Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

What are the origins of the demons sigils?

Endsieg_Enjoyer

Seeing as the first place in which such sigils appear(as far as I know) are in the Goetia of King Solomon which is a jewish book how do I know that these are connecting to the gods? Or that there isn't better avenues of communication rather than through hebrew sources? I haven't had any negative experiences with the sigils so far but still the source is strange, if any of you could clarify I would be grateful.

Endsieg_Enjoyer said:
Seeing as the first place in which such sigils appear(as far as I know) are in the Goetia of King Solomon which is a jewish book how do I know that these are connecting to the gods? Or that there isn't better avenues of communication rather than through hebrew sources?

These grimoires were used for abusing the Demons, so obviously the sigils are legit, otherwise they wouldn't have any effect at all in abusing them. The only things wrong were the double circles around the sigils.

This is going to sound controversial, but these grimoires aren't actually jewish. Not a single Hebrew or Aramaic original has been found. All their manuscripts are in European languages such as Latin, German and English. Also in many of those grimoires the authors not only had a bad knowledge of the jewish Kabala, but in grimoires such as the Greater Key of Solomon they used Psalms and other biblical passages from the Latin Vulgate, not the Hebrew version of the bible. Gershom Scholem, the jewish scholar said that these grimoires were written by Christians and pseudonymously attributed to mythical jews like Solomon or Abramelin.

Nameless One said:
Endsieg_Enjoyer said:

These grimoires were used for abusing the Demons, so obviously the sigils are legit, otherwise they wouldn't have any effect at all in abusing them. The only things wrong were the double circles around the sigils.

This is going to sound controversial, but these grimoires aren't actually jewish. Not a single Hebrew or Aramaic original has been found. All their manuscripts are in European languages such as Latin, German and English. Also in many of those grimoires the authors not only had a bad knowledge of the jewish Kabala, but in grimoires such as the Greater Key of Solomon they used Psalms and other biblical passages from the Latin Vulgate, not the Hebrew version of the bible. Gershom Scholem, the jewish scholar said that these grimoires were written by Christians and pseudonymously attributed to mythical jews like Solomon or Abramelin.

This is what I thought as well, that to bind a demon you would have to get their sigil correct, I know that eventually a demon may give you a more personalized and better sigil once you build a close enough relationship with them. I still wonder where these original sigils come from whether these books were written by jews or their subsidiaries(xian, pisslam, etc) doesn't really matter what matters is the original source. I have read on a certain (((forum))) the ramblings of a former hp who went on about how the demons were created by the jews and that they aren't the original gods but rather egregores, and that the true pagan gods don't use these sigils. Though he might have gone insane by reading too much kabbalah as he also said Satan was the savior of the jews, the serpent is a jewish symbol and other such nonsense but it did make me wonder about the origin of the sigils.

AVE Satanas!

Sumerian, HP made a post on it after I asked the same question.

They are not Hebrew by any stretch of imagination, whenever they are surrounded by a circle with Hebrew writing it's an attempt to bind both the Demon and the alchemical knowledge that the sigil represents.

They are Satanic, and safe and powerful for the gentile soul.

Endsieg_Enjoyer said:
This is what I thought as well, that to bind a demon you would have to get their sigil correct, I know that eventually a demon may give you a more personalized and better sigil once you build a close enough relationship with them. I still wonder where these original sigils come from whether these books were written by jews or their subsidiaries(xian, pisslam, etc) doesn't really matter what matters is the original source. I have read on a certain (((forum))) the ramblings of a former hp who went on about how the demons were created by the jews and that they aren't the original gods but rather egregores, and that the true pagan gods don't use these sigils. Though he might have gone insane by reading too much kabbalah as he also said Satan was the savior of the jews, the serpent is a jewish symbol and other such nonsense but it did make me wonder about the origin of the sigils.

AVE Satanas!

I think sigils were not used to BIND demons. But they were used to COMPEL their apparition. Unlike servitors, sigils are not a part of Demons. Sigils are used as mediums to contact demons. I think we can make our personal sigils to contact demons or they themselves can give more effective sigil.

Some of the sigils might be of egregores. It's likely that Christian magicians got them mixed up because they were unable to differentiate.

I like to read about demon summonings by others, most of them experienced egregores or some kind of servitors. But some who believed them to be real, experienced them as real sentient beings.

हर्ष said:
Endsieg_Enjoyer said:

AVE Satanas!

I think sigils were not used to BIND demons. But they were used to COMPEL their apparition. Unlike servitors, sigils are not a part of Demons. Sigils are used as mediums to contact demons. I think we can make our personal sigils to contact demons or they themselves can give more effective sigil.

Some of the sigils might be of egregores. It's likely that Christian magicians got them mixed up because they were unable to differentiate.

I like to read about demon summonings by others, most of them experienced egregores or some kind of servitors. But some who believed them to be real, experienced them as real sentient beings.

Do not make your own sigils. As I said already the sigils are Sumerian in origin and are safe to use for summoning snd meditation. This is confirmed by HPC himself.

GoldenxChild1 said:
Do not make your own sigils. As I said already the sigils are Sumerian in origin and are safe to use for summoning snd meditation. This is confirmed by HPC himself.

I'm not going to make new sigils. I am just saying that it is possible to do so.

A sigil is a yantra. It is like a picture of the real shape of the energies inside of the god's soul. You can't just draw a few random shapes and have it be the sigil of someone's soul.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back