.

Likewise, these people probably cannot deadlift as much as you, to each their own.

I have read that you lack time, I bet if you cut your bb routine in half and replaced it with Satanic meditation you would be much farther ahead in advancement over time.

Anyways, just my thoughts.

Asurya said:
oxygenadvantage.com
normalbreathing.com.
normalbreathing.com/co2/

Of course CO2 and O2 are directly correlated. Because CO2 is created from O2. More oxygen in the blood, when it degrades in the body it becomes CO2.

You can reduce a person's blood CO2 concentration to zero by having them breathe something like pure nitrogen with no oxygen. But then blood oxygen is also zero so this experiment would not be good to do. Another interesting thing is that the extremely physically and mentally painful feeling of suffocation would never happen. This feeling is caused by too much CO2 in the blood, so it does not exist when there is no CO2. Instead there would only be the feeling of very high nitrogen in the blood, which is like a mix of very strong drunkness and tiredness. It becomes very difficult to think about anything or comeplete even a simple action, there is very strong confusion. But there is also strong calmness and tiredness.

The effects of large amounts of nitrogen are very often felt by scuba divers who use some special equipment. Like the ones who go very deep. They breathe a mix of oxygen, nitrogen, and sometimes also helium, so they end up with a lot of nitrogen dissolving into the blood.

I also do not believe that story about the KGB. I guess that it would be much more likely that the KGB would have all of their people start following these actions if they saw that it was helpful in any strong amount.

Lunar Dance 666 said:
NinRick said:
jrvan said:

Hey Ninrick it said you quoted me but I dont see what you said?

Because I deleted my reply.

jrvan said:
I don't know about breathing in carbon dioxide... that sounds really dangerous. What about the teachings of photosynthesis and the symbiotic relationship between plants and beasts? Plants are meant to absorb CO2 while providing O2 to beasts which produce CO2.

Buteyko breathing is about raising endogenous CO2, not breathing it in from anywhere else.
You do this through breathing exercises that raise air hunger in varying degrees.

The gentlest way to do it is to just pause at the end of your exhales for as long as you comfortably can. Keep breathing like that and your CO2 levels will rise gently without any air hunger. It's a very good pranayam to go deep in void meditation.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Of course CO2 and O2 are directly correlated. Because CO2 is created from O2. More oxygen in the blood, when it degrades in the body it becomes CO2.

You can reduce a person's blood CO2 concentration to zero by having them breathe something like pure nitrogen with no oxygen. But then blood oxygen is also zero so this experiment would not be good to do. Another interesting thing is that the extremely physically and mentally painful feeling of suffocation would never happen. This feeling is caused by too much CO2 in the blood, so it does not exist when there is no CO2. Instead there would only be the feeling of very high nitrogen in the blood, which is like a mix of very strong drunkness and tiredness. It becomes very difficult to think about anything or comeplete even a simple action, there is very strong confusion. But there is also strong calmness and tiredness.

The effects of large amounts of nitrogen are very often felt by scuba divers who use some special equipment. Like the ones who go very deep. They breathe a mix of oxygen, nitrogen, and sometimes also helium, so they end up with a lot of nitrogen dissolving into the blood.

I also do not believe that story about the KGB. I guess that it would be much more likely that the KGB would have all of their people start following these actions if they saw that it was helpful in any strong amount.

Like I said it's hard to convince people. I found out about it when I kept getting sluggish and having a stuffy nose after eating,
I found a youtube video from the Russian guy who runs normalbreathing.com that said to pinch your nose and turn your head back and forth until you have strong air hunger, then breathe in gently through your nose.
And what do you know, it worked? Mental clarity and open sinuses back in an instant.

I can't argue the science of it but I'm beyond convinced of the method after having practiced it personally.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back